" /> Tutu's Children: A new moral task force for Africa - SomaliNet Forums

Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tutu's Children: A new moral task force for Africa

You can share your favorite youtube.com videos with other members by embedding them in your posts. Please remember the rule of thumb: don't post anything that you would not watch with your 12 year old sister or nephew :)

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
somali4lyf

Tutu's Children: A new moral task force for Africa

Postby somali4lyf » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:01 am

I think a new dawn has began for Africa. A new beam of leaders that are in the footsteps of Desmond Tutu's legacy. It is actually great to see African intellectuals in one place discussing the real issues of Africa.

I think it is not too late for us, Somalis, to start cooperating with the rest of Africa and learn how to exchange ideas, skills without looking down on anyone. Even North African Arabs are embracing their Africanimo...so why not us?

I remember from a TED talk that I watched, a Ghanian enterprenuer and software engineer quit his Microsoft job soon after the civil war broke out in Somalia to start a liberal Arts college that sponsors students from all corners of Africa. Today, the college he started is one of the best colleges in West Africa.

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Tutu's Children: A new moral task force for Africa

Postby hydrogen » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:06 am

No.

Spec2014
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Spec2014 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:54 pm

I think ego & a mindset of vengeance is what holds back the bulk of Somalis...Many still clutch onto past wrongs...Its very complicated really it's not that simple.

ElfRuler
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ElfRuler » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:49 am

I think ego & a mindset of vengeance is what holds back the bulk of Somalis...Many still clutch onto past wrongs...Its very complicated really it's not that simple.

I couldn't agree more. But, I think there is also the issue of Somalis romanticizing chaos, anarchic and bloodshed. Fighting words are part of the daily discussion. One moment they are united, the next moment they are killing, raping, and destroying their neighbors, clan members, and worse some times their distant relatives.

They don't only clutch to past wrong doings, but constantly create new ones out of thin air.

somali4lyf

Postby somali4lyf » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:46 am

I couldn't agree more. But, I think there is also the issue of Somalis romanticizing chaos, anarchic and bloodshed. Fighting words are part of the daily discussion. One moment they are united, the next moment they are killing, raping, and destroying their neighbors, clan members, and worse some times their distant relatives.

They don't only clutch to past wrong doings, but constantly create new ones out of thin air.
I wouldn't say 'romanticizing' as you put, but rather a huge mistrust that clouds over any possible 'positive step' that one decides to take for the betterment of our ailing people.

Also, our loyalty to warlords and tribal shenanigans seems to have never changed. What is even more surprising is that, the things our people do are sometimes beyond the boundaries of Islam. Perhaps we need to remind ourselves first and foremost that we are MUSLIMS before we are Somalis.

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:08 pm

:lol: we should be more involved with the middle eastern sphere not these zanji kaafirs.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.