" /> About the "Somalis and Ethiopians are mixed" video - SomaliNet Forums

Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

About the "Somalis and Ethiopians are mixed" video

You can share your favorite youtube.com videos with other members by embedding them in your posts. Please remember the rule of thumb: don't post anything that you would not watch with your 12 year old sister or nephew :)

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
DaacasBiyo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

About the "Somalis and Ethiopians are mixed" video

Postby DaacasBiyo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:09 pm

I recently called that video a lie and pointed out the fact that it's got over 80% dislikes. The author Awale obviously didn't like that and responded furiously by insulting me and calling me names, I did not mind that because I've read him call people who respond to his video the same thing.
Mind you I have no problem with his data but I have a problem with him overreaching and painting Somalis as mixed when we know the 'mix' is ancient and it's from the Levant. What Awale is doing in the video is painting a picture of the Somalis as mixed along side the Amhara and Tygarians using a picture map of West-Eurasia that extends all the way to North Europe when in fact that West-Eurasia picture is wrong and that quiet a lot of the Amhara and Tygarians mix is a lot younger then the Somalis mix, as young as 2000 years old.

Listen don't get me wrong, I am an Afrocentric Somali and I think the Somali people are related to 2 of the greatest Civilisations the world has seen that is Kemet (Egypte) and Sumer(Mesopotamia) through our E-V32 and T-M70 and that our history and genealogy is as old as the early humans but from reading Awale I get the sense that he does not really like the African side of the Somalis and that he's bending the truth to keep us in the old Arabian narrative when his own data says that the pre-historic Somali autosomal dna is of Natufians, Neolithic Levantines and Anatolians. Some other oddies I also found with his conversion is that when he's demeaning you he also just blatantly makes stuff up on you, quite odd.

So I just wanted to know if anyone here has had a chat with this young fellow and what was their experience

You can read my conversation with him here - change Top comments to Newest first and my profile name is keno kay

Here's his West-Eurasian picture, straight from his blog
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/--NraFJdzfnk/ ... ia%2B2.png

Here's the Levant picture, from wikipedia
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ion%29.png

Here's a link where they talk about 'Selam' the oldest fossils found, even older than Lucy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selam_(Australopithecus)

Here's a map of where it was found

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.