Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Degmada Mait ee Sanaag ee Beesha Haber Younis

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Reer Burao
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Burco-desparado, running wild throw Warbaye, Sanyare, finaly Gashamo. Before I move onto Duruqsi

Degmada Mait ee Sanaag ee Beesha Haber Younis

Postby Reer Burao » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:56 am

Beesha Haber Younis would like to welcome you to Mait, Sanaag.

http://www.hoygasuugaanta.com/Sheekh.jpg

Above is the 880 year Tomb of Shiek Issaq, which under the rightful protection of nobality of Beesha Haber Younis.

Beesha sharfta badan ee Siyed Garxajis 'Haber Younis' are the Royal Guardians of Shiek Issaq Tomb in Mait. Only the nobality of Haber Younis can enter the Great Haber Younis city, were ther Great Shiek Issaq is buried.

Beesha Haber Younis iyo Siyed Garxajis order a special flag with The Shiek's 1000 year old arabic family crest from India and cover his tomb ever year. The Crest of Shiek Issaq is now the crest for the Sultantant of Beesha Haber Younis.

Erigavo iyo Mait.

Ducaysane_87
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Degmada Mait ee Sanaag ee Beesha Haber Younis

Postby Ducaysane_87 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:10 am

thats whats up may allah bless sheikh isxaaq 8-) :sland:

Highland
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Highland » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:00 am

The reason Mait is an ancient Port town is that it was once under the possession of Harti Sultanate.

"Harti , people of Mait, recorded in the book Fatah al-Habasha (1553).

I am going to build my own house and recall when my ancestors arrayed their forces against Abyssinia.
:mrgreen:

oldenglish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby oldenglish » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:31 am

The reason Mait is an ancient Port town is that it was once under the possession of Harti Sultanate.

I am going to build my own house and recall when my ancestors arrayed their forces against Abyssinia.
To be honest and no disrepect to Isaaqs I don't know just like the ones of spoken to in Mayd how this group is tied to each other under Isaaqs. The term Dir is ubiquitous they live throughout Maakhir intermarrying with locals many of these groups come from small lineages of Dir which then claim Isaaq is part of Dir which their lineages are tied to the Isaaq lineages present in Maakhir. I've spoken with one Dir elder who said many of the groups in Maakhir who are Isaaqs are Dir and were just a few centuries and even decades ago.

Mayd was a Bah Ogaslabe/Gahayle settlement the town today doesnt have more then 15 houses it faces water shortage and many of the peoples reclocated to Erigavo/Jidali and the badiyo, I wouldnt even consider it a town but a village.

Ducaysane_87
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ducaysane_87 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:26 am

Mayd was where sheikh isxaaq was buried tuna Kids stop claiming Mayd you guys are ridiclous move on - Mayd belongs to beleywenta Hy , Muse carre now 8-)

Ducaysane_87
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ducaysane_87 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:27 am

:lol: ridiclous

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.