Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sanaag beauty

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
xiimaaya
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Sanaag beauty

Postby xiimaaya » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:08 pm

Yes indeed :blessed:

It's funny how we're just stuck with that tuna name even though only a few people actually fish :lol:

Quick question: which ppl ayaad isku dabeecd tihiin. In terms of dhqan iyo culture? Idoor or mj?

For me beelaha darood dagaa Puntland we are only isku issir lkn they much like the south in terms of personality iyo dhqan.
I'm not saying its good or bad .

Lkn idoorka asxaab badan ba ku leeyahay caadiba isku fahana xaga ids dheex galka bulsho

Siyaasd waaxa ku nacay kala gooa somali. Long term I don't want to be a minority anywhere.
I have friends from both tribes but culturally we have more in common with Isaaqs and dhulos, except for Dubeys iyo dadkaas who have more in common with MJ people.

Personally, I have friends from both tribes (my best friend is MJ), but I have actual family who are Isaaq and my family has married into them.

Warsangeli back home are doing fine in both PL and SL so clearly we get along fine with all of them.

Now, politically speaking I am also sceptical about SL since we will become a minority, whereas now at least we can form a daarood block in somalia and in PL the MJ are our relatives. The only problem is that if we look on our own self-interest, we can quickly see that we've been getting screwed by MJ for the past decades. I mean, they've used Hartinimo to further their own interests while our degaans have been neglected. They have also blocked NGO's from entering our regions. The sad truth is that Hartinimo has become useless.

It's a tough question, but the sentiment that I'm getting from people who have traveled back home in recent years is that people are becoming more and more frustrated with PL.

There's also the fact that PL is part of Somalia which raises the question of whether or not we can trust the government in Mogadishu to safeguard our interests in the long run. We all saw what they did to the dhulos, so frankly it's clear that they don't give a damn about us northerners. Fact is, we can both go to hargeysa today, but neither of us can set foot in our own so called "caasimad" without risking our lives. Meanwhile Ugandans are living the good life in "Xamar cadde". The way things are going, I have zero confidence in Xamar politicians sxb.. Zero. They have turned Somalia into a circus. It's a wonder that PL hasn't declared independence yet, although I do suspect that the MJ are benefiting from the instability down south.

I'm personally beginning to lean more and more towards SL these days. Even though cuqdad filled Isaaqs are some of the most obnoxious people to be around. But back home they tend to be way less qabiilists and more down to earth.

I agree with everything you said there specifically mj.
Puntland is out of question for me.

Also xamar waxba no maa yaal but I can't trust idoor and I don't to be minority in my own land.

Il just wait out until idoor excepts the concept of North south sharing. Federalism is destroying this country.

Raganimo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Raganimo » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Well the dhulos have volunteered as guinea pigs so let's wait and see how things go for them :lol:

We just have to watch from safe distance :myman:

xiimaaya
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby xiimaaya » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:25 pm

Sxb let's keep it real. Xamar is unsafe for daaroods. :comeon:

Meanwhile there are Hawiyes all over Puntland and Somaliland.

The dhulos were basically given a middle finger by the government.
I'm assuming you have never been to Mogadishu, am I right?

If you knew Mogadishu, you would appreciate how many different clans that are present in Mogadishu.
Heck I even saw a warsangeli SNA soldier in Mogadishu.
If your life is more important than his, I don't know what to tell you.

So long as you don't go round screaming " Hawiye this" "Darood that", you're ok :lol: :up:
Infact you rarely get asked for your clan, people are too busy with their everyday lives.

Don't let politics get to you :lol:

As for Dhulos
Let me repeat again "we were the first to recognize them".
https://youtu.be/dM41riuL5Cc

What more could we have given them?

You honestly did what you could as somali citizen.

We're talking about the central government.

Geeljire252
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Geeljire252 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:38 pm

As for Dhulos

Lol I can't recognize them.

What more could the federal government have done?

If you are saying the federal government should give them weapons, we all know there is 0% chance of that happening.

xiimaaya
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby xiimaaya » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:30 pm

As for Dhulos

Lol I can't recognize them.

What more could the federal government have done?

If you are saying the federal government should give them weapons, we all know there is 0% chance of that happening.
no they could have put neutral troops on the ground. That would make the Federal government more credible.

Geeljire252
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Geeljire252 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:21 pm

no they could have put neutral troops on the ground. That would make the Federal government more credible.
When you say neutral, do you mean Amisom? :lol:

Raganimo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Raganimo » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:30 pm

When you say neutral, do you mean Amisom? :lol:
:whoa: :scusthov:

GalliumerianSlayer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GalliumerianSlayer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:40 pm

A simple topic of a video showcasing a beautiful region get's completely derailed when Somali's are involved.

Blessed land indeed, growing a lovely farm over there would be ideal.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.