Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What a site?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

What a site?

Postby guhad122 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:38 am

Years ago the Somali community in San Diego wanted to invite the great Somali singer Xasan Aadan Samatar to hold a concert. Some of the focking so-called elders refused and said no because singing is anti Islam and so on. In this video, one of those elders is sitting in the front row enjoying the beatufil girls on the stage. God Bless Madaxweyne Ina-Ileey :lol: :lol:
I think it is about time Somalis get rid of these hypocrite so-called Somali chiefs and elders. In the past, chiefs, sultans, garads, and all clan leaders were people with convictions and beliefs who earned their livelehoods. Today's so-called chiefs are hypocrites who divide people for their own gains and interests. What is even worse is that their numbers are increasing as each sub-sub-clan wants their own chief.

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: What a site?

Postby AwRastaale » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am

Nimco Yassin is legendary singer.

She gets better each year.

What happened to dhaanto did the Tigrais suspend the little funding meaning they achieved their objective?

Now days dhaanto sucks. No more wicked Amharic music. They are back to the keyboard. Even Ali Dhaanto.

I believe they stopped funding.

BlueBlood
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BlueBlood » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:20 am

I really hate this flag and its needless yellow colours (yellow reps habashi as the blue rep somalis) , Whoever changed the old flag is foking xoolo :pacspit:
The move to change the flag was a blatant motive to de-somalize us..and those dabaqoodhis fell for it.
The old flag was much better Image

To this Image

Wtf did they remove the blue and the white star? :dwill: why the geel?
Guhaad, who was the daud mohamed, Ex dds president? ma ogaden buu ahaa? they changed flag during his tenure

Awraastaale, abdi iley spent so much on singers in order to publicize his maamul, now every weji xun goes to jigjiga to get a share of the pie :pac: ..i think this is the second visit to jigjiga by nimco yasin to sing for ina iley.

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby barbarossa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:37 pm

When I first saw the title I thought it was referring to the unveiling of yet another Skinny website.:lol:

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:00 am

When I first saw the title I thought it was referring to the unveiling of yet another Skinny website.:lol:
I know it and it was intentional...Proper word would be sight.
Nimco Yaasin has been to Jigjiga so many times....Every single singer on the stage is from the Diaspora except Xariir, who is next to Iskilaaji at the far end.
Hawdian, are you calling Dhaanto Amharic music? The typical Somali music actually sounds more like Amharic music. Dhaanto is a true Somali culture and it came from Ogadenia. Dhaanto has several moves and dances but typical Somali music dance is like bipolar dancing. No rhythm to it.

As for funds running out, 5 of the people on the stage are from Beesha iidoor, so does that mean they work for free?

BlueBlood, the man who changed the flag was Daauud Amxaar; one of the worst presidents DDSI ever had. He is Makaahiil by the way. Another ineffective and ruthless president was the one before him who was Bah-Geri, and his name was Lugbuur. He fled to diaspora after he got fired. :lol: :lol:

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:41 am

The flag was designed by the Isaac President of SR and is based on SL one.

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:54 am

The current Somali kilil flag is more Somali than that fake blue thing. The camel (haasheena maandeeq) represents The true Somali culture. Kudos to dauud amxaar to change wanlaweyn Symbols, inay madaw ka dhigaan bay ahayd background ka hasha, to insult wanlaweyn fake Somaliweyn. even if The western Somali region gets independence from Ethiopia it will be a country of its own they have nothing to do with Somalia.

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:12 am

Not really; the flag was changed right before Cabdi Ileey and he actually he had a hand in designing it as he was responsible for the security in the two administrations before him. He was basically running the show. Cabdi Majiid, if that is who you are referring to, was dead by then.

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:27 am

I think he means the three parallel red white and green colors.

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:29 am

I think he means the three parallel red white and green colors.
The two flags actually look very similar....Until I saw the camel, i thought i was looking at Somaliland flag.

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby theyuusuf143 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:33 am

I think he means the three horizontal red white and green lines resembling Somaliland flag.

Postby 24k » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:06 am

Are now claiming the SSDF/MJ flag as an isaaq one :lol:

Do you always talk out of your ass :?

BlueBlood
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BlueBlood » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:13 pm

I really hate this flag and its needless yellow colours (yellow reps habashi as the blue rep somalis) , Whoever changed the old flag is foking xoolo :pacspit:
The move to change the flag was a blatant motive to de-somalize us..and those dabaqoodhis fell for it.

To this Image

Guhaad, who was the daud mohamed, Ex dds president? ma ogaden buu ahaa? they changed flag during his tenure

Awraastaale, abdi iley spent so much on singers in order to publicize his maamul, now every weji xun goes to jigjiga to get a share of the pie :pac: ..i think this is the second visit to jigjiga by nimco yasin to sing for ina iley.
quoting this again to show how glad i am with MMC.
So far all the steps taken by the president are right and justified...Somalize again :dj:
where is Guhad horta?

Ps this flag was created in 1993 by ONLF and allied parties.

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:54 pm

To this Image

Blueblood, Are you by any chance also NY? What parts of the world are you at? The flag was changed during Daauud Amxaar presidency but even at that time, Cabdi Ileey was running the show. I am glad the blue flag is back and now there is a talk the ONLF flag might replace. :up: :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.