Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would Somalis Unite if oil was discovered

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
DalJecel60
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Would Somalis Unite if oil was discovered

Postby DalJecel60 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:49 pm

:som: Would Somalis unite if oil was discovered

Like would Somaliland keep pushing for independence
Would Djibouti join Somalia
Would Clans stop clashing
Last edited by DalJecel60 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Halmogg
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Would Somalis Unite if oil was discovered

Postby Halmogg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:54 pm

No

PanSomaliNationalist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PanSomaliNationalist » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:04 pm

I honestly believe that further divide us. Let's say a darod president takes oil out of hawiye territory. I feel a lot of the hawiye would be pissed off and vice versa

DalJecel60
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby DalJecel60 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:06 pm

I honestly believe that further divide us. Let's say a darod president takes oil out of hawiye territory. I feel a lot of the hawiye would be pissed off and vice versa
Fair point
But if the oil is administrated by a Somali committee with each Clan represented

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Look how Somali's currently behave with aid money.........that should be your point of reference. :)

DalJecel60
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby DalJecel60 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:12 pm

I've heard that there's potential oil in the north like Sool,Bari,Nugaal and Sanaag
And there's also a likeness that there'd be conflict over SSC if oil is discovered there.

Sharmarke91
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sharmarke91 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:16 pm

Somalia's oil is in Dhulbahante territory and we would not share one single drop! in fact all the oil we produce will be invested in our regions and our people. If anybody challenges us they'd face the consequences!

VIVA DHULBAHANTE!

DalJecel60
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby DalJecel60 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:22 pm

Somalia's oil is in Dhulbahante territory and we would not share one single drop! in fact all the oil we produce will be invested in our regions and our people. If anybody challenges us they'd face the consequences!

VIVA DHULBAHANTE!
War hedhe Ina Adeer The oil blocks are separated into nugaal block and darhoor blocks

The nugaal block is in mostly nugaal but enters into sool
And the darhoor is bari but enters sanaag

Ina Adeerow the oil is in dhul harti
And secondly the oil is overall in dhul Somali
And if anyone's gonna benefit it is Somaliwayn
The oils profit should build the regions it's based in and the capital and then each other region should be given a percentage so they can develop too

viva somaliwayn :som:

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:33 pm

If Oil is gonna be found in Somalia, its gonna be in the Hobyo basin in south eastern Mudug. And guess who lives there?

If u guessed Sacad/Ceyr, than give urself a big round of applause.

Its estimated to hold about $100 billion worth of reserves.

PanSomaliNationalist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PanSomaliNationalist » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:41 pm

Fair point
But if the oil is administrated by a Somali committee with each Clan represented
It'd be better if qabiil was simply banned

DalJecel60
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby DalJecel60 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:44 pm

If Oil is gonna be found in Somalia, its gonna be in the Hobyo basin in south eastern Mudug. And guess who lives there?

If u guessed Sacad/Ceyr, than give urself a big round of applause.

Its estimated to hold about $100 billion worth of reserves.
Xaajiyow I haven't really seen a map where mudug was init But allah baa og

DalJecel60
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby DalJecel60 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Fair point
It'd be better if qabiil was simply banned
Ban qabiil all you want it will always be a part of the Somali identity and I doubt banning qabiil would be a good way forward

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:49 pm

unite and somali dont get together all factors are on the table which clan sits on the oil the clan that sits on the oil wanta to enslave the enemy clans so the clan that sits on the oil wants to use the oil to get power and want to be king makers so it will.never unite somalis can never unite and its only good they cannot unite.

TeeriReturns
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TeeriReturns » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:50 pm

i pray to God somalia never discovers oil in this current state, maybe when we unite, can you just imagine the more divisions with direct foreign interventions, we will become a play ground for the chinese and americans and UK and EU on the side, we will be even further divided by regional neighbors,

dude ever heard of the resource curse? most resource rich countries have become destablised or massive foreign medelling, we cannotm even agree how to share the aid money, how will we share potential billions every year, besides one tribe could arm its self to the teeth and karbash everyone, i just see a lot of major problems if we get oil in our land discovered, more mayham

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:52 pm

But all jokes aside though, I don't believe there is oil in Somalia. Because if there was, big multi national companies would have been there yesterday and this whole dagaal sokeeye thingy wouldn't have happened.

I believe only Ethiopia has oil. I remember reading something about Chinese oil workers being killed there few years ago.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.