Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jigjiga Export Slaughter House Connects Pastoralists to International Markets (Video)

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Cunaaye25
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Jigjiga Export Slaughter House Connects Pastoralists to International Markets (Video)

Postby Cunaaye25 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:42 pm

The first ever international-standard abattoir and livestock fattening facility in the Somali Region opened for business in Faafan village, approximately 40km west of Jigjiga, which is home to the largest animal population in Ethiopia. A $1.5 million USAID grant to JESH PLc., leveraged private sector investment to construct a slaughterhouse that will provide a reliable livestock market for lowland areas of Ethiopia where the majority of pastoral communities live and rear their livestock. This will create opportunities for thousands of pastoralists to increase their income, create new jobs and increase resilience.

Support for the slaughterhouse was provided by USAID’s innovation and investment fund, managed by Mercy Corps, which aims to increase pastoral household incomes and enhance resilience to climate change. The funding—from the Feed the Future, the U.S. Government’s global hunger and food security initiative—leverages local capital for investment in a range of market development activities that improve market linkages, generate employment, and increase financial inclusion. :up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwW2pzdtn6I

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Jigjiga Export Slaughter House Connects Pastoralists to International Markets (Video)

Postby X.Playa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:05 pm

How opening a slaughterhouse fights hunger? Slaughterhouses are geared to export, most somali town folks rather buy tge animal on hoof and slaughter it themselves saving few bucks. USAid are very right wing C.I.A cover agency, whatever they invest on is coordinated with the IMF and world bank.

HashIII
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Jigjiga Export Slaughter House Connects Pastoralists to International Markets (Video)

Postby HashIII » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:08 am

This is great. It's about time Somalis started getting into meat processing. Hopefully this will set a precedent and have benefits for the economy. I know Somalis are copy cats so it won't be long until we have 100s of the same businesses kkkk. Ina iley is pretty damn good, maybe the best contemporary Somali leader?

MarsinQorahay
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MarsinQorahay » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:54 am

Faisal Guhad a very close relative of mine has done a great work on the slaughterhouse, creating 200 jobs who will help alot for the community in jigjiga and sorrounding areas, we need to industrial our regions and create more fabrics like this all across the region.

Cunaaye25
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cunaaye25 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:31 am

How opening a slaughterhouse fights hunger? Slaughterhouses are geared to export, most somali town folks rather buy tge animal on hoof and slaughter it themselves saving few bucks. USAid are very right wing C.I.A cover agency, whatever they invest on is coordinated with the IMF and world bank.

some of your previous quotes

What a waste of resources,.
Its a waste of resources, any export on the hoof of livstocks is a waste. Most efficient nations export meat not life animals at whole sale cheap price. These millions of animals are wrecking havoc on our eroding land so we can sell it to the Arabs at massively unfair prices at nomads expense
What a waste of resources,.
Unkown illness? How convenient, is there such thing as unkown diseases now days?

I don't know why Somalis export livestock to Saudis, the whole world from China to Nigeria would gladly buy Somali stocks at better prices.

Somalis have an Arab love tunnel visions, they are brain fuckked.

Miyaad aragtaa waxaad qortid, do you just argue for just the sake or arguments, waligaa dalkaaga iyo dadkaaga wax ma u qabatey!!?, at least this people are trying, and you have to give them a credit for at least trying to fight poverty.

Cunaaye25
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cunaaye25 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:37 am

Faisal Guhad a very close relative of mine has done a great work on the slaughterhouse, creating 200 jobs who will help alot for the community in jigjiga and sorrounding areas, we need to industrial our regions and create more fabrics like this all across the region.
:up: :up:

TeeriReturns
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TeeriReturns » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:14 pm

ignore that athiest idoor cries, he is just angry because we will no longer send our camels through berbera port that earns them income, I hear Dubai has given them contracts to supply frozen camel meat, we need more of these manufacturing sectors that moves us away from the primary sector and then isnha Allah we will move to the service sector that creates the mass jobs and wealth, slowly but surely :up:

HashIII
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby HashIII » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:11 pm

ignore that athiest idoor cries, he is just angry because we will no longer send our camels through berbera port that earns them income, I hear Dubai has given them contracts to supply frozen camel meat, we need more of these manufacturing sectors that moves us away from the primary sector and then isnha Allah we will move to the service sector that creates the mass jobs and wealth, slowly but surely :up:
Agriculture and livestock are two big sectors to hone into.

Which ports are used now, primarily Djbouti? I thought a lot of livestock still goes through Berbera. I even saw hundreds of camels and sheep being shepherded to Berbera on the highway to Berbera.

MayDay777
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MayDay777 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:46 pm

I want to help industrialize my land. Inshallah I will focus on factories once I go back

HashIII
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby HashIII » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:29 am

Will we ever see an equivalent to dhaanto from Isaaqs and Hawiyes?

Don't try and claim saylaci lmao, it belongs to the people of saylac, the dir. Or even the legendary jareer niiko :wow: wallahi I put respect on that booty shaking voodo ritual. So funtastic lmao.

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:53 am

Wallahi I think darod have a huge inferiority complex when it comes to Isaaq. These people bring Isaaq into everything they talk about, it's like they are seeking Isaaq acceptance

UgaasMaxamad

Postby UgaasMaxamad » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:53 pm

I have Shares in that slaughterhouse. Visited it a few months back coming into play.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.