Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Future of Ethiopia

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Talo alle udaa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

The Future of Ethiopia

Postby Talo alle udaa » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:26 am

It appears the Oromo, have now thrown there full weight behind the OPDO, the main party representing the Oromo region in EPRDF. In turn the OPDO has begun to make an alliance with ANDM, the main party representing the Ahmara region.

Both parties are members of the EPRDF, they repersent the two largest ethnic groups in the country. The thinking goes by combining their MPs in parliament, they will be able to outmaneuver the TPLF and name a new Prime minister who will no longer be in the shadows or at the mercy of the TPLF junta.

There are certain new realities that need to be mentioned to show how far things have come in Ethiopia. The OPDO, by openly endorsing some of the grievances of the Oromo masses, appears to be pursing it's own political ambitions outside of the TPLF tutelage. Likewise there some indications the ANDM is doing the same. Before attempting to predict what will happen in Ethiopia and the Ogaden, the following is a list of what I think are current political realities that will shape future events

1.The Oromo diaspora by endorsing the OPDO and by extension the Oromo's on the streets with it's pro unity agenda have now effectively shelved the idea of a break away Oromo republic or succession
2. An alliance of ANDM and OPDO means EPRDF will likely have a new PM in the near future
3. This alliance has effectively thrown the Ethiopian parliament into the opposition, meaning a parliament sanctioned state of Emergency is no longer possible in Ethiopia
4. The TPLF is at a crossroad. Whether to undertake military aggression or seek a political solution that will see it loose power smoothly

A. The likeliest scenario is a new PM who is from Oromo ethnic group with the full support of OPDO/ANDM. This outcome will be favored by international stakeholders. It will mean one Ethiopia. It will lead to the TPLF playing a minority role.
B. The second likeliest scenario is full TPLF onslaught against the current trajectory of the country. This will mean, the TPLF will make an example of the current OPDO leaders, they will instigate large scale ethnic conflicts, they will usurp power from the local state police who appears to be leaning towards the opposition. This will likely lead to mass blood shed on the streets which may throw the country into a civil war.
C. Because of Inna Illay and his Liyu police, which ever of those two scenarios that come to pass will have huge ramifications for the Ogaden region. Scenario A will mean the end of Ina Illay and the Liyu police. Scenario B will mean large scale civil unrest with Liyu police playing an active role in formenting clash between Somalis and the Oromo.

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: The Future of Ethiopia

Postby AwRastaale » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Good points. I haven't really had the time to follow activities both back home and abroad lately but I know TPLF is not as strong as it used to be and today the international community is on to them unlike in the past when they used to turn a blind eye.

Ethiopia is no longer needed in the fake war on terror as Trump prefers doing the job himself and the US is more engaged now directly. The Ethiopian cry about the Church, flow Christians in danger and the likes no longer working and Trump knows it's fake game to tap into their pockets.

The reason more Oromo endorsing OPDO is because some of the senior OPDO members such as the former defence minister and speaker of Parliament have openly protested the TPLF tactics. TPLF used to rely on them and know they can't do the job without them. The Amhara ANDM was always with its people unlike ina iley and OPDO.

You will never seen local police and security forces from Amhara turn the gun on their residents. These things only happened in Somali, Afar, and Oromo.

But now Oromo local police, army, OPDO members said enough.

The last clash between ina Iley and Oromo civilians had the most impact in terms of changing dynamics.

Also the last Irreechaa festival was a turning point where local Oromo forces fully embraced their civilians and in turn the civilians fully got behind their men and women in uniform. That's why there were no clashes.

Talo alle udaa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Talo alle udaa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:16 pm

Ninyahow I have come to realize your a decent guy who defends Somalis when your not slugging it here on Snet.

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:38 pm

Ninyahow I have come to realize your a decent guy who defends Somalis when your not slugging it here on Snet.
Qof xun inagu ma jiro abti. We differ on issues of opinions, our interpretations of events/history, and things that can be settled with enhanced education.

This I admit. I am aware of it. But I know who I am and I know how I see Somalis.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.