Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Galbeed ('''Ogadenia''') could've became autonomous.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Miscellaneous

How Galbeed ('''Ogadenia''') could've became autonomous.

Postby Miscellaneous » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:31 pm

I have thought about this for while, and I came to the realization that, had we (Ogadenis) kept the name of WSLF, and pushed for an independent state through those means, our outcome would've differed drastically to that of now.

Now, before you all jump at my throat, and call me a sheegato, I suggest you read everything that I'll write.

What one must realize, including us (Ogadens), is that fighting a united Ethiopian, or even Oromo army, is not at all feasible, and will always lead to failure. The name "Ogaden" was placed by the British and Haile Selassie in order cause discord and disunity among the tribes of galbeed - native or not. What one must also understand is that it's also incredibly hypocritical and disingenuous to point fingers and laugh at places like SL for worshiping colonial borders, while we, at best, celebrate the creation of a failed and incapable resistant group (ONLF); succumbing to the deceptive lies of 'peace', 'democracy', and 'development' by the deviant Abye Ahmed.

The second thing that you must realize is that I am not asking you back down on our position of leadership, but rather the seeking of alliances throughout the tribes of DDS. If you want other tribes to join the struggle (which is very much needed), we need to reason to. They must resonate with the long and hard strive for independence. Why the hell, for instance, would a Cisse of GB join a tribally exclusive rebel group? Even places like SL; or hell, even PL, doesn't have a tribally exclusive name. From what I can surmise through certain forums and conversations with MJs as to why their regional state is named PL and not 'Majerteeniya', they told me that it would alienate non-MJ Plers, and thus hampering its peacefulness and development through conflicts just by the title of this name. Now, tell me why are we so hard-pressed to name it 'Ogaden', when they are clearly a variety of tribes that settle with us, some being almost half our size? Are some of us really that dense? Even if, say, ONLF surprisingly liberates all of the major towns in Galbeed, and successfully repels the Ethiopian government, do you really think the remaining tribes (who happen to be larger than us when put together) will tolerate a state of Ogadeniya? To them, the maamul will be extremely exclusive, only catering to Ogadens (or Absame), and will find a way to leave the state and join with their kin. This will resort in to region plunging to civil war, with everyone trying to exit, giving Ethiopia a second chance to conquer the region again during our disarray. I am sure that you would irritate you also, would it?

Thirdly, the change of the name change would also squeeze out the bakhti eeys who trade our soldiers for their own benefit. Take the Qalbi-Dhagax case, for instance. Do you honestly think, in any way, that Farmaajo would be able to do what he did to a WSLF soldier, rather than a ONLF? Think about that for a second. It isn't possible, in any way! Since our WSLF group is about liberating SOMALI lands, it would bring farmaajo, who is a supposed nationalist, his entire reputation down; and, since our group Somalinimo, our rebel forces will be viewed as 'true heroes' and 'nationalists', and thus increasing our support, and isolating the dhabadhilifs and their supporters away. What you understand about the Xabashi is that they are very clever, and they know how to play through tribal lines. I mean, look at the the '77 war, and what name it was given. The sole purpose of referring to the war and Galbeed "Ogaden" at that time, was to make us feel detached from Somalia, making us our own ethnic group, and de-solidifying the purpose of the war. Now, and in recent times, when ONLF was their strongest, the kept on referring to the region as 'The Somali Region of Ethiopia', in order to alienate us and play other tribes against us. Anything that comes close to liberating the land, the injiirley would play other tribes against each other, dividing and conquering. They obviously learned it from their colonial predecessors, the British and Italians, and were successful in doing it, as seen how they kept us in a leash for a long time.

Lastly, what we need to realize is that our influence isn't going on the region isn't leave over-night. Ogaden (Absame), would always have, due to their heavy presence in the region, majority of the power is going to stay with us. Maybe, we can throw a presidency and a few significant positions to certain tribes to show that we are 'fair' and 'democratic', but for the most part, we are going to be calling the shots. Or, we can the fake federalism like what Ethiopia and Abye is doing right now, but I digress... This will be a topic for later.

As for now, we are truly fucked. We have given up completely, and Abiye has ONLF on his leash; completely neutered and wasted, waiting for the so called 'development'. We have prematurely rushed into KIsmayo and Jubbaland without carefully realizing the risks it serves, and why it is harmful for us. I know for sure, even though some won't admit it, that Axmed Madoobe's is very near; and since we spent all of our time and resources on to the project, when we are kicked out (hopefully not), we will be dumbfounded to find stinking Qotis and san-wayne Bantus running across our homeland. Sometimes I really wish that I went backed 20, or 25 years back, when ONLF was formed, in order to make these changes.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.