Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4000 OGs raised in kismaayo to defeat the british late 1890s

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

4000 OGs raised in kismaayo to defeat the british late 1890s

Postby metamorphosis » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:55 pm

After mohamed zubayr killed Jenner the English sent reinforcements from nearby African countries and as far as India. They were called the king's african rifles.

Talo alle udaa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: 4000 OGs raised in kismaayo to defeat the british late 1

Postby Talo alle udaa » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Nice find Meta. I believe The Solution to the Absame predicament is as follows:
The Sujuis have been disarmed and turned into civilians with not much in return, the ones in Ethiopia are in a period of transition after death of Zenawi, and the ones in Somalia have finally put together a winning formula although the program their leading has not solidified and is still un-stable.

To move forward, the NFD, with other somali tribes, should vouch for an autonomous region with it's own national guard. This would remove the need for the Kikuyu led kenyan army to be on Somali lands.

the Somaligalbeed region needs a period of peace to re-plant the seeds of a future rebellion when the opportunity arises. This is why I believe the current ONLF contingent should not disarm but move to the Jubbas/NFD to set up bases their. In the meantime, this would allow the ONLF to use such deal to place strong men in charge that would allow the Kilil to have it's own national guard in the context of "Federal" Ethiopia, rehabilitate Liyu-police soldiers, etc.

Making such moves would require bold moves, foresight, and a little bit of luck. Their is no gaurantee an African country like Ethiopia, with no Independent judiciary, would follow through to such deals. That's why moving the current ONLF fighters (atleast most of them) to Jungles of Kaamboni would be necessary.

I am almost certain Ethiopia will fall along ethnic lines, their is too much mistrust between the Woyane and Ahmara. The only question is what condition we'll be in when such time comes.

ina aadan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ina aadan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:46 pm

:blessed: :blessed: :blessed: :blessed:
Cowl Baahale iyo Reer Subeer, cuurka Reer Xamara
Cabdalle iyo Makaahiil wixii, cudud Ogaadeen ah
Ciisiyo Jibraa’iil Bahgeri, curadadii Aadan
Calaankii la guubaabin jirey, ciiskii soo rogeye
Nin calool nuglaadaa ma galo, ciidho dirireede
Haddii caadilnimo loo warami, taagte calan dheere
Waatay Cibraan iyo noqdeen, ciidan xoog badane
Afartaa cadceedoodba waa, laga cataabaaye
Ogaadeen cadceed iyo cadceed, ciirshe dunidii dheh
Ninkaan magan cidhbaha noo fadhiyin, caydhis baa diliye

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Postby metamorphosis » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:48 pm

The Sujuis have been disarmed and turned into civilians with not much in return, the ones in Ethiopia are in a period of transition after death of Zenawi, and the ones in Somalia have finally put together a winning formula although the program their leading has not solidified and is still un-stable.

To move forward, the NFD, with other somali tribes, should vouch for an autonomous region with it's own national guard. This would remove the need for the Kikuyu led kenyan army to be on Somali lands.

the Somaligalbeed region needs a period of peace to re-plant the seeds of a future rebellion when the opportunity arises. This is why I believe the current ONLF contingent should not disarm but move to the Jubbas/NFD to set up bases their. In the meantime, this would allow the ONLF to use such deal to place strong men in charge that would allow the Kilil to have it's own national guard in the context of "Federal" Ethiopia, rehabilitate Liyu-police soldiers, etc.

Making such moves would require bold moves, foresight, and a little bit of luck. Their is no gaurantee an African country like Ethiopia, with no Independent judiciary, would follow through to such deals. That's why moving the current ONLF fighters (atleast most of them) to Jungles of Kaamboni would be necessary.

I am almost certain Ethiopia will fall along ethnic lines, their is too much mistrust between the Woyane and Ahmara. The only question is what condition we'll be in when such time comes.
Cohesion and leadership is all it boils down to. I cant help but think I can do a better job than most of the so called absame leaders today. :lol:

ina aadan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ina aadan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Cohesion and leadership is all it boils down to. I cant help but think I can do a better job than most of the so called absame leaders today. :lol:
Hadayba heerkaas ka marayso is caleemo saar de inader annana aan ku tageere.

Marques
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Marques » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:53 pm

I wish well for my OG cousins, there was a time i loved these people more than my own clan because of guys like this,

Allahow amuuraha sahal.

ina aadan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ina aadan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Somaliman.
sxb somaali unbaan waxaan la qabnaa, kuwo iiman la´ iyo kuwo hagaagsanba waanu lenahay.

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby metamorphosis » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Hadayba heerkaas ka marayso is caleemo saar de inader annana aan ku tageere.
:lol: all I am saying is we need to start thinking with one mind and mobilize as one body.

ina aadan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ina aadan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Meta.

inader waa la kala baxay, waxaana loo kala baxay 2 guruub oo midna Xaq ku taagan midna Baadil ku taagan.

quark
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby quark » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:08 pm

:blessed:

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby metamorphosis » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:24 pm

Meta.

inader waa la kala baxay, waxaana loo kala baxay 2 guruub oo midna Xaq ku taagan midna Baadil ku taagan.
This is where the art of persuasion comes in. We need leaders who appeal to both parties and unite them under the same banner. We need leaders who can plant seeds into the minds of their followers relatively easily. We need to realize that it doesnt have to be either or.
I have some ideas bro and I will post them in the pg soon inshallah.

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Imagine if all ogaadeens lived in one country :wow:

ina aadan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ina aadan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:29 pm

War wax laysu keenikaro ma´aha dadku waayo dhiigyacab iyo qofkii damiirka lahaa meel ma wada fadhiisankaraan runtii.
Ninka sanamkii malis sameeyaya iyo qolyaha taageraya miyaad u malayn inay isla heshiin karaan agoontii iyo dadkii dadkooda la laayaya.

ina aadan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ina aadan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Advo.

Waxaan aminsanahay inuu sidan khayrku noogu jiro.

Talo alle udaa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Talo alle udaa » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:33 pm

Meta, we have independent leadership on the ONLF side, to represent the interest of the Somalis, fighting for independence or union with Somalia. However, Ina Iley is currently not in a position to think for anyone outside of his own ego & personal interest. The leaders of Jigjiga, although they no longer have Tigre generals behind their backs, still have not come around to think beyond their personal gain. This is why they sweep each other under the bus, because for them its a personal contest not one of people.

However, the death of Zenawi has created a special situation in Ethiopia were the Woyane themselves are not sure what the fate of the country would be. However, Ina Iley still continues to suck up to the Tigre General in Harar, who overseas military operations in kilil5.

Having said that, the ONLF has been stagnant in itself, with no change in leadership the past decade. The lack of change in leadership, inability to deal with criticism, and many shortcomings have paralyzed the movement.

In moving forward I believe, Ina omar Usman should be retired and a new young commander be chosen from within the region. The diaspora should push the WSLF wadaads to woe ina Iley and his henchmen away from his connections to these lowlying Tigre generals, and try to get him to think beyond his personal survival.

Sheikh Ibrahim should be put his "peace deal" to task, open a political office, and form a political opposition to the current ruling party. He's party would function like the political wing of the Kurdish militia, arguing on behalf of the common men.

Saying I will not enter politics is nonsense. He has enough freedom to atleast set up a radio station to report events backhome, outside of Ina Ileys propaganda.

To conclude we need the following:

A local political party to compete with whoever the EPRDF pick, an independent media, a council of elders independent of Ethiopian caga jugleyn. This shouldn't be too hard for those in the "peace" camp who believe things have changed. If they achieve the above, people will support them, and the ONLF will be forced to adapt.

As of the now, the ball is in the court of Ina Iley and those who support him, the wadaads who made the peace deal, etc.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.