Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhulbahante Clan Structure and Traditional Leaders

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
BenevolentGaraad

Re: Dhulbahante Clan Structure and Traditional Leaders

Postby BenevolentGaraad » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:55 pm

There should be 1 dhulbahante garad, preferably the Bahrarsame garaad. all the primary lineages should have a chief caaqil and all the dia paying groups should a have caaqil, that way there would be some form of hierarchy. The garaad, chief caaqils and caaqils would then each have specific roles. but that''s just a dream of mine i don''t think that would ever get done lol.
It's a bigger World so it doesn't hurt to spread out leadership responsibilities, so big decisions made at the top feel closer to you.

An important question I want to ask; What is the role of Garaads and Caaqils in today's modern World, in contrast to the role of Siyaaso?

After we figure that out, we can work on a hierarchy that eveyone agrees with.

Sharmarke91
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sharmarke91 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:07 pm

There should be 1 dhulbahante garad, preferably the Bahrarsame garaad. all the primary lineages should have a chief caaqil and all the dia paying groups should a have caaqil, that way there would be some form of hierarchy. The garaad, chief caaqils and caaqils would then each have specific roles. but that''s just a dream of mine i don''t think that would ever get done lol.
It's a bigger World so it doesn't hurt to spread out leadership responsibilities, so big decisions made at the top feel closer to you.

An important question I want to ask; What is the role of Garaads and Caaqils in today's modern World, in contrast to the role of Siyaaso?

After we figure that out, we can work on a hierarchy that eveyone agrees with.
yeah i agree with that but some sort of hierarchy would be appreciated, there is no point of having 15 different garads and 100s of caqiils that are out control and who vouch for the highest bidder.

Their role is primarily concerned with peace making between clans and resolving inner clan affairs. If there was a strong government in Somalia their peace making capacity would diminish, because all conflicts would be dealt with according to the law in pursuit of justice.

BenevolentGaraad

Postby BenevolentGaraad » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:37 pm

There should be 1 dhulbahante garad.

Their role is primarily concerned with peace making between clans and resolving inner clan affairs. If there was a strong government in Somalia their peace making capacity would diminish, because all conflicts would be dealt with according to the law in pursuit of justice.
Their role can evovle into the judiciary (or at least interim judges) until we can establish a law system, and the qualifications needed to practice law. And keep a few Garaad as ceremonial leaders. 2 or 3, based on the most authentic claims.

Before that, Dhulbahante needs to sort out its politics.

nuurcalanuur

Postby nuurcalanuur » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:56 am

Can someone elaborate more on Hussein (Hayaag), the sub-clans that fall under Hayaag and their offsprings

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:43 am

First of all nice chart and break down. Is Maxamud Garad more numerous than Farax Garaad as chart makes it out to be? For some reason almost every dhulbahante person in America I have ever met was Reer Hagar and they were all reer Buhodle. Some cali geris too. Met one Khalid person once. What subclan is considered the biggest or most laandheer? Is it Naaleye Axmed?

PrinceNugaalHawd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceNugaalHawd » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:03 am

Maxamud Garaad & Garaad Faarax are about the same size.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.