Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

To majerteen

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Bandit
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: To majerteen

Postby Bandit » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:20 pm

More Omar Mahamoud who r a sub clan of Majerteen have lost men fighting defending SSC against idoors than certain Dhulbahante sub clans, these are facts. I won't lie, the PL administration are just another Ethiopian proxy in Somalia, but don't insult Majerteen who are noble people. They've fought more for Dhulbahante causes more than these dhabodhilifs who haven't contributed a single fighter.
When have the ugaas trash ever fought sl :pac:

DhuloPride

Postby DhuloPride » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:22 pm

More Omar Mahamoud who r a sub clan of Majerteen have lost men fighting defending SSC against idoors than certain Dhulbahante sub clans, these are facts. I won't lie, the PL administration are just another Ethiopian proxy in Somalia, but don't insult Majerteen who are noble people. They've fought more for Dhulbahante causes more than these dhabodhilifs who haven't contributed a single fighter.
When have the ugaas trash ever fought sl :pac:
:lupe:

26June1960
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby 26June1960 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:29 pm

Are you missing brain cells my comment was meant about land size not population :?
The only reason why I assumed he was talking about land size was because he threw up the 40% figure if he actually meant population then is no where near 40% I doubt is more than 15% where if he was talking about land size it would be 25-30% which is why assumed this since is closer.
Now I don't know how many times we go over this somalia isn't banadir where xamar=banadir district
Xudun district doesn't equal xudun town
Your smart comment doesn't put into equation the surrounding villages to xudun it doesn't take in to account the nomads. now instead of he said she said a UN affiliated group did a guess estimate few years ago and a decade ago between the 2 I'll break down the most logical guess estimate which was the 2005 one in that estimate it put xudun district (not just the town) at 18,000 the town was slightly over 3,000. taleh district had 25,000 inhabitants taleh town had slightly more than 4,000. aynabo district had 30,000 with the town having slightly over 6,000.
Las anod district had 75,000 with 24k living in Las anod itself.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... OXbQqHIjrA
:ugeek:
The baseless estimation hold no water. You and I both know the reality on the ground. There aren't 18,000 people roaming around in Xudun district. Do you even know how large 18,000 people is? That's a lot.

Garoowe and it's surrounding area which has surpassed Laascaanood in population has about 5,000 people and that's being very generous. Gaalkacyo has between 7,000 to 13,000 people (men, women and children) again, that's being generous. There are more sheep and goats than people. :lol:
Did you do a head count? Have you met and counted every person in somalia if not then no point in talking even if we go by your logic xamar would have 20k inhabitants.
18k isn't that large the neighborhood I live in currently has 8-10k outside of few hundred I never met all of them even though is only 1-2 miles in the whole neighborhood
It's very hard to know Mogadishu's exact population. Even an estimation is hard. You see, Mogadishu's land mass is huge. However, a lot of areas in the city are virtually empty. So, I am going to estimate Mogadishu's population between 250,00 to 750,000. Hargeisa might actually have slightly larger population than Mogadishu today.

PanSomaliNationalist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PanSomaliNationalist » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Sool sanaag iyo cayn dooni mayno

Bandit
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Bandit » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:56 am

The baseless estimation hold no water. You and I both know the reality on the ground. There aren't 18,000 people roaming around in Xudun district. Do you even know how large 18,000 people is? That's a lot.

Garoowe and it's surrounding area which has surpassed Laascaanood in population has about 5,000 people and that's being very generous. Gaalkacyo has between 7,000 to 13,000 people (men, women and children) again, that's being generous. There are more sheep and goats than people. :lol:
Did you do a head count? Have you met and counted every person in somalia if not then no point in talking even if we go by your logic xamar would have 20k inhabitants.
18k isn't that large the neighborhood I live in currently has 8-10k outside of few hundred I never met all of them even though is only 1-2 miles in the whole neighborhood
It's very hard to know Mogadishu's exact population. Even an estimation is hard. You see, Mogadishu's land mass is huge. However, a lot of areas in the city are virtually empty. So, I am going to estimate Mogadishu's population between 250,00 to 750,000. Hargeisa might actually have slightly larger population than Mogadishu today.
So you think galkayo is 13k while xamar 19 to 30 times it size :Heh:
Also hargaise being anything large than 500k or for that matter being bigger than xamar :Heh:
A simple Google Earth image will show that's nowhere near the case :sitdown:

26June1960
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby 26June1960 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:19 pm

So you think galkayo is 13k while xamar 19 to 30 times it size :Heh:
Also hargaise being anything large than 500k or for that matter being bigger than xamar :Heh:
A simple Google Earth image will show that's nowhere near the case :sitdown:
Mogadishu is larger in terms of land mass than Hargeisa. But, there are a lot of areas in Mogadishu that are virtually empty. Now, compare that to Hargeisa. It is growing. But, as soon as Mogadishu's peace and stability returns, 35% of the Somalis in Hargeisa will automatically move to Mogadishu.

DhuloPride

Postby DhuloPride » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Mogadishu had a population of roughly 50,000 in 1940, so 77 years ago. Don't be foolish.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.