Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gabiley town of Kings

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Gabiley town of Kings

Postby Caesar » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Gabiley is 99% Sacad muse and 1% other.Not shared
Is it shared, it's always been shared. It's just snet trying to kuwaal everyone as usual. Now before anyone quotes a corrupt electron as a statistical census, the samaroon representatives were voted in by their settlements, but not chosen by Somaliland as electives of their region. They were replaced by others. This was a big scandal in 2012.Like DjbSomali has mentioned, they were more concerned about the Zayla thing then the Gabiley thing so they let it go for now. The next election will surprise all of you I promise.

For a visual reference, Dilla is half an hour away from Gabiley by driving/35.9 km away. :lol:

My cousins gave me an update, they are Reer Gabiley through and through. I'll just name the basic villages.
Let's start from the Dilla the 100% Samaroon (Reer Nur) town and work our way downwards towards Gabiley. These are farming towns.
Waxarlis
Dudweyne
Qabri Dhaweyd
Cayngala
Ilkaweyne etc.

These are the Reer Nuur lands broken down between Mohamed nuur and a few Farax nuur. Mostly Mohamed Nuur in this area.

Northern Gabiley = Gogaysa.Saarey,Ilma deedo,Xuunshaley, these are the Baho Samaroon towns. Bahabar Abdalla etc...

Kalabydh is shared as well :lol: by the way. Then we make it to Gabiley.
Gabiley is pretty multi cultural, but the two main clans are the Samaroon/Isaaq.

Mohamud Nur,Baho Samaroon,Mahad case = Samaroon,
and the Jibirl Abokor = Isaaq.

Visible minorities are : Akisho,Jaarso,Gurgura,Madigaan,

Funny thing is there's Mahadcase Samaroon in Gabiley but their main stronghold is northern Awdal. The most famous man from Gabiley is Professor Samatar, His mom is Jibril Abokar and his Dad Mahad Case . Tons of mixes like that exist in Gabiley. It's caadi. Gabiley is culturally a part of Galbeed. They are Galbeedi

Saar
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Gabiley town of Kings

Postby Saar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:00 am

True, it's shared. Im Jibrir Abubokor and my mother was Samaron. My father's mother was also Samaron and his father's mother... so indeed the people of that region are very much a mixture of these two tribes

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.