Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Air Djibouti is back!

Qaybta reer Jabuuti

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
RoobleAlWaliid
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Air Djibouti is back!

Postby RoobleAlWaliid » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:50 pm

"This is the link in the chain that was missing from Djibouti," said Abubaker Omar Hadi, chairman of Djibouti Ports and Free Zones Authority, who said he hoped the airline will help ferry cargo onwards from Djibouti's key sea port. "We need a national company to ensure our ambitions."
"Between Shanghai and Abuja (Nigeria), the transport of a container can take up to 75 days," Mr Hadi added. "With the sea-air transport Djibouti, this is reduced to 20 days. This is much cheaper than any air and much faster than any sea route."

Just last month they launched cargo flights to Mogadishu. Irir cargo :up: :D

BY WARKA · AUGUST 15, 2015

The first cargo plane owned by Air Djibouti, the flag carrier of the Red Sea state of Djibouti, landed at the Mogadishu’s Aden Abdulle International Airport on Friday.

Government ministers, legislators and the Djiboutian Ambassador to Somalia welcomed the maiden flight at the seafront terminal, after its 24 absence in the Somali airspace.

Government officials led by the Minister for Air and Land Transport, Ali Ahmed Jama Jingili and the Djiboutian Ambassador to Mogadishu, Dayib Dubad Roble lined up at the airport to celebrate the return.

“This cargo transport voyage is the start of regular flights by Air Djibouti, which will soon include passenger flights,” said Ambassador Roble.

Return

Mr Jingali said that the flights, both cargo and passengers, between Djibouti and Somalia will strengthen the ties between the two Horn of Africa countries.

“Our government envisages to start Somali Airlines as soon as possible,” remarked Minister Jinali without specifying date for Somali Airlines flights to Djibouti.

The national carrier ceased to operate in January 1991, following the collapse of the central government.

Turkish Airlines is the only major air transport with regular flights between Istanbul and the Somali capital. source africareview

zumaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Air Djibouti is back!

Postby zumaale » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:13 pm

Cuz, I know this section reeds some rejuvenating but this is overkill. :lol:

Allow it after this thread otherwise you will slowly transform into a Gadabursi version of TheTruth. :lol:

:up:

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby barbarossa » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:30 pm

I wonder if they have any daily flights between Djibouti and Puntland resort town of Xarfo?

RoobleAlWaliid
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby RoobleAlWaliid » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:31 pm

:lol: LoooL this was my last thread for the rejuvenation cuz

AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AGENT447 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:33 pm

Loooooool Zumaale

My nigga went in hard like there is no tomorrow :mrgreen:
Although, I have to say Djibouti does not get its fair share of being bragged about and could do with more of this . I find it strange and fascinating that we don't feel comfortable to brag about our kin folks achievements in that part of the world when everyday we are bombarded with anything and everything that's Moriyan and Dooro.

Kudoz RoobleAlWaliid :up: :D :clap:

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby barbarossa » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:39 pm

Why do they have a cadaan dude as a captain? Could not they find a single pilot among the estimated half million souls in Djibouti?

AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AGENT447 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Why do they have a cadaan dude as a captain? Could not they find a single pilot among the estimated half million souls in Djibouti?
Lol I am sure there are enough accredited Pilots in Djb but I think they didn't wanna jinx the maiden voyage of Air Djibouti :lol: . Somalidu, way yara inkaaranyihin wherever they are, so they didn't wanna take any chases with them. Cadaan ka on the other hand, we consider them the legitimate "Beesha Barakaysan" even if the guy happens to be Roman gypsy midgaan :D

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:51 pm

I have a real concern for Djiboutia. The country has a population of 800,000 and Somalis make up less than 55% of the population.

Ethiopia has over 90 million people living in it.

And since they just built a railroad connecting Addis Ababa with Djibouti city, who is to say the Ethiopians won't flood in.

I am afraid Dj's demographics would change a lot in the next 10 - 20yrs and non Somalis would become the majority.

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:55 pm

It also doesn't help Ismail Omar Geele has been in power since 1999. Alot of ethnic Somali Djiboutians are leaving the country because of him arresting everyone who he thinks is a threat to his power.

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:11 pm

any flights to hargeisa

AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AGENT447 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:22 pm

I have a real concern for Djiboutia. The country has a population of 800,000 and Somalis make up less than 55% of the population.

Ethiopia has over 90 million people living in it.

And since they just built a railroad connecting Addis Ababa with Djibouti city, who is to say the Ethiopians won't flood in.

I am afraid Dj's demographics would changte a lot in the next 10 - 20yrs and non Somalis would become the majority.
You are very much mistaken there bro. Somalis make up over 80-90% of the pop. Afar are about 10-15% the rest ajanib and poor xabashi=oromo unskilled workers and beggars.

Djbouti ragbaa aduunka ka eegta, therefore not even in the next two millenniums let alone next 20 years would the Xabashis , Eritreans or anyone else for that matter dare to make any change or dent on the status quo.
And it's extremely disingenuous and stupidly naive of u to say a lot of ethnic Somalis have left Djb coz of IOM. Millions of Somali ethnic groups including yours have been displaced, robbed of their properties, wealth, assets even as far as their dignity and lives by so called Somali head of states and warlords, so plz spare us the skinny finger pointing calaacal and stop your caato shade throwing tact.

Bless thy IOM. Longue vie Djb :dj:

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:45 pm

According to Wikipedia/CIA factbook/BBC country profile all put the Somali speaking population at 55-60% of the population.

And its probably even lower than that now, since these estimates are from 3yrs ago.

Don't let the few hundred US military personnel stationed there give you big ideas. Djibouti qofna kor kama eegto, because it really has nothing to offer to anyone other than being a blistering hot small country.

If Djiboutia was such a nice country, why did you flee? And can you goto downtown Djibouti city and criticize Ismail Omar Geele without being arrested? Waa may.

Djibouti is only important to the land locked Ethiopians who need a port and would probably soon overrun you.

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:05 am

Games

i think you misunderstood Agent. when he said ragbaa eegta Djibouti he actually means raga u dhashay ama u nasab sheegta. you wanlaweynayzed it "kenyo aa I wadato" "maraykanka aa ila jira nooh" camal. Somalis are very xenophobic It's very unlikely that Xabashis can take over Djibouti. The way Somalis treat average Ethiopian citizens is no way near the way we ass lick their leaders. Ethiopians are highly discriminated in the Somali peninsula even in jigjiga.

@Rooble

I like the red colour its beautiful.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.