Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Speeding ticket?

Soomaalida ku nool Canada iyo USA

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Ladyyonelove
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Speeding ticket?

Postby Ladyyonelove » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:20 am

So for the first time in 4 years I got a speeding ticket idk what to do should I go to court to fight it or should I just pay the fine? Btwi was going supposedly the officer claims 61 on 45? Lol

Ladyyonelove
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Speeding ticket?

Postby Ladyyonelove » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:53 am

Wow I swear this place is of no help ughh

Bulletz
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Bulletz » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:42 pm

U should have chatted up da officer dats what all girls though anyway n get away wid it

Rabshoole
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rabshoole » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:11 am

So for the first time in 4 years I got a speeding ticket idk what to do should I go to court to fight it or should I just pay the fine? Btwi was going supposedly the officer claims 61 on 45? Lol
Speeding is a serious issue you might want to fight it in court and see how it goes because if its your first speeding ticket chances are they might let you slid. depending on the judge and the mood their in. I had a speeding ticket and a traffic violation at the same time, although the only thing I got away with the situation was that it was intense foggy day but the police office didn't put that on the ticket. so when I went to court all I had to do was bring in a weather report of that day with me, on top of that he wore glasses when he wrote the ticket however when he pulled me over I didnt see him wearing one. shit was all cleared up all I paid for was the court fees and I was good to go.

Ladyyonelove
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ladyyonelove » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Speeding is a serious issue you might want to fight it in court and see how it goes because if its your first speeding ticket chances are they might let you slid. depending on the judge and the mood their in. I had a speeding ticket and a traffic violation at the same time, although the only thing I got away with the situation was that it was intense foggy day but the police office didn't put that on the ticket. so when I went to court all I had to do was bring in a weather report of that day with me, on top of that he wore glasses when he wrote the ticket however when he pulled me over I didnt see him wearing one. shit was all cleared up all I paid for was the court fees and I was good to go.

I wish i would have known such a thing way back when - i just went and delt with it i pleaded not guilty first then i hesistated i didn't want to come back again so i just pleaded guilty for the petty misdemeanor the judge was somewhat nice he let me slide on the money a tad bit made me pay 100 instead of 300 and this went on my recored will be there for another 5 years inshallah hopefully i wont do it again

Rabshoole
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rabshoole » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:46 pm

:up: :up: 100 for court fee's not bad at all, usually they try to break your back for it sometimes.

Ladyyonelove
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ladyyonelove » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:41 pm

O'yeah they try to baalayoyiinka ! loool only wish i coulda pleaded not guilty maybe just maybe the officer wouldn't have shown up loool

Rabshoole
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rabshoole » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:45 am

Yh true. Officers in my city hardly never miss a court date. You got off easy, I'd be careful from here on out cuz two more speeding tickets and its curtains for your lincense.

Ladyyonelove
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ladyyonelove » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:27 am

Yeah I heard isn't it like license suspension?

Rabshoole
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rabshoole » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:18 pm

yh, I don't know how many yrs they suspend your lincense, each state has their own different regalutions of yrs in terms of lincense suspensions. here in Columbus I think its a little under yr or 2.

nubianprince26

Postby nubianprince26 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:59 pm

This is a no brainer guys. It's easy answer! Before I answer one of the most consistent money making machine in this country, please know your rights...

Well guys, this is my first time here and first time commenting. Love the different answers regarding the moving violation though. Tell you what, if I was a gorgeous girl and statiscally a bimbo, I'd defintely take option A and entice the cop. But since I am a very hansome Somali guy, most fat donut eating cops (I respect what they do btw! please don't understand it wrong) will slap the ticket the minute they see me. Hating bastards.

Well thanks for my intense understanding of the vehicle codes. It's amazing how much you can find and use them as your rights whenever unforseen events occur. In this day and age, it's as easy as typing "Ticket Assasin". Not necessarily that unless you live in the state of california like I do (not in San Diego thanks for asking!) But each state have their own vehicle codes and some generally copying other state's vehicle laws. In the state of California we have adopted extended vehicle codes that provide protections to our motorists. One of those is the CVC (California Vehicle Code) #40902. CVC 40902 explains that a person upon receiving a ticket could contest thier hearings over the mail through what's called a 'Trail by Declration'. This gives you the advantage of opting out from court hearings and not bother with court interrogations. Generally, when someone receives a ticket he/she will be notified on the ticket to appear to a traffic court on a specified date on the top of the slip. This date just happens to be the date that cop is off. The cop will be paid to come in as overtime to testify that you were and the rest of the defendants who were ticketed by the same officer was in fact driving beyond the speed limit. It's amazing how he arranges himself ahead of time by giving tickets with the same date on them. Imaging how many slips that asshole gives out. Quota I guess!

It's one thing to write a ticket to someone but it's another thing to entirely come to a court hearing and indentify them one by one. Talking about adding insult to injury! Considerating the paid officers" time is valuable, the court will rule in his favor and save him the troubles by "fixing tickets". Btw, those fines will be credited to him at a percentage. In the end, everyone wins except you...

So what you'll need to do is look up your state vehicle codes and see if you can find a clause that defines waiving court hearings. This way you won't appear infront of the judge along with the cop on his side saying "yeah that's her, she fucked up". Excuse my french, but I swear that's how some of them communicate. At any rate, I hope this information will come in handy for anyone reading this. Please, Please, please know your rights.

nubianprince26

Postby nubianprince26 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:00 pm

This is a no brainer guys. It's easy answer! Before I answer one of the most consistent money making machine in this country, please know your rights...

Well guys, this is my first time here and first time commenting. Love the different answers regarding the moving violation though. Tell you what, if I was a gorgeous girl and statiscally a bimbo, I'd defintely take option A and entice the cop. But since I am a very hansome Somali guy, most fat donut eating cops (I respect what they do btw! please don't understand it wrong) will slap the ticket the minute they see me. Hating bastards.

Well thanks for my intense understanding of the vehicle codes. It's amazing how much you can find and use them as your rights whenever unforseen events occur. In this day and age, it's as easy as typing "Ticket Assasin". Not necessarily that unless you live in the state of california like I do (not in San Diego thanks for asking!) But each state have their own vehicle codes and some generally copying other state's vehicle laws. In the state of California we have adopted extended vehicle codes that provide protections to our motorists. One of those is the CVC (California Vehicle Code) #40902. CVC 40902 explains that a person upon receiving a ticket could contest thier hearings over the mail through what's called a 'Trail by Declration'. This gives you the advantage of opting out from court hearings and not bother with court interrogations. Generally, when someone receives a ticket he/she will be notified on the ticket to appear to a traffic court on a specified date on the top of the slip. This date just happens to be the date that cop is off. The cop will be paid to come in as overtime to testify that you were and the rest of the defendants who were ticketed by the same officer was in fact driving beyond the speed limit. It's amazing how he arranges himself ahead of time by giving tickets with the same date on them. Imaging how many slips that asshole gives out. Quota I guess!

It's one thing to write a ticket to someone but it's another thing to entirely come to a court hearing and indentify them one by one. Talking about adding insult to injury! Considerating the paid officers" time is valuable, the court will rule in his favor and save him the troubles by "fixing tickets". Btw, those fines will be credited to him at a percentage. In the end, everyone wins except you...

So what you'll need to do is look up your state vehicle codes and see if you can find a clause that defines waiving court hearings. This way you won't appear infront of the judge along with the cop on his side saying "yeah that's her, she fucked up". Excuse my french, but I swear that's how some of them communicate. At any rate, I hope this information will come in handy for anyone reading this. Please, Please, please know your rights.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.