Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalis need to get it together!

Soomaalida waddankan ku dhaqan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
PrimeSuspect

Somalis need to get it together!

Postby PrimeSuspect » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:13 pm

I have never observed a culture be more self-defeating than the Somalian one.

1. Educate your goddamn kids.
2. Stop hiding behind the veil of religion, you idiots. It should not be used to divide people. God said, "Respect Me" but he also said, make use of the resources I gave you and work hard. That does not mean the proper place for a woman is at home, it means she should be getting an education and contributing properly to society.
3. Respect your parents (indeed, the Quran says Heaven is at the foot of your mother), but don't let them dictate your life. At the end of the day, you have ONE life. Parents live in a different time, an old era. BE PROGRESSIVE.
4. Really, education is the key.
5. Who the hell cares who is a slut or not? Somalis are not doing anything with their lives and if someone is a slut, I'm like, "Damn, at least she is doing something with her life." (lol, this one is a joke, kinda)

More to come later

nubianprince

Re: Somalis need to get it together!

Postby nubianprince » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:30 pm

relaax...you seem a little overwhelmed with the misconception of Somalis not doing so well. What part of non-somali environment do you live in? let me advise you that our culture is slowly but surely progressing and I have to be the first to say that we have made some profound mistakes. But hear me out on this one, as a true Somalian, not only am I proud of my culture but offended by your comments. Next time, a little research or facts might go a long way before jumping to conclusions. I can go on and on about the progress Somalians have made but painful to say also, somalians have also participated in non-progressive activities. But lets focus on the positives and not the cons k.....? Nubian for life

nubianprince

Re: Somalis need to get it together!

Postby nubianprince » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:31 pm

relaax...you seem a little overwhelmed with the misconception of Somalis not doing so well. What part of non-somali environment do you live in? let me advise you that our culture is slowly but surely progressing and I have to be the first to say that we have made some profound mistakes. But hear me out on this one, as a true Somalian, not only am I proud of my culture but offended by your comments. Next time, a little research or facts might go a long way before jumping to conclusions. I can go on and on about the progress Somalians have made but painful to say also, somalians have also participated in non-progressive activities. But lets focus on the positives and not the cons k.....? Nubian for life

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.