Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

your Treatment??? Why???

Soomaalida Yurub Ku dhaqan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: your Treatment??? Why???

Postby eninn » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:07 am

it's enough for Muslims to abstain from alcohol. Laws could not prevent people from drinking alcohol in America (the Prohibition Act failed) but one commandment from God was enough for the companions of the Prophet to spit out the alcohol they had in their mouths when the verse was revealed. And to this day, you will find that many Muslims have never tasted a drop of alcohol.

We're not telling you to not drink alcohol due to the Qur'aan which we believe to be the complete truth. We are saying, however, that we absolutely believe the evil of alcohol outweighs its good. To that end, I am thankful that it is so strongly prohibited in Islaam.

As for the health benefits, we can get loads of antioxidants without resorting to alcohol. We can drink non-intoxicating things that will help our hearts and there's not much of a chance that drinking more than a few glasses will give us hangovers, dehydrate us, harm our livers, make us do stupid things/make stupid decisions, etc.

eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby eninn » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:42 am

it, then by all means they should abstain from it.
1.) We abstain from it because Allaah commanded us to. He explained one of the benefits of abstaining from it (the bad > the good) and since I know He is the All-Knowing & knows better than all of the world's greatest scientists put together, I have faith that the bad is greater than the good. If it is scientifically proven one day, I won't be surprised.

2.) Islaam also teaches us to try not to eat/drink to full capacity. And it also teaches us to not kill ourselves (which would include stuffing ourselves with anything to the point of death).

Al-Miqdam ibn Mad reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him, say, There is no vessel which the son of Adam can fill more evil than his stomach, for it is sufficient for him to take a few mouthfuls in order to straighten his back, but if he must, then fill one-third with food, one-third with drink, and one-third with breath. [Ibn Maajah; classed as Saheeh]

O you who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves unjustly except it be a trade amongst you, by mutual consent. And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allāh is Most Merciful to you. (An-Nisa 4:29)

3.) Alcoholism is a big deal in societies where drinking alcohol (especially publicly) is common. I'm glad that it's not an endemic in most Muslim communities.

in Russia the male life expectancy is 16 years less than females and that discrepancy is linked to alcohol use among males.

Men rarely make it to 60 in Russia.

eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby eninn » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:30 am

From my time exploring Islam, I do remember that the Islamic teachings on alcohol changed a few times from don't be drunk at prayers all the way up to total abstinence.

dear brother

Correct. Alcohol was never encouraged in Islaam, but there wasn't an outright prohibition during the earlier days. The prohibition was gradual - Allaah eased the people into it. The Arabs loved their wine/alcohol. It shows His absolute wisdom. The early days of the revelation were focused on informing the people of the Oneness of God in His Lordship, in worship, as well as in His Names and Attributes. It is only later, once the people's faith was firm, when many of the laws came down.

Aa'ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said,

"...If the first thing to be revealed was: 'Do not drink alcoholic drinks.' people would have said, 'We will never leave alcoholic drinks,' and if there had been revealed, 'Do not commit illegal sexual intercourse, 'they would have said, 'We will never give up illegal sexual intercourse.'...." [Saheeh al-Bukhaari]

eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby eninn » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:20 am

Researchers in Australia have also estimated that 47% of all those who commit violent crimes, and 43% of all victims of these crimes, were drunk prior to the event. Alcohol is responsible for 44% of fire injuries, 34% of falls and drownings, 30% of car accidents, 16% of child abuse instances, and 7% of industrial accidents. Even though it is clear that alcohol is responsible for a great many evils it is legal and even encouraged in most societies. In Muslim countries where alcohol is forbidden many people still find it difficult to resist temptation and fall prey to the disease that is alcoholism. Amazingly even in the light of such startling evidence against alcohol, people around the globe continue to consume alcohol in ever-increasing amounts

the Old Testaments forbid the use of alcoholic wine Proverbs 23:31

Hosea said, “Wine enslaves the heart.” Hosea 4:11

eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby eninn » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:36 am

In Australia, a country with a population of around 20 million, about 3000 people die each year from alcohol abuse while 65,000 others are hospitalised. Studies have consistently revealed a link between heavy drinking and brain damage and around 2500 Australians are treated annually for alcohol related brain damage. Research in the United Kingdom indicates that 6% of cancer deaths are related to alcohol abuse and Harvard Centre for Cancer Prevention says that drinking greatly increases the risk for numerous cancers. Alcohol is considered highly carcinogenic, increasing the risk of mouth, pharynx, larynx, oesophagus, liver, and breast cancers. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can lead to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, causing the child to be small at birth, have some facial malformations, small eye openings, webbed or even missing fingers or toes, organ deformities, learning disabilities, mental retardation and much more.

eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby eninn » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:12 am

Someone told me

Everytime ive gotten arrested eye was intoxicated..Well i went to jail two times sober, that was when i got picked up randomly for having warrants.

I've tried to stop drinking, its hard. I can but then what am i going to do..

So I gave him the advice to try to stay away from alcohol gradually, but quickly

eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby eninn » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:58 am

Someone told me

alcohol, my grandfather died from cancer caused by drinking, and my youngest brother was killed by a hit and run driver (the majority of hit and run drivers are intoxicated). My best friend from high school spent $150,000 on credit cards on Heroin. I can't think of any people who don't know someone very negatively affected by alcohol and / or drug use.

Alcohol and drug use is extremely strongly corrolated with crime, murder, violence, rape, child abuse as well as socially destructive behaviors like sexual promiscuity.

They are a plague.

eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby eninn » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:59 am

Why increasing numbers of young people drinking alcohol

1 - as a result of peer pressure and tradition (the influence of friends).
2 - some people have false beliefs that drinking alcohol makes them feel happy and helps them to spend a good time and eliminates shame.
3 - as a result of being bored and looking for excitement in life.
4 - Some people believe that alcohol abuse will help to overcome the problems
5 - role models bad young man's family who are abusing alcohol and encourage it.

eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby eninn » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:50 am

Someone told me
Alcoholism plagued my family as well. My father was an alcoholic and all my siblings had alcohol or drug abuse problems at some point in their life.

The miracle of the apostles and prophets ring Prophet

Muhammad, peace be upon him is the Holy Quran

- The night Prophet Mohammad (s.a.a.w.s.) was conceived by his parents, all the idols of Mecca were thrown down on the ground. Angels cast the throne of Iblis (Satan) into the sea and Satan was tormented for forty days.

- The night our Prophet (s.a.a.w.s.) was born:

(a) The Palace of Qisra (King of Persia) trembled and its fourteen towers fell down.

(b) The flames of the fire-worshippers, the Majus (Zoroastrians) went out, though that fire had been burning for more than a thousand years, never extinguished.

- Prophet Muhammad's birth corresponds with the Year of the Elephant, which is named after the failed destruction of Mecca that year by the Aksumite King Abraha who had in his army many elephants.

- When Prophet Muhammad (s.a.a.w.s.) was either nine or twelve years old while accompanying a Meccans caravan to Syria, he met a Christian monk or hermit named Bahira who foretold Muhammad (s.a.a.w.s.) that he was going to be a prophet of allah.Prophet Mohammad's Miracles

eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby eninn » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:15 am

/////////////

Why does Islam forbid alcohol ?

I've Islam forbids alcohol consumption in the words of the Almighty right : { O you who have believed, indeed, intoxicants, gambling, [sacrificing on] stone alters [to other than Allah ], and divining arrows are but defilement from the work of Satan, so avoid it that you may be successful.} Al-Mā'idah 90 . Modern science has come to confirm and prove what the Koran Quon long ago .

It has been proven scientifically many disadvantages caused by the abuse of alcohol , even in small quantities .

The path of alcohol in the body when taken

1) Mouth : alcohol enters the body through the mouth .

2) Stomach : some alcohol enters the blood .

3) the small intestine : up to the small intestine , O Take the way to the circulatory system.

4) Heart : The heart pumps the wine to the body .

5 ) brain : As the wine up to the brain .

The effects caused by alcohol on the nervous system are:

The influence of alcohol with a small amount :

1 ) causes relaxation.

2) impair the ability to concentrate .

3) slow neurological repercussions .

4) impair motor coordination .

Medium quantity :

1) Talk inconspicuously .

2) also cause dizziness .

3) and leads to a feeling of emotional change .

A large amount :

1) causes vomiting

2) the difficulty in breathing .

3) loss of consciousness .

4 ) leads to coma.

Alcohol affects the cerebellum , cerebral cortex , the brain stem and spinal cord .

National Academy of Sciences.Dietary reference intakes for thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, biotin, and choline. 1999.

Morgan, M.Y. Alcohol and nutrition. British Medical Bulletins 38:21–29, 1982.

Martin, P.R.; Singleton, C.K.; and Hiller–Sturmhöfel, S.H. The role of thiamine in alcoholic brain disease. Alcohol Research & Health 27(2):134–142, 2003.

eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby eninn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:01 am

the most common cause of alcohol-related problems, leading to injuries and premature deaths. As a result, intoxication accounts for two-thirds of the years of life lost from drinking. Alcohol is responsible for:

30% of road accidents
44% of fire injuries
34% of falls and drownings
16% of child abuse cases
12% of suicides
10% of industrial accidents

As well as deaths, short-term effects of alcohol result in illness and loss of work productivity (e.g. hangovers, drink driving offences). In addition, alcohol contributes to criminal behaviour - in Australia over 70% of prisoners convicted of violent assaults have drunk alcohol before committing the offence and more than 40% of domestic violence incidents involve alcohol.

eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby eninn » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:20 pm

eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby eninn » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:12 am

Someone told me

I see. I am very sorry to hear about your bad experiences with alcohol. I can understand why you would avoid it.

People under the influence of alcohol and other drugs cause close to half of the violent crime, murders, rapes and auto fatalities.

So it's not just a problem for the alcoholics. Unfortunately, they make it everyone's problem.

The question is: is a product that can be used responsibly by many people, but cannot by a large minority, and causes the aggregate amount of suffering and misery that alcohol does, worth the social cost? Baha'u'llah weighed the evidence and said: no, his followers are not to drink alcohol. It seems to me he gave an extremely large net benefit to his community in doing so. I'm not sure how you can argue otherwise given the catastrophic results served up the those people who cannot handle alcohol. It's not like there aren't any other pleasures in life other than getting buzzed...

I lost my brother in 2012 to a hit-and-run driver who was never caught. Two thirds of hit-and-runs are drunk drivers...

eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby eninn » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:33 am

Spread bacterial pneumonias when addicted to alcohol as a result of the following reasons:

1 affected by the process of cleansing the lungs of UFOs .

2 weak immune addict in disease resistance .

3 influenced the mouth with alcohol and especially the gums and teeth , leading to a proliferation of bacteria that find fertile ground on her rotting teeth and Almtsush , thereby creating the opportunity to reach those germs into the lungs and inflammation repeated injuries .

4 malnutrition associated with addiction to alcohol .

According to medical sources, the incidence of deaths due to bacterial pneumonias when addicts exceeds three times the rate at other non- addicts.

eninn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby eninn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:48 am

wrote: As a child of an alcoholic, I can attest to the unnecessary damage alcohol does on society. In a former position, I was involved in deciding what was taught in schools. I was approached by community leaders about including an anti tobacco curriculum. I asked them why not have an anti alcohol curriculum? They said tobacco caused more problems in society. They are crazy.

Sure tobacco causes cancer...so does second hand smoke. But if I had to make a choice of my wife and kids meeting a driver who had just smoked a half pack of Marlboros or one who had just soaked 3 Buds, I'd rather it be the smoker. When i was a kid, if I could have chosen between my dad's drinking or smoking, I'd have taken the smoking any day.

I will agree that society would be much better off without alcohol or drugs.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.