Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PhD Research

Soomaalida waddankan ku dhaqan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
MarcoZ

PhD Research

Postby MarcoZ » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:14 am

Hi everyone,

I am an Italian PhD Fellow at the University of Roskilde, Denmark. I have just started a research focused on the Somalis living in Scandinavia (mainly Denmark, Sweden and Norway). In particular, I am looking at the question of welfare provision. Through preliminary readings and conversations, I have identified in the relation between Somalis and the Scandinavian state's welfare systems a problematic issue, which together with bureaucracy is forcing many to leave to other destinations, such as the UK. It seems that these social measures are very invasive in respect to the Somali social organization. I am very interested in this point, since I am postulating the need to go beyond analysis centered on the nation-state, while I suggest the equal, legitimate inclusion of other forms of political organization into world history. And I found in the Somali instance a significant case to challenge the traditional authority that social sciences granted to the state. I would really like to meet some people to discuss some of these matters. The main scope of the research is to understand if ideas of welfare provision among the Somalis in Scandinavia are influenced by the state's welfare system, and which are then the implications in their relation with the homeland Somalia.

I was wondering if anyone living in one of these countries could be interested in contributing through informal conversations (anonymity is always ensured) both here and in focus groups or personal meetings. That would be of much help for my research.
If interested in knowing more about this, please contact me here or at marzo@ruc.dk
I'll be happy to meet you and talk more about the research idea. I am available for any further detail.
Thank you for the attention.

Best Regards,

Marco Zoppi

MarcoZ

Re: PhD Research

Postby MarcoZ » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:54 am

...And if you wish, you can participate to a short survey (it takes less than 10 minutes) concerning Somalis in Scandinavia and welfare.
here is the link to the survey.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1D1Fcgx ... =send_form

Thank you again.

Best

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.