Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hi Dutchlanders..

Soomaalida waddankan ku dhaqan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
anonymousfaarax
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Hi Dutchlanders..

Postby anonymousfaarax » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:59 pm

What do you mean by "lack of community spirit"?
You having grown up in the U.K explains why you don't know what I mean :lol:

On top of the lack of the community 'spirit', there is clear ethnic segregation.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:02 pm

What did I hate about it ? I missed the greenery of the beautiful country that is NL.

I disliked The shitty infrastructure of the U.K in terms of roads, pavements, houses vucking hell some you lot still live in victorian housing :| The same wheather year round: rain and more rain. Lack of snow in the winter. Too many ethnics and ethnicities, lack of integration, I didnt know whether I had arrived in India or Africa - this was also one of the things I liked about it. The white trash and millions of asians. ethnic ghettos. Lack of community spirit. London. General widespread poverty. pervasive dependency/benefits culture. depressed/disabled/fat/ugly/white trash/ chavs/ goths/ junkies/ alkies are all disproportionately high. + much more.
I've heard tons and tons of Dutch Somalis say this.. The way they described and talked about the old country *the Netherlands* made it sound like a out of this world paradise, but when I finally saw it first hand, walahi I was beyond shocked, it was laughable.. I blame them for getting my hopes up ruunti. The only thing praiseworthy was the transport system, even though their trams are wack.. :|

Even Amsterdam was a let down, I honestly believe its the most overratted place on this earth.

anonymousfaarax
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby anonymousfaarax » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:03 pm

NL weather can't be that different UK.
We actually have four distinct seasons :lol:
We do too. :|

Don't shoot down London just because you holidayed in Brick Lane sxb. :lol:
You should spend a year in NL. you'll see our seasons are much more distinct. Your summer is like a warm autumn and your winter is a cold autumn :| In NL on the other hand the summers your;re looking at almost always between 25- 30, winters you're looking at Proper SNOW.

What's this brick lane :?

anonymousfaarax
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby anonymousfaarax » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:07 pm

What did I hate about it ? I missed the greenery of the beautiful country that is NL.

I disliked The shitty infrastructure of the U.K in terms of roads, pavements, houses vucking hell some you lot still live in victorian housing :| The same wheather year round: rain and more rain. Lack of snow in the winter. Too many ethnics and ethnicities, lack of integration, I didnt know whether I had arrived in India or Africa - this was also one of the things I liked about it. The white trash and millions of asians. ethnic ghettos. Lack of community spirit. London. General widespread poverty. pervasive dependency/benefits culture. depressed/disabled/fat/ugly/white trash/ chavs/ goths/ junkies/ alkies are all disproportionately high. + much more.
I've heard tons and tons of Dutch Somalis say this.. The way they described and talked about the old country *the Netherlands* made it sound like a out of this world paradise, but when I finally saw it first hand, walahi I was beyond shocked, it was laughable.. I blame them for getting my hopes up ruunti. The only thing praiseworthy was the transport system, even though their trams are wack.. :|

Even Amsterdam was a let down, I honestly believe its the most overratted place on this earth.

:lol: :lol: Now your just responding for the sake of responding :| The U.K will never be on the same level as the beautiful and affluent Nederland. What did you find laughable ( :lol: ) about it ? I must say the public bus system in the U.K is very good too :up:

accident
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby accident » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:09 pm

What do you mean by "lack of community spirit"?
You having grown up in the U.K explains why you don't know what I mean :lol:

On top of the lack of the community 'spirit', there is clear ethnic segregation.
The ethnic segregation is not as bad as USA, that being said, I rather it be this way. Assimilating means, losing your dhaqan. Since most Somalis are not middle class, if we integrated we would end up like Jamaicans and Chavs. That is counter-productive sxb. :lol:

With all it's greatness and integration of NL Somalis, your government is more racist and right-wing than ours. The force you to become Mr Johnson so that they can give you a Ducth nationality. VVD aren't even that bad, watch worse people take office in the near future. :lol:

When you say community spirit, what do you mean? Knocking my neighbor's door and offering them cookies? :lol:

NL can never measure up to London sxb.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:13 pm

Walahi I'm being serious..
I found everything laughable.. Like I said its mainly because the Dutch folks in the UK overhyped the place.. It looked like a cheap version of the UK to be honest.. :|
Rotterdam was aiight though, weird, but better than the capital, even though the retail centre/sector was :down:
What cracked me up was.. there was a store in Rotterdam called 'British style', something along them lines and all I saw was a bunch of cadaan/madow youths in it dressed like typical chavs.. :lol: Comeon now.. :|

anonymousfaarax
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby anonymousfaarax » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:16 pm

With all it's greatness and integration of NL Somalis, your government is more racist and right-wing than ours. The force you to become Mr Johnson so that they can give you a Ducth nationality. VVD aren't even that bad, watch worse people take office in the near future. :lol:

When you say community spirit, what do you mean? Knocking my neighbor's door and offering them cookies? :lol:

NL can never measure up to London sxb.
The multi-culturalism of the U<K is one of the things that intrigue me about the place. Its probly the safest place for ethnics in future years to come no doubt.

As for knocking on your neighbours cookies, that you find that a joke again shows you grew up in U.K. I can't be bothered to elaborate but google it to know what I mean.

accident
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby accident » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Why do reer NL get dismissive when they start losing? :lol:

anonymousfaarax
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby anonymousfaarax » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Walahi I'm being serious..
I found everything laughable.. Like I said its mainly because the Dutch folks in the UK overhyped the place.. It looked like a cheap version of the UK to be honest.. :|
Rotterdam was aiight though, weird, but better than the capital, even though the retail centre/sector was :down:
What cracked me up was.. there was a store in Rotterdam called 'British style', something along them lines and all I saw was a bunch of cadaan/madow youths in it dressed like typical chavs.. :lol: Comeon now.. :|
Cheap version of U.K :shock: Inalillaah allah beenta where did you go cuz it doesnt sound like NL. Some small shop you saw somewhere in the great city of Rotterdam means little. NL >>>>>>> United nany state benefit Kingdom. Chavs, binging goths are quintessentially British.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Eindhoven.
Plus the store Im chatting about sure wasn't small, it was rather popular.. :|

Anyway, nite nite!

CaynabaX
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: 82' In between Hayeeyaasha, Baalidhaye and Coodanle

Postby CaynabaX » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:47 pm

:lol: :lol: @ anonymous.

Je bent niet de enigste, ik was naar engeland verhuid toen ik 13 was. Ik ben nu 25, ik ben de regels voor de 't' 'dt' 'd' vergeeten. For example, is het 'verhuid', 'verhuist' enzofoort.

Caynaba, ben jij een kerel of een meisje?

Toen ik voor het laatst naar de WC ging had ik in ieder geval geen kutje. :lol: :lol: :up:

Je beheerst het Nederlands nog best goed na 12 jaar, er zijn bekende van mij die in 2006 weg zijn gegaan (toen zijn ze zowat allemaal weggegaan) en de taal al na 5 jaar niet meer beheersen..

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:52 pm

^ Are you from Caynabo?

CaynabaX
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: 82' In between Hayeeyaasha, Baalidhaye and Coodanle

Postby CaynabaX » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:56 pm

^ Are you from Caynabo?
Tolku settles there aswell. 8-)

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:03 pm

Good to finally cross paths with another fellow Caynabee on here.. :up:

whitehartlane
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby whitehartlane » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:32 pm

ben pas geleden terug gekomen van roffa~dam en heb ondekt dat je tegenwoordig vanuit rotterdam naar.denhaag kan gaan reizen met de metro.... hoe gek is dat........

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.

Return to “Europe - Netherlands”