Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Manners and Modesty!

Soomaalida waddankan ku dhaqan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods, uk mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
*Proud_Muslimah*
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Manners and Modesty!

Postby *Proud_Muslimah* » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:14 pm

Assalamu Alaikum,

There is an aim after striving for Allah's (swt) sake. I want to focus on the first implementation of modesty. It is not for the men, but for the women. The most important thing in a woman's life is the Hijab. I'll start with the women for a reason.

If all the brothers and sisters in Islam had modesty, I swear that society will be guided on the right path. I am not here to criticise or judge the sisters. May Allah reward you for taking time to listen to these words. Hence I want to begin the first colour of the colours of modesty; and that is the modesty of the woman.

Why am I going to start with the modesty of the woman? Am I attempting to criticise or judge her? Maybe I don't want to upset the men? No, I would never do that! However, I must stress that if the woman was guided on the right path and protected her modesty, then society would also be on the right path.

When the enemy of Islam wants to destroy something, the first thing they look to destroy is the woman. This is since when the woman loses her modesty, it is easy for the youth to become misguided. In turn, it is easy for the whole soceity to lose their modesty. Hence, the first thing I will talk about is the modesty of the woman. If we say that modesty for the man is obligatory, then modesty for the woman are obligations; for her it is a crucial duty. This is since the nature of the woman is easy for modesty- she is closest to modesty.

*Proud_Muslimah*
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby *Proud_Muslimah* » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:15 pm

Surely the greatest thing that belongs to the woman is her Hijab. Please listen to these words and kindly tell your sisters and tell your relatives. If you wear the hijab, please spread this message to your sisters in faith, and if you do not wear the hijab, please try to benefit from what will be said today.

Indeed, the most honoured thing a woman possesses is her modesty. Moreover, the most precious symbolism of modesty is the Hijab. What is the most precious thing you have? If you have something precious, a pearl, a jewel, or a briefcase of money, will you protect it? Will you hide it? You will put it in a safe surely! The more valuable it becomes, the more you want to protect it. So will you hide it from people or show it off? Will you leave it in front of everyone to watch and take from it whatever they want?

Of course you are going to protect it! So what is the most important, precious thing that deserves to be protected? The woman's modesty. And the most important thing in the woman's life is her Hijab.

Did you know that the pearl is protected by its shell? And the shell is not attractive, yet you cannot substitute it with anything else to protect the pearl. Therefore, you cannot do without the Hijab as it protects you.

So why is the Hijab an obligation for women and not an obligation for men? Is it just to pressurise the woman? No. It is because 100 men will never be able to seduce or make one woman fall for them. No matter what they did, if the woman is not interested, those 100 men cannot do anything to attract her. However, one woman can succeed to attract 100 men in a few minutes. Therefore it is obligatory for the woman, since she is the source of attraction. So the Hijab in her right is a must for her.

Before Islam was sent to the world, the Arabs and Romans believed that the most valuable beauty was found in the body. So the Romans, Arabs and other nations recognised the beauty of the body. So Islam came to change that perception of the body. Islam came to raise the human's spiritual level. Islam came to say: purify your tastes and manners. As humankind progresses, their manners and tastes have to progress too. It was never a written law that the woman has to show her body. Islam stresses that a woman is not judged by her body but her intellect and manners. These are the most important things in our values. So the man will not judge the woman by her beauty. Islam taught the man and transferred his thoughts to judge the woman by her manners and her intellect.

*Proud_Muslimah*
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby *Proud_Muslimah* » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:16 pm

Nobody should see or enjoy her physical body except for her husband. I wonder will any intellectual person accept these words? Who are those who respect and value the woman and who are those who don't? Some people argue that the Hijab is not obligatory and that it was not mentioned in the Qur'an. Let's refer to the Qur'an's verses that make the Hijab obligatory to Muslim women.

"O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (33:59).

Pay attention that when Allah talks about the Hijab as an obligation He (swt) also includes the women of the believers, meaning all of the Muslim women. So no one can argue that this verse was only referring to the family of the Prophet. The meaning of this verse is that all of the female believers must wear the Hijab so that they will be recognised as pious women, therefore respected and valued by their modesty. No one will harm her because she is respecting herself by what she is wearing.

*Proud_Muslimah*
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby *Proud_Muslimah* » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:17 pm

The Hijab is obligatory! It is not a Sunnah (practise of the Prophet). Allah also says:

"And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms display their beauty......And O ye Believers! Turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss." (Quأ¢â‚¬â„¢ran 24:31)

According to most scholars, women must cover everything except for her hands and face.

Allah (swt) went into very fine details to describe the way they have to cover the ears, the neck and the chest. Have you ever seen something described so clearly for us in the way that we should be dressed? When Allah says: to wear the khimar [basically to cover the whole body with loose clothing] it doesn't mean the woman has to wear a very long scarf, it means you have to cover the most important things with the scarf; the hair, the neck and the chest. Therefore, tucking in the small scarf into your neck is an invalid Hijab because it will reveal what you have, i.e. your chest, etc.

Allah says we have to cover everything. Who can say after that that the Hijab is not obligatory? And the verse with, 'turn all together to Allah, in other words, Repent you believers.'

It is a duty of a husband to encourage (not force) and persuade her to wear the Hijab in order for her to be respected and be valued as a pious woman. In another verse, Allah addresses the Muslim women not to show off and dress in such a way that the pre-Islamic women used to. How did the Pre-Islamic women dress? Did they wear short skirts? No they didn't. Can you guess how they used to show off their beauty? They used to wear better than short skirts that's for sure. The pre-Islamic women used to cover everything, so they would wear long dresses, but they would show their chest, necks, forehead and the top of their hair.

What will you do when you stand in front of Allah and He asks you, where is your Hijab? Do not be upset by my words sister, I am only stressing this out of concern. When the verses of the Hijab were revealed, all of the women covered immediately. However, never force your daughters and sisters to wear the Hijab. Advise them in the best of ways so that they can see the true wisdom behind the Hijab.

More to come next time Insh'Allah

I-Think-You-Like-Me
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby I-Think-You-Like-Me » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:17 pm

do you have a boyfriend. i am looking for a religious girl.

Citizen X
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Citizen X » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:19 pm

^^ qaxootiyow adabta daran ha lahadlin sheikhad Mad

I-Think-You-Like-Me
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby I-Think-You-Like-Me » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:37 pm

[quote="Citizen X"]^^ qaxootiyow adabta daran ha lahadlin sheikhad Mad[/quote]

speak englis man. i dant speak samali.

*Proud_Muslimah*
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby *Proud_Muslimah* » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:49 pm

Assalamu Alaikum Smile

I-Think-You-Like-Me
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby I-Think-You-Like-Me » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:50 pm

asalama calaikum. take care of that behind for me. Love

+chilli
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Somalia-"We cannot allow former lunatics to take over the asylum"

Postby +chilli » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:22 am

no modesty no dignity no self respect.... Smile

qurux_isaaq
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby qurux_isaaq » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:26 am

[quote]^^ qaxootiyow adabta daran ha lahadlin sheikhad

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ur a joka about sheikada [/quote]

_BuFF_GYAL_
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby _BuFF_GYAL_ » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:03 pm

mashallah mashallah sista! that was so clear and benificial sister wallhi jazakhalla khair sis.. it so tru that women in islam is something so precious n truely valued n so its no good for a woman to be showig herself she is better than that so truely the hijab is protection.. n wallahi u are truely respected wen wearing the veil.. n wen u stated this part in the text above

'' Did you know that the pearl is protected by its shell? And the shell is not attractive, yet you cannot substitute it with anything else to protect the pearl. Therefore, you cannot do without the Hijab as it protects you. '' this opend my eyes wallahi.. i can totally see that point...

with those wise words u hav shared today sis u cud make a difference u knw.... words are powerfull when used in this way..

xxblessxx

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.