Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SOMALIYEY TOOSO TOOSOO IS TIRSADA EE, TAAGEERA WALIGIINEE

Soomaalida waddankan ku dhaqan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods, uk mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: And You Can Run For ya Back-up But Them Machine Gun Shells Gone Tear Ya back Up

SOMALIYEY TOOSO TOOSOO IS TIRSADA EE, TAAGEERA WALIGIINEE

Postby fagash_killer » Wed May 17, 2006 3:54 am

15 may remember that day and those fallen heroes who fought for somali freedom its sad that somali ppl dont even care about their history remember those warriors never would allow to see somalia like this how came that all somali ppl are divided and and they dont care about their motherland remember that the somali youth league was formed by 13 devoted somali youngsters who fought relentlessly for independence in their own way.Their slogan was 'XORNNIMO AMA GERI" (independence or death). Thousands of like minded boys, girls and elders joined them in their wholehearted and noble struggle. They all had grand dreams for the future of Somalia. Hence, the nationalist song "Soomaaliyey toosa." This Wake Up call paved the way for full independence in July 1960 despite various obstacles put up by you know who.

15-Ka May Maalin ku Weyn Taariikhda Somaaliyeed

[15/05/06]

Ummadda Aduunka ayaa leh Munaasabado si gaar ah loo xuso
oo Taariikhooda ku xusan,qiimeyn gaar ah leh,maalmaha xurmada
Weyn leh geedi socodkii halgankii xoriyadda Somaaliyeed iyo
Hanashadii Gobanimada qaaliga ah 15-ka May oo ah maalintii si
Rasmi ah loogu dhawaaqay curasahda Ururkii Dhalinyaradda SYL
Ee Dhaqdhaqaaqa Xoriyadda Somaaliyeed Sandkii 1943-kii.

Halgamayaasha swirkan ka muuqada oo 13-ka dhalinyaro ah waa Aasaasayaashii koowaad ee Ururka,hlyeeyo magac iyo maqaam weyn
Ku leh Somaalinimada iyo soo hooynta gobanimada,bileyskoodda,
Aragtidooda wadaniyadeed iyo ka gilgilashada heeryadii culeyka
Weyn laheyd ee Gumeeysigii Reer Yurub iyo hagidda Dadkoodda
ayaa ah waxyaabihii ka yaabiyeey Dowladihii isticmaariga ahaa
oo Isgu arkaayeey kuw aan cidi is hor-taagi kareen,marna meey
Filan in Dhalinyaro Somaaliyeed ku oran doonto dhulkan anagaa
Leh,gumeeysina waa diidney,xoriyad buuxda ayaanu rabnaa.

Halganka Xoriyadda Somaaliyeed ayaa xili hore biloowday
Marxalado badana soo maray:-

-Halgankii Halyeey-Imaam Axmed Guray.
-Halgankii Daraawiishta Sayid Max,d Cbadulle Xassan.
-Dhaqdhaqaaqyadii-Shiikh Bashiir,Faarax Oomaar iyo Sh.Xassan
Barsane ayaa Saldhig u ahaa Bileeylka Dhalinyarada Somaaliyeed
Iyo Garashada Qiimaha Weyn ee xoriyadu leedahay iyo xaqa Dadku
u leeyahay hanashada madax banaanidooda,Anigoo Sida ku haboon
u Garanaaya qiimaha iyo qaayaha eey leedahay 15-ka May,kana
Soo Qeyb qaatay Howlaha Hogaamineed ee Dhalinyarada Somaaliyed
Ahaan Jiray Gudoomiyaha Gudigga Dhalinyaradda iyo Ardeydda Jaaliyadda Somaaliyeed ee Cadan Dhammaadkii 70-kii,Waxaan si Weyn uga Xumahay Xaaladda Dalka iyo Dadka Somaaliyeed Waqtigan Ku Sugan yihiin,Dagaalada,Colaadaha Sokeeye iyo Xaalada weyn
ee Burburka ah,Dowlad la,aanta iyo kala daadsanaanta Umadeedba
Gaar ahaan-Dagaalada Khasaaraha wewyn sababay oo ka socdo 7-da
Casho Caasimada qranka Muqdisho iyo guud ahaanba tacadiyadda Xad dhaafka ah ee loo geeystay Ummadda Somaaliyeed.

15-Ka May maalintii taariikhdi ah xusuusteeda iyo xurmadeeda
weyn leh,lama illaawaan ah,xuskeena mudnaan gaar ah leeyahay,
Ummadda Somaaliyeed waxaan ugu Hambalyeeynaayaa xuska 15-ka
May,Anigoo Alle ugu rajeeyeey Aasaasayaashii iyo xubnihii AYL
Intooda Xigaabatey in uu janadii ka waraabiyo,Intooda noolna
Caafimaad,Camal Suuban iyo cimri dheer siiyo,Amiin.

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: And You Can Run For ya Back-up But Them Machine Gun Shells Gone Tear Ya back Up

Postby fagash_killer » Wed May 17, 2006 3:56 am

WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR YOUTH?

COMMENTARY
BY M.M. Afrah,
Toronto (Canada)

Having been raised as a "good boy" and changing over to become a sluggish copy boy in a newspaper office and later climbing up the ladder to become an editor and then editor-in-chief. But as I got older, I thought I liked to think that I have a strong sense of right and wrong. I joined anti-colonial demonstrations and with the help of hand operated press we printed inflammatory anti-colonial leaflets that naturally upset our colonial masters.

The Somali Youth League (SYL) formerly the Somali Youth Club (SYC) was formed by 13 devoted Somali youngsters who fought relentlessly for independence in their own way. Their slogan was 'XORNNIMO AMA GERI" (independence or death). Thousands of like minded boys, girls and elders joined them in their wholehearted and noble struggle. They all had grand dreams for the future of Somalia. Hence, the nationalist song "Soomaaliyey toosa." This Wake Up call paved the way for full independence in July 1960 despite various obstacles put up by you know who.

I also know that young students, like George Padmore, Kwame Nkrumah, Du Bois and Jomo Kenyatta among others created the great Pan Africanist movement in Britain in the 1930s and 1940s. From that humble beginning Africa sprung up to a full independence in 1960 when dozens of African countries became independent which subsequently led to the creation of the Organization of African Unity (OAU). Unfortunately, old Haile Selassie hijacked the organization and used it to undermine Somalia's fledging independence, convincing African heads of state that infant Somali government was an expansionist. Our delegates have been outnumbered and outmaneuvered by the emperor and his like minded cohorts within the OAU. As a result of these behind the scene machinations, a calamity was in the making in the form of border skirmishes intermingled with war of words. And eventually a full-scale war that claimed the lives of our youth in the spring of their lives. Historians now link those very machinations with the present conflict in Somalia as well as the volatile situation in the Horn of Africa. But that's another story.

What bugs me most is why our contemporary youth became docile and indifferent to the grim events in our country? I understand that not all people can get along due to the cancer of clan loyalties back home. But would it not make more sense for the youth in the Diaspora to join together and step out into the world as a unified force to bring about peace in their native country?

Now I may be an old fashioned man who has gone through the mills, but I am sure I am not the first person who has entertained this notion. Take for example the postings on the Banadir Public Forum by Libangedon who has been preaching a united Somali youth to fight the villains at home who ruined our country and reduced our people to paupers and corpses. The country became rapidly without government and people, a country where foreigners who wanted could come in and could go out at will without so much as by your leave. As a matter of fact a foreign diplomat described Somalia, unlike Afghanistan, as a fruit hanging from a tree (READY TO BE PICKED UP!).

This was not the way the founders of the SYL visualized that Somalia should be run, and that it needed to be put straight. That's where you come in. You should not expect manna to fall from the sky. Only you could make a difference. It is not for me to say who is called to lead the United Somali Youth and who is not. It is not for me to say whether or not someone is qualified to start the new movement or not, it just seems to me to be unnecessary to have the Somali youth divided along clan lines forever. I had always believed that the youth in the Diaspora are free from that cancer called tribalism or clanism.

This leads me to wonder what is wrong with our youth today? I believe many would say I am a dinosaur and that boys wearing ear rings and spending hours glued to the BET channel, listening to rap music or wearing over sized pants are "the in thing". But I ask myself: do those Pan Africanists and the founders of the Somali Youth League long time ago did not know what they were doing and as such it is necessary to be ashamed to be a Somali, and that boys wearing ear rings and watching the BET channel day in and day out is "Cool". I am sure BET will never teach you how to rebuild the country from the ashes of vicious clan wars or resuscitate the economy. Today the old Wake up Call is as important as it was 50 or 60 years ago.

No doubt that after you have been uprooted from your native country by nasty people with guns, it has been challenging living in the Diaspora face-to-face with stone-faced immigration honchos, beefy security men and bullying landlords. But thanks to our Somali ingenuity and tenacity we are still standing and it is time to begin to look ahead to all the good things the old country has in store for us in the near future.

You may have faltered, you may have stumbled or you may even have considered yourself an outright failure, but dear future leaders of Somalia I want you to rise and prepare yourself for tomorrow. There is nothing you can do about what had happened to our country during the last ten years. Yes, the past may be a story written in blood but the future can be written in gold. Do not be discouraged about the sad stories emanating daily from Somalia. For almost every great country on earth had gone through similar turmoil, or even worse. Here are few examples, the American and Spanish civil wars, not to mention the devastation of the Two World Wars and the Bolshevik Revolution that claimed the lives of millions of people. Again, it was the youth and the womenfolk who rebuilt their countries from scratch under extreme difficult circumstances.

The ball is NOW in your court.

I VALUE YOUR COMMENTS AND ENCOURAGE YOU TO SEND YOUR EMAILS TO ME OR TO THE PUBLIC FORUM www. Banadir.com (IT IS GOING TO BE THE BEDROCK OF A FUTURE BOOK, HOPEFULLY).

Afrah95@hotmail.com

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby fagash_killer » Wed May 17, 2006 3:56 am

COMMENTARY
BY M.M. Afrah,
Toronto (Canada)

Having been raised as a "good boy" and changing over to become a sluggish copy boy in a newspaper office and later climbing up the ladder to become an editor and then editor-in-chief. But as I got older, I thought I liked to think that I have a strong sense of right and wrong. I joined anti-colonial demonstrations and with the help of hand operated press we printed inflammatory anti-colonial leaflets that naturally upset our colonial masters.

The Somali Youth League (SYL) formerly the Somali Youth Club (SYC) was formed by 13 devoted Somali youngsters who fought relentlessly for independence in their own way. Their slogan was 'XORNNIMO AMA GERI" (independence or death). Thousands of like minded boys, girls and elders joined them in their wholehearted and noble struggle. They all had grand dreams for the future of Somalia. Hence, the nationalist song "Soomaaliyey toosa." This Wake Up call paved the way for full independence in July 1960 despite various obstacles put up by you know who.

I also know that young students, like George Padmore, Kwame Nkrumah, Du Bois and Jomo Kenyatta among others created the great Pan Africanist movement in Britain in the 1930s and 1940s. From that humble beginning Africa sprung up to a full independence in 1960 when dozens of African countries became independent which subsequently led to the creation of the Organization of African Unity (OAU). Unfortunately, old Haile Selassie hijacked the organization and used it to undermine Somalia's fledging independence, convincing African heads of state that infant Somali government was an expansionist. Our delegates have been outnumbered and outmaneuvered by the emperor and his like minded cohorts within the OAU. As a result of these behind the scene machinations, a calamity was in the making in the form of border skirmishes intermingled with war of words. And eventually a full-scale war that claimed the lives of our youth in the spring of their lives. Historians now link those very machinations with the present conflict in Somalia as well as the volatile situation in the Horn of Africa. But that's another story.

What bugs me most is why our contemporary youth became docile and indifferent to the grim events in our country? I understand that not all people can get along due to the cancer of clan loyalties back home. But would it not make more sense for the youth in the Diaspora to join together and step out into the world as a unified force to bring about peace in their native country?

Now I may be an old fashioned man who has gone through the mills, but I am sure I am not the first person who has entertained this notion. Take for example the postings on the Banadir Public Forum by Libangedon who has been preaching a united Somali youth to fight the villains at home who ruined our country and reduced our people to paupers and corpses. The country became rapidly without government and people, a country where foreigners who wanted could come in and could go out at will without so much as by your leave. As a matter of fact a foreign diplomat described Somalia, unlike Afghanistan, as a fruit hanging from a tree (READY TO BE PICKED UP!).

This was not the way the founders of the SYL visualized that Somalia should be run, and that it needed to be put straight. That's where you come in. You should not expect manna to fall from the sky. Only you could make a difference. It is not for me to say who is called to lead the United Somali Youth and who is not. It is not for me to say whether or not someone is qualified to start the new movement or not, it just seems to me to be unnecessary to have the Somali youth divided along clan lines forever. I had always believed that the youth in the Diaspora are free from that cancer called tribalism or clanism.

This leads me to wonder what is wrong with our youth today? I believe many would say I am a dinosaur and that boys wearing ear rings and spending hours glued to the BET channel, listening to rap music or wearing over sized pants are "the in thing". But I ask myself: do those Pan Africanists and the founders of the Somali Youth League long time ago did not know what they were doing and as such it is necessary to be ashamed to be a Somali, and that boys wearing ear rings and watching the BET channel day in and day out is "Cool". I am sure BET will never teach you how to rebuild the country from the ashes of vicious clan wars or resuscitate the economy. Today the old Wake up Call is as important as it was 50 or 60 years ago.

No doubt that after you have been uprooted from your native country by nasty people with guns, it has been challenging living in the Diaspora face-to-face with stone-faced immigration honchos, beefy security men and bullying landlords. But thanks to our Somali ingenuity and tenacity we are still standing and it is time to begin to look ahead to all the good things the old country has in store for us in the near future.

You may have faltered, you may have stumbled or you may even have considered yourself an outright failure, but dear future leaders of Somalia I want you to rise and prepare yourself for tomorrow. There is nothing you can do about what had happened to our country during the last ten years. Yes, the past may be a story written in blood but the future can be written in gold. Do not be discouraged about the sad stories emanating daily from Somalia. For almost every great country on earth had gone through similar turmoil, or even worse. Here are few examples, the American and Spanish civil wars, not to mention the devastation of the Two World Wars and the Bolshevik Revolution that claimed the lives of millions of people. Again, it was the youth and the womenfolk who rebuilt their countries from scratch under extreme difficult circumstances.

The ball is NOW in your court.

I VALUE YOUR COMMENTS AND ENCOURAGE YOU TO SEND YOUR EMAILS TO ME OR TO THE PUBLIC FORUM www. Banadir.com (IT IS GOING TO BE THE BEDROCK OF A FUTURE BOOK, HOPEFULLY).

Afrah95@hotmail.com

Say_what1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: SOMALIYEY TOOSO TOOSOO IS TIRSADA EE, TAAGEERA WALIGIINE

Postby Say_what1 » Wed May 17, 2006 12:47 pm

[quote="fagash_killer"]

-Halgankii Halyeey-Imaam Axmed Guray.
-Halgankii Daraawiishta Sayid Max,d Cbadulle Xassan.
-Dhaqdhaqaaqyadii-Shiikh Bashiir,Faarax Oomaar iyo Sh.Xassan .[/quote]

Nice post up , Who are Shiikh bashiir, Faraax Omaar and sh Hassan? What are they known for?

Khalid 5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid 5 » Wed May 17, 2006 12:49 pm

yeah axmed guray was a mujaheed from somaliland

laakin duufle ina cabudlla xassan was an coward

yeah that song used do it back in the days taggere waligeyn eeey but somalis hate each other now soo there is no need to bring the god all days back just like ina cigaal who was a strong member of that syl

WaarYaaHaa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby WaarYaaHaa » Wed May 17, 2006 12:53 pm

somali independance day is wen somali people freed themselves of babylon, aka gaalada, we cnt free ourselfes from ourselfes...... so its no point celebrating somethin that encourages paranoia amongst us, so if u celebratin, do it 4 somethin patriotic, not wen the somali govrnment fell....
dats ma 2 cents, no hateration jus obvious facts mixed with opinions...

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.