Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Human remains of Australian Somali found

Soomaalida waddankan ku dhaqan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
QaxootiWaaxid
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Human remains of Australian Somali found

Postby QaxootiWaaxid » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:11 am

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/ ... irrabooka/

Police speak to community leaders and the family of the missing man. Picture: Ben Crabtree/The West Australian.

Police officers have found human remains during a search in Mirrabooka but have not identified whether they belong to a missing Somali man.

Forensics officers searched Mirrabooka this morning as a result of an investigation carried out by the local Somali community into the disappearance of Abdulahi Mohamad Igal who was last seen in May.

Around 10.45am WA police spokesman said remains had been found off Chesterfield Road, Mirrabooka.

"The information provided suggested the remains were those of 26-year-old Abdulahi Mohamad Igal, whose absence was reported to WA Police on Friday 30 September 2015," police said this morning.

About 100 Somali community members gathered outside Herb Graham Recreation Centre last night as police established a search area in bush between the recreation centre and Reid Highway.

Distraught friends and family said they decided to start their own investigation into Abdulahi Igal’s whereabouts after months of police inaction.

Their inquiries uncovered a potential link to a former friend of Mr Igal’s who had fled to Somalia the night of his disappearance.

The chairman of WA’s Somali community, Hassan Egal, said the former friend confessed yesterday afternoon to killing Abdulahi and hiding his body.

It is understood the man confessed to stabbing Abdulahi twice and hiding his body in bush.

“We contacted the guy’s family in Africa and we told them we are suspecting that this guy knows something about the disappearance of his friend,” Hassan said.

“After some time, they brought him to the telephone conference and he admitted it.

“He said, ‘We had a fight and he’s dead and I left the country’.

“We gave the police a statement about what we had found out and where the deceased
person was buried.”

Community leader Hassan Egal

Hassan said it was hard for the community to accept Abdulahi’s body might have been lying in local bush the whole time.

Abdulahi’s cousin and community spokesman Abdi Artan said the community was disappointed in the police missing person investigation.

“They’re very disappointed that they haven’t received the respect the family has deserved and this matter hasn’t been properly investigated,” he said.

“It’s the community that has taken on board this initiative.

“We’ve taken it upon ourselves to find out what happened.”

Mr Igal's sister Nimo

Mr Igal’s sister, Nimo, said the family had arrived in Australia from New Zealand in 2002. Her brother, in his mid-20s, was a tradesman who sometimes worked in Kalgoorlie.

“He’s a young boy, very nice and a very generous, honest person,” she said. “He didn’t deserve to die like this. No one deserves to die under a bush.”

Members of the Somali community at the scene.

Police cordoned off the search area overnight.

A police spokesman said forensics officers would be sent to the scene this morning to examine several sites of interest that were found during an earlier sweep of the bush.

Police sealed off the scene

He said he did not have enough information on the missing person case to comment.
He could not confirm possible human remains had been found.

Detectives in Mirrabooka

Bella18
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Human remains of Australian Somali found

Postby Bella18 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:53 am

AUN to the brother.
Aboslute tragic! I can't imagine what the family are going through. Sabr and imaan to his loved ones.

Bibaaye6828
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Bibaaye6828 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:02 am

lol the guy openly admitted to killing his friend on the phone. He aint coming back.

Aun.

AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AGENT447 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:30 am

Inaalilah wa ina ilayhi rajucun...Allaya raxma raaximin, RIP Bk. May allah reward him Jannatul Fardaws
What a waste of young life.. I feel so bad for his family walahi, his sister is in my fb friends list. She is literally distraught, her status updates have been nothing but about him for last couple of months.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:27 am

AUN. Soomalidu qurbaha wey ku madhaneysaa.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:01 pm

AUN I'm shocked and saddened about how everything went down. May Allah give him jannatul fardowsa.

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:08 pm

lol the guy openly admitted to killing his friend on the phone. He aint coming back.

Aun.

Not sure why its funny. There were good freinds also related, story is the deceased man (aun) father tracked the guy down. thats one story. The other is community back here pressured the kid, they knew where he was staying. eventually he gave in and said he killed him and where to find his body

Vivacious
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Life is waking up an hour early to live an hour more :)

Postby Vivacious » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:18 pm

I am sure the killer can be found and brought to justice, specially if they are related. I hope the family will get justice for him. AUN to the brother though. It's saddening wallahi.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Aun I heard the missing lad on facebook thru someone who is friends with the family but didn't the circumstance that led to his death.

This isn't the first time somali on somali toorey murder

QaxootiWaaxid
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby QaxootiWaaxid » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:40 pm

Aun I heard the missing lad on facebook thru someone who is friends with the family but didn't the circumstance that led to his death.

This isn't the first time somali on somali toorey murder
So because you have no guns in Australia, Somalis there murder each other with machetes like London? :-O

I will take the American or Canadian gun over being stabbed to death like a London or Australian Somali any day wallahi :down:

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:48 pm

Know*

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:51 pm

Yeah midbaa aderkii wadnaha mindi dac digay. It was a trajic accident tho as it was intended for someone else who the killer had beef w/.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:52 pm

Dax*

QaxootiWaaxid
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby QaxootiWaaxid » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Yeah midbaa aderkii wadnaha mindi dac digay. It was a trajic accident tho as it was intended for someone else who the killer had beef w/.
wow that's crazy. did the guy who cut up this Igal guy run away to Somalia?

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:50 pm

I have no idea! Am not from PERTH, but it says he fled to Somalia according to the link you posted. He fled the same night he killed him AUN, so that tells you it was a well planned murder :down:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.