Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rapping in Somali

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Rapping in Somali

Postby QansaGabeyle » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:53 am

sounds super lame. Damn somalis need to stop making lame ass songs where they attempt to rap in Somali.

sadeboi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Rapping in Somali

Postby sadeboi » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:56 am

I think if Somalis who rap talk about stuff that pertains to Somalis our culture, political views, diaspora life some uplifting real stuff it would be good instead of talking about the sh*t every other raps about drugs hoes money and "struggling in america becuase of the white man"

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:59 am

K'naan is damn good. Real deal that dude got talent.

QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby QansaGabeyle » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:07 am

K'naan raps in English dude not Somali. Sadeboi, no matter what the song is talking about, if it is rap and in Somali, then it will come out sounding really corny. With all the 'X's and 'Kh's in our words, rap is just not for the somali language.

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Chilling In SANAAG, Makhiir State Of SOMALI, enjoying TUNA fish

Postby Advocatar » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:13 am

It really depends man, remember that guy I posted his video in Gedo section, well he has a song called "waan ka wataa" and it's really nice, I just think it's has to do with how you present it, If your trying to sound "ghetto/bling-bling/gangster" it will not work, lakinse if your ryming with a nice beat (not rough-beats) it'll come out pretty good.

sadeboi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sadeboi » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:15 am

wallhi its not bad qansa..its like geerar dude..and if they find the right beat its good...i have seen some who do that and its cool..i just dont like their topics.

QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby QansaGabeyle » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:16 am

I got to hear it to believe saaxib. Got any links. As far as I can remember, that dude was rapping in English in that video and although his flow was alright, I would not call that song a great or nice song. Just average. In my opinion, somali language and rap music just do not mix well. Searching through the videos on youtube, I noticed 90 percent of the somalis trying to rap do not even speak english and are either recent arrivals like the bantus of lewiston and greensborough or they live in europe. looool

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Chilling In SANAAG, Makhiir State Of SOMALI, enjoying TUNA fish

Postby Advocatar » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:30 am

looool, unfortunetly he deletd his myspace but he was good wallahi, the reason why those niggas are terrible is cus of their lack of somali vocabs or they're trying too hard i.e (anaa kuwaso, hoyaadaa anaa waso, my love etc). I dont know man but it sounds hella wrong when they use profanity to express or act like ghetto madows. I'm thinking about intertwining gabays and nice beats with alot of editing. Qansa since your a computer geeks, sxb do you have a program called Adobe Audition?

Gifted
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gifted » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:57 am

I agree somali rapp is terrible...I prefer swedish hiphop :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKrA2-48fhk

Aliyah99
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Aliyah99 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:33 pm

Somali suits reggae/dancehall type rapping only

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.