Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Calan-Gube

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Calan-Gube

Postby guhad122 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:16 pm

For those of you who blame an entire clan for the actions of few, here is the story of an amazing Somali hero from Puntland. My grandfather used to tell me about the story of Calan-Gube but lately, there have been articles about him on the net. A great Somali hero indeed!!!!!
http://cadaado.net/node/2577

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Calan-Gube

Postby Hyperactive » Mon May 19, 2008 1:23 pm

may Allah bless him
im proud of you adeer guhad122
we're all on this
no need to blame the whole region or group of people.
dabaqoodi doesn't have qabiil or religion.

zackabdul
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zackabdul » Mon May 19, 2008 1:25 pm

I've never heard of this man, I don't want to bother reading all that so guhad tell me in two sentences who he was, and what he did bro.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Mon May 19, 2008 1:29 pm

i think he burn the british flag
in majrtenia when brish where there
and made agreement as protectors
with the ruler of majernenia that time.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Guhad,

Saxiib have you heard about how Ogaden families are being rounded up in Bugland and being sold to Ethiopia.

Over 80 OGaden families have fled to Galmudug for safety. Fighting almost broke out last week when some Bugland agents tried to kidnap some of the families from South Galkacyo but were confronted by the local Sacad.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Mon May 19, 2008 1:33 pm

AbdiWahab252 quit this nonesense
hate aad qoladan o qabto
anaga ha nagu so gaban
adiga bana kaga ka dono.
rerahan anaga wada dalaney.
we understand each other.

ModerateMuslim
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ModerateMuslim » Mon May 19, 2008 1:33 pm

AbdiWahab252 wrote:Guhad,

Saxiib have you heard about how Ogaden families are being rounded up in Bugland and being sold to Ethiopia.

Over 80 OGaden families have fled to Galmudug for safety. Fighting almost broke out last week when some Bugland agents tried to kidnap some of the families from South Galkacyo but were confronted by the local Sacad.

stop the isku-dir. :down: :(

ModerateMuslim
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ModerateMuslim » Mon May 19, 2008 1:34 pm

hyperactive wrote:AbdiWahab252 quit this nonesense
hate aad qoladan o qabto
anaga ha nagu so gaban
adiga bana kaga ka dono.
rerahan anaga wada dalaney.
we understand each other.

:up:

usheeg.

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:35 pm

AW;
I know what is going there and you know what; it is actually bad for them both security wise and economically...Just last week, there trucks belonging to these dabadhilfs were set fire around Godeey. As for the Ogadens in the Sacad side, I told you before that all my families stay in the Sacad area of the city anytime they come there for business. I don't understand the idea of not staying in the Sacad side of the city for all Absame people.

Solna_

Postby Solna_ » Mon May 19, 2008 1:35 pm

Somali-Star wrote:

You karbaash them in the puntland section and now you acting like devils advocate :lol:

ModerateMuslim
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ModerateMuslim » Mon May 19, 2008 1:40 pm

Solna_ wrote:
Somali-Star wrote:

You karbaash them in the puntland section and now you acting like devils advocate :lol:

costa,

i'd defend hawiye from ignorant MJ and vice versa , too...
Last edited by ModerateMuslim on Mon May 19, 2008 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:40 pm

guhad122 wrote:AW;
I know what is going there and you know what; it is actually bad for them both security wise and economically...Just last week, there trucks belonging to these dabadhilfs were set fire around Godeey. As for the Ogadens in the Sacad side, I told you before that all my families stay in the Sacad area of the city anytime they come there for business. I don't understand the idea of not staying in the Sacad side of the city for all Absame people.

Guhad,

My neighbor who is Ogaden was telling about how his brother works in Galkacyo and goes into the Northside for business but always lives in the South (Sacad side).

So trucks were lit on fire in Godey ? Where they headed to Somalia to fight ?

It does not excuse selling entire families to the Woyane. Especially an old wadaad

Sacad & Ogaden relationships have always been good. Our Sacad livestock graze in Wardheer under the protection and kinship of our Ogaden brothers and sisters.

Those Ogaden families have been sent into the interior of Galmudug away from the Ethiopian border for safekeeping.

Somaliweyn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somaliweyn » Mon May 19, 2008 1:43 pm

I am not familiar with this story, but I do know a similar event happened in Merca. It occured on 11 October 1893, when the Italian flag was raised over the garesa in Marka, a Somali man attacked and killed an Italian soldier. He was in return killed, and hung up for all to see.

A brave men indeed, and his actions must be remembered like all those who did audacious things against Imperial penetration of Somali lands.

MJ-Pride
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: ^Removing the fake Cimaamad and shaving the fake beards of these thugs

Postby MJ-Pride » Mon May 19, 2008 1:44 pm

Sacad and Ogaden love relationship :rose: :up:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:45 pm

MJ-Pride wrote:Sacad and Ogaden love relationship :rose: :up:

MJPride,

Ogaden are the only qabiil we have not fought nor will ever fight with :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.