Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

what's mine is mine..and what's yours is mine

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

what's mine is mine..and what's yours is mine

Postby zulaika » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:20 am

i'm talking about money/asset allocations for married women..pursuant to the laws of marriage within Islam.

how many guys would accept to provide for a their wives while their wives provide for their own personal bank account? :lol: :lol:

these days, somali guys pursue somali females who are making their own money with the mindset that she will bear much of the financial weight of their lives when they are married..and worse, some expect to be taken care of. and on the flip side, much of these working girls think once they find a husband...they will finally rest as he would be taking care of them. :lol:

in this day and age where women are capable of generating equal and sometimes more income than their husbands, i can understand how this rule that allows Muslim women to retain their wealth while their husbands are obligated to provide might be come across as news of most alarming nature to Muslim men :lol: , but the fact is....THEY MUST DO THIS!!!. conversely, part of the reason why this rule is in place is because a wife is supposed to maintain the household while her husband works to "provide".personally my farax and i share our expenses and both of us have access to each other's account info.i have my own personal savings and so does he, but i feel that if i ever demanded this rule of my husband, i must at least stay at home, and maintain what he is working for(our home/family etc).
Last edited by zulaika on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

The-Screw
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: what's mine is mine..and what's yours is mine

Postby The-Screw » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:22 am

oh, God. you are like a broken record.

Sir-Luggoyo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Sir-Luggoyo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:24 am

Any man who counts on his wife's financial assets is not a man. That is why a woman can pay her zakat to her hubby while Mr hubby can't, because it's his duty to cater for her.

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:25 am

screw,

are u online? :lol:

sanityfay

Postby sanityfay » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:25 am

yea...I agree....but its a bit unrealistic
In the world we live in, it really cant apply because a one income household cant sustain a good standard of living. So, I want to work for the sake of my family so that my chidren will have great education and raise them with everything they could ever need. Staying at home is not an option for me....well maybe the first year n half....and I'll probably work from home or somthing until the kid starts grd 1.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:26 am

Off topic, but I was gonna make a topic about Ceyr with the same title :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:27 am

Sir-Luggoyo wrote:Any man who counts on his wife's financial assets is not a man. That is why a woman can pay her zakat to her hubby while Mr hubby can't, because it's his duty to cater for her.

:up:

S-D-M
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Postby S-D-M » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:28 am

zulaika wrote:
how many guys would accept to provide for a their wives while their wives provide for their own personal bank account? :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The husband is required to provide for his family (that includes the wife), if the wife is also making money it should also be shared..

If you guys are after the money, why don't you guys become prostitutes and strippers....I bet you will make great money been a stripper...

All the money lovers let me know, so I could hook you up with someone who knows where u can strip and make mad money

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:29 am

sanityfay wrote:yea...I agree....but its a bit unrealistic
In the world we live in, it really cant apply because a one income household cant sustain a good standard of living. So, I want to work for the sake of my family so that my chidren will have great education and raise them with everything they could ever need. Staying at home is not an option for me....well maybe the first year n half....and I'll probably work from home or somthing until the kid starts grd 1.

if you knew you would be provided for the rest of your life..and have enough $$$$ in your bank account to convince you of this, would stay at home to raise your children, or does "working" fill a void besides just "financial" need?

siren
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby siren » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:33 am

Shirib wrote:Off topic, but I was gonna make a topic about Ceyr with the same title :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nabeela » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:34 am

Sir-Luggoyo wrote:Any man who counts on his wife's financial assets is not a man. That is why a woman can pay her zakat to her hubby while Mr hubby can't, because it's his duty to cater for her.

Well said.

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:34 am

S-D-M wrote:
zulaika wrote:

The husband is required to provide for his family (that includes the wife), if the wife is also making money it should also be shared..

If you guys are after the money, why don't you guys become prostitutes and strippers....I bet you will make great money been a stripper...

All the money lovers let me know, so I could hook you up with someone who knows where u can strip and make mad money

there are other avenues of making money besides prostitution.

SummerRain
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SummerRain » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:36 am

Nayaa, you already know where I stand on this. :mrgreen:

S-D-M
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Postby S-D-M » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:38 am

zulaika wrote:
S-D-M wrote:
zulaika wrote:

there are other avenues of making money besides prostitution.

Yeah...u r right.....chasing man's bucket.......No wonder they said this is Mens' World

sanityfay

Postby sanityfay » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:43 am

zulaika wrote:
sanityfay wrote:yea...I agree....but its a bit unrealistic

if you knew you would be provided for the rest of your life..and have enough $$$$ in your bank account to convince you of this, would stay at home to raise your children, or does "working" fill a void besides just "financial" need?

Even if I had the money, I would still work (not as much) because work stimulates my mind. I need to do something other than raise my children. I know its a challange to raise children but just to keep my sanity

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.