Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Eritrean History + Eritrean Traditional Fashion PICTURES

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Belew

Eritrean History + Eritrean Traditional Fashion PICTURES

Postby Belew » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:31 am

Salam alaikum

Eritrean History

Last edited by Belew on Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Re: Eritrean History - Very Interesting - gurey25 your thoughts?

Postby Voltage » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:48 am

Lately I have been noticing how Arabized Eritrea is. I was watching a clip on youtube and they had Eritrean ethnic culture display, now tell me why the standard dress was the Shalwar khameez?

I mean what's the difference between an Afar in Ethiopia, Djibouti, and Eritrea? Nothing but the one in Eritrea was wearing a shalwar khameez just as the the rest of the Eritreans. Even your pagan bantus were wearing shalwar khameez. :lol:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:52 am

Lol @ Eritrea being Land of punt. :lol:

Hey I like this hidareb dancing

[youtube]9s2d8zLyJYA&annotation_id=annotation_730065&feature=iv[/youtube]

The Hidareb are Beja right?

Belew

Postby Belew » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:07 am

Lately I have been noticing how Arabized Eritrea is. I was watching a clip on youtube and they had Eritrean ethnic culture display, now tell me why the standard dress was the Shalwar khameez?

I mean what's the difference between an Afar in Ethiopia, Djibouti, and Eritrea? Nothing but the one in Eritrea was wearing a shalwar khameez just as the the rest of the Eritreans. Even your pagan bantus were wearing shalwar khameez. :lol:

You act like there's something wrong with being Arab? The majority of Eritrean Muslims, aka the Tigres, converted nearly 150 years ago.

Those clothes are traditional Eritrean clothes, not Arab or hindi buddy.

I know xamaar used to have some cadey chicks in the 70s and 80s (before the war), so post some of your traditional wear. Please no Majarteen pics, that's the only darood we don't fccks with.

Here's some pictures of Eritrean traditional wear I took from another forum I found today. These pictures are representing all 9 major ethnic groups of Eritrea, so enjoy.

Ladies waiting before their cat walk.

Fellas waiting before they're called up

Saho

Tigrinya

Bilen

Beja

Couples show

Hidareb Beja

Hidareb Beja

Nara

Nara

Beni-Amir Tigre

Beni-Amir Tigre

Afar

Kunama

Kunama

Rashaida

Rashaida

Saho

Saho

Bilen

Bilen

Tigrinya

Tigrinya

Tigrinya

Belew

Postby Belew » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:10 am

Lol @ Eritrea being Land of punt. :lol:

Hey I like this hidareb dancing

[youtube]9s2d8zLyJYA&annotation_id=annotation_730065&feature=iv[/youtube]

The Hidareb are Beja right?

Actually, Eastern Sudan and Eritrea is where most scholars believe land of punt was located. Besides that, archeogical evidence shows a close contact with Ancient Egypt and Eritrea/Eastern Sudan. Are you from puntland region of somalia or something, this shouldn't be a breaking historical news to you if you've read up on Punt.

Hidareb are Bejas but they like to be called by their clan name of Hidareb.

Belew

Re: Eritrean History + Eritrean Traditional Fashion PICTURES

Postby Belew » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:51 am

Just edited the title.
I still want to see traditional Somali pics, excluding Issas and Majarteens.

Babygirl-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Babygirl- » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:03 am

Nara boy Looks good. :up:

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:18 am

those are some awesome pics......
i love eritreans.......

voltage my understanding is that cultural diffusion happens often.
ertirea is on the coast and used to be the centre of trade, this is why i believe the indian influence and arab is normal,
and allot of it is also indeginous.

the beja and bani amer are the most arabized while the afar are not that arabized.

black velvet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby black velvet » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:30 am

Eritreans are beautiful people wale and how they struggled against Ethiopia was just class :up:

Belew

Postby Belew » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:46 am

those are some awesome pics......
i love eritreans.......

voltage my understanding is that cultural diffusion happens often.
ertirea is on the coast and used to be the centre of trade, this is why i believe the indian influence and arab is normal,
and allot of it is also indeginous.

the beja and bani amer are the most arabized while the afar are not that arabized.
Gurey25, I read a few of your post, that's why I had your name on the title before I edited it. You seem like a very intelligent guy who's a fan of history.

The Beni-Amir (sons of amir) are largely Tigre but both Beja and Tigrinya fuzzed with them. The government of Eritrea recognizes them today as simply Tigre, since all of them speak Tigre as a first language.

Tigre [Beni-Amir included) converted to Islam from the 1800-1850s. The Tigre were once one of the first Christians in Africa.

The Tigrinya, Tigre and Bejas in Eritrea call the Belew their forefathers. Ironically, as much as Eritreans don't claim arabs [exception of the Rashaidas, who are Arabs] as their forefathers, the Belew were Christian Arabs, who adopted and who assimilated with Tigre, Bejas and Tigrinya, once the Aksumite empire came to an end and Eritrea was under the Beja Kingdoms. So again, you are right, diffusion seems to have taken place with the Belews and the original inhabitants.

I want somalis to start posting traditional clothing-pictures of Somalis...I will post it on Eritrean forums and teach them a thing or two.

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:15 am

Eritrean i hote those people wa dad xun xun weyaan oo basapoorkii somaliyeed markaynu siinay karamiidi iyo sharafti somalida ku ciyareen waagii bariga dhexe. la tagayee :down: :down: i have never liked Eritrean wa dad munafaqiin ah

godness
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby godness » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:39 am

WOOW
Eritrians are hoottt :up: 8-)

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:14 pm

Somali Fashion

and of course

Somali Fashion :up:

Xamari_76
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Xamari_76 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:11 pm

Eritreans are beautiful..Notice how they have 9 different ethnic groups and they all regard them selves as Eritrean..Afars from Eritrea say there Eritrean..afar s from Djibouti say there Djiboutian..its all about the pride of nationalism people.. :up:

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:31 pm

beautiful people

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.