Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stem Cells prospects of cure for these diseases

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
FAH1223
webmaster

Stem Cells prospects of cure for these diseases

Postby FAH1223 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Oxy-
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Stem Cells prospects of cure for these diseases

Postby Oxy- » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:25 pm

I think every 1 already knows this :|

Ureysoo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Garowiyo Galkacyo, Gelaadiyo Reer Godey Dhaanto laxidhay, Garrisa Gadhayo, Allo Kismayo aan Tagay

Postby Ureysoo » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:44 pm

Off the topic --- (Sorry, Fah)....

I seriously started 2 doubt every medicine, and approaches the so called health centers take 2 cure one's syndrome. let alone the bogus scientific researches. Not long ago, I stumbled upon an article clarifying that the symptoms of HIV is not necessary right, and the HIV-Negative and Positive signs are primarily dependent on the symptoms. A number of HIV-positive patients were watched closely, and some of the illness indicators disappeared after a while, and some of them led long lives (and still living) despite the claimed disease.

The other one was Alzheimer, which can be cured with a Vitamin. However, the hospitals and health centers compiled the patients 2 undergo excessive curing-procedures and spend on money-consuming irrelevant medicines...

We are deprived of our simple rights -- "correct info. in regard 2 illness and the medicines"....

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:04 pm

I think every 1 already knows this :|
i didnt :up:

SummerRain
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SummerRain » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:05 pm

This is a conflicting issue for me. :cry:

Xamari_76
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Xamari_76 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:26 pm

Why were previous administrations opposed to this..because its unethical when it comes to religion?..and is it haram in Islam.

peace-
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby peace- » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Why were previous administrations opposed to this..because its unethical when it comes to religion?..and is it haram in Islam.
it's not xaram in islam

ms.naliaa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ms.naliaa » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:40 pm

it's not xaram in islam

since when are u a sheikh?

peace-
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby peace- » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:43 pm

it's not xaram in islam

since when are u a sheikh?
see i dont need a shiekh to interprete things for me and i dont need one to think on my behalf.
i read the qu'ran and sunna here and there and make judgements for myself.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:50 pm

Bush was opposed to it because he is a conservative and the movement that thrust him into power are all ultra-conservative pro lifers who don't want to compromise anything with regard to potential life or w/e

in islam its permissible but there are limits
According to the Sharî'ah we should make a distinction between actual life and potential life. Also we should make a clear distinction between the fertilized ovum in the dish and the fertilized ovum in the womb of its mother. Indeed an embryo is valuable. It has the potential to grow into a human being, but it is not yet a human being. Similarly there is big difference in having something in a test tube or dish or something in the body of a human being. As mentioned above these embryos were developed initially in the laboratory solely for the sake of reproduction and, due to limitations of the in vitro fertilization technique, they were produced in excess of what was required for this purpose. As a result, the remaining embryos would have either been frozen indefinitely or destroyed. If these embryos were treated as full human, it would have been forbidden to produce them in excess and to destroy them later. No one treats them as humans. Destroying such embryos is not called and cannot be called abortion. We disagree with the Catholic position that this is “equivalent to infanticide”.

Muslim jurists have made a clear distinction between the early stages of pregnancy (first 40 days) and its later stages. It is mentioned that if someone attacks a pregnant woman and aborts her baby in the early stages of her pregnancy, that person’s punishment will be less than that of the person who does that during full pregnancy. And if he kills the child after the birth, then he is liable to be punished for homicide.

The second question is whether according to the Sharî'ah it is acceptable to destroy an embryo for the sake of research, even if this research can potentially cure many otherwise fatal diseases?

Our answer is that the embryo in this stage is not human. It is not in its natural environment, the womb. If it is not placed in the womb it will not survive and it will not become a human being. So there is nothing wrong in doing this research, especially if this research has a potential to cure diseases. However, it is important that we establish strict rules against the misuse of embryos. Research on embryos has the potential for misuse, for instance in regards to the donors of these cells, and we should anticipate what these misuses might be and establish safeguards against them. (For example, doctors might have infertility patient go through extra cycles of ovulation just so they can obtain more embryos, or they might pay women to produce embryos, or embryos might be obtained without the consent of the donors). In making rules the authorities should also clarify that there is a difference between the use of “spare” embryos from in vitro fertilization procedures which would be destroyed regardless, as compared to the deliberate production of embryos for stem cell research. Each year thousands of embryos are wasted in fertility clinics around the world. Such embryos should not be wasted, they should be used for research.
http://www.crescentlife.com/wellness/st ... ective.htm

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.