Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Move The Somali Capital ASAP....

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

Where Should We Move The Somali Capital?

1. Hargeysa
26%
2. Bosaso
10%
3. Kismayo
23%
4. Garowe
8%
5. Galkayo
15%
6. BeledWeyn
5%
7. Burco
10%
8. Baidoa
No votes
9. Marka
3%

Total votes: 39

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
RebelLion1
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Move The Somali Capital ASAP....

Postby RebelLion1 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:27 pm

^ The people have voted, Hargeisa should be the new capital of somalia. :up:

Cali_Gaab
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cali_Gaab » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:51 pm

Walaweyn in Hargeisa equates to crime.

No thanx, Puntland is that way :arrow:

Southerners wouldnever be able to intergrate with us, we have nothing in common other than religion and skin tone.

RebelLion1
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby RebelLion1 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:58 pm

^ Aren't you HJ? what does hargeisa, or somaliland have to do with you? :lol:

We will negotiate with the real leaders of somaliland, HA iyo garxajis and gadabursi. :up:

Cali_Gaab
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cali_Gaab » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:03 pm

It's simple, the head offices of our business are located there, we've been migrating to Hargeisa heavily the past few years and shall increase by the end of the year insha'allah when things work out.

Gaajo from the south doesn't feed Dahabshiil and they havent got any money to by sugar from Indho dheero.

RebelLion1
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby RebelLion1 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Who's gaajo from the south? Horta other than dahabshil or silaanyo, HJ have no other leaders or businessmen?

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:09 pm

Cali Gaab, keep cutting down the isqorqor crew. :lol:

Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cawar » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:12 pm

If it were up to me, I would move it to Dhuusa-mareeb or somewhere in Galguduud...so that all HG who came to Xamar in the last 18 yrs could go back there :mrgreen:

Cali_Gaab
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cali_Gaab » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:17 pm

^ :lol: :lol:

RebelLion, you must be very ill informed.

Study your somaliland demographics and then come to terms with who's who, maybe then you will have a small insight about the realities on the ground.

I don't know if you're Comparing HJ to Isaaq clans or to your own clan but when push comes to shove, there's no business man that has made a greater impact on a larger scale than the previous mentioned HJ men.
Indho dheero is another major contributer to the economy, probably the reason this government is still able to stay afloat.

There are other HJ men in prominant positions such as Salebaan Gaal and the previous Head of the house of elders but they have less of an impact on the people across the region, so yes Silaanyo is the main guy from the clan at the moment.

BaasAbuur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Appealing for the release of Volkert van der Graaf.

Postby BaasAbuur » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:20 pm

If it were up to me, I would move it to Dhuusa-mareeb or somewhere in Galguduud...so that all HG who came to Xamar in the last 18 yrs could go back there :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: Hence why I suggested Hobyo. Why do you think this historic town is a ghost town..

RebelLion1
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby RebelLion1 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Cali gaab

The realities on the ground is there is no real democracy in somaliland, what you have is close to dictatorship with one one man, with the backings of the powerful hargeisa clans able to stay in office for close to seven years. At least in puntland, they know about the concept of peacefull transfer of power.

It's no wonder the HJ here are like a bunch of mindless kids with no principles, jumping from :sland: to this :som: in a matter of days.

I would take your earlier comments seriously about harigesa, if it wasn't for the flip flopping and lack of principle most of you show here.

Ayub21
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Boqol sano oo dawlad xumo ah, hal habeen oo dawlad la'aana baa xun

Postby Ayub21 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:36 pm

Kismayo,hergeyso and baladweyne will never bee the capital of somalia for simple fact that they are border cities.

take of the list also Marka becouse it is ones part of Banaadir it like 90 km from Xamar. there is know big differences between those to cities.

garowe,bosassa is far away from civilisation
add Baydhabo

i think galkacyo is best alternative cuz its in centre of somalia. :up: :up:

Cali_Gaab
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cali_Gaab » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 pm

You're right in some absects but you need to be corrected.
The realities on the ground is there is no real democracy in somaliland, what you have is close to dictatorship with one one man, with the backings of the powerful hargeisa clans able to stay in office for close to seven years. At least in puntland, they know about the concept of peacefull transfer of power.
Lets focus on your democracy statement, you are absolutely correct about that. The democracy they've been aiming to achieve has been misused by certain individuals, but this is an African state and the idea of democracy is a new system it will take time to brush up on it's mistakes.

As for your backing of powerfull clans in Hargeisa statement, the election in 2003 which was rigged at the last moment when UDUB was loosing, Hargeisa ended up being a majority Kulmiye city with more votes than the total of Burco this proves your claim other wise. The reason his term got extended this year was not because of the clans from Hargeisa per se, it was because of bribes and the payment certain members of the Guurti have recieved but there support for the extension doesn't reflect the allegiance of their clans to Riyaale and UDUB.

In fact, very recently the same clan that has given him the extension have had their subclan elders in Hargeisa showcasing their support for Kulmiye.

The only reason Riyaale has been able to stay in Power in 2003 was because of Silaanyo conceeding defeat although he has been declared the winner before the mysterious number of extra votes that appeared. Because of the fact that this was a fairly new state and the first 'democratic' election he put the safety and prosperity of the people above his and his parties aspiration. Scuffles broke out again across the country on a minor scale that could very well have ended in a different story.

Puntland has seen a peacefull transition of power between Cadde and Faroole but don't forget what happened between A,.Yusuf and Cadde Muuse, he sought refuge with Boqor Buurmadoow, a HJ suldaan in Somaliland. He was welcomed in Hargeisa. You can't compare the political landscape in Somaliland with that in Puntland, Somaliland's politics is way more sophisticated and involves various clans that have had to overcome hurdles Puntland hasn't experienced before.

As far as your comments concerning HJ forumers, no flip flops have taken place.
I've stressed since day 1 that i'm not fond of this ideology of becoming an Independent state, search my posts if you have to. I still support my people and my region and am all for advancement of the people but i'm against the ultimate objective.

Liqaaye has been pro-Somaliland untill he went back to Somalia and saw that this notion of Somaliland has been overhyped and mismanagment of the administration is visible across the region. People are still living on money send from relatives abroad and this idea of seeking recognition is a waste of time. The longer we pursue this idea the more aid and foreign support we miss out on. It affects those who haven't got any relatives abroad.

All these events happened before UDUBs current extension.

Amirsade
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Amirsade » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:53 pm

I was just talking about that today

Somali capital should be move to kismayo, in support of the true champion of somali shacab temperorilly, inta qashinka laga xaaqayo muqdisho

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:55 pm

Liqaaye has been pro-Somaliland untill he went back to Somalia and saw that this notion of Somaliland has been overhyped
It is funny how much people change after they actually go back and see what they hype from America or Europe. Shiekh (starscream/cinque mtume) was the biggest most extremist Puntlander in this forum for a long time before he went and came back a quiet and humble man. When he came back I said to him its funny how quiet you are now after you were supposed to have gone and seen that heaven. Recently he told me he can't believe how perceptive I was at that time because when he went back he said I was humbled to my knees.

Have I been the same since my trip this summer?

I think every tribal/regional extremist on this board should go back at least once and see the reality.

Cali_Gaab
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cali_Gaab » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:04 pm

^True indeed, the bottom line is: We're all in a shithole.

Part of the problem lies in people comparing region to region, gobol to gobol, city to city which are all in a thrid world country. They aspire to have 2 stiry homes and colourfull hotels, 'aim for the stars' is an idea foreign to them while it's taught to 5 year olds in the West. Simpletons can't even think of lets build our country better than Ethiopia it might be a shithole but it is no worse than us as long as you aspire to be better than something that's better then you wont go wrong.

The only people living 'fairly' well are those with their own businesses in transport, communication and imports/exports.
Everybody else lives on money from abroad and those are just the poeple living in towns and cities. We've got an higher population living as Nomads and they're life isn't as good as the nomads of the 70's and before, circumstances are seriously deteriating.

People recieve expired medicine from India and all of these administrations are there to provide for their families.
Insha'allah i'm going back at the end of the year, i've bought tickets for my parents to go back home this year.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.