Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bariis iyo Basto!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Bariis iyo Basto!

Postby Nabeela » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:44 pm

Hadaan Somali nahay wax kalay ma naqano, every martiqaad I have ever been, somehow bariis iyo baso were present, war yaa na baray dhaqankaan horta. :idea:

Just thinking out loud here.

Macaaney_1991
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Bariis iyo Basto!

Postby Macaaney_1991 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:47 pm

but it's jummy :clap: :clap: :clap:

sexy-kitten
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: You'll never catch me, might as well just watch me.

Postby sexy-kitten » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Bariis/Baasto is good for inviting someone over for lunch. :mrgreen: If they don't want lunch... Get them shaah, cappuccino, coffee, cookies, cake, Ice cream cake... sweets and cold/hot beverages I guess lol.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:06 pm

Bariis/Baasto is good for inviting someone over for lunch. :mrgreen: If they don't want lunch... Get them shaah, cappuccino, coffee, cookies, cake, Ice cream cake... sweets and cold/hot beverages I guess lol.
thats why im told to go to the food lion and get that macmacaan stuff when skinnies come

Macaaney_1991
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Macaaney_1991 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:11 pm

thats why im told to go to the food lion and get that macmacaan stuff when skinnies come
:lol: ...so they put on some weight :clap:

Gatspy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gatspy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:12 pm

I pray to god that bariis iyo baasto is present if I end up at a somali house. Otherwise i gotta pay $10 for my bariis without baasto. One can only take so much Taco and friggen KFC

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:21 pm

Raga hadi aad bariis iyo hilib siin waydo khalaas way ku dhamaatey Nabeela.

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:27 pm

Hadaan Somali nahay wax kalay ma naqano, every martiqaad I have ever been, somehow bariis iyo baso were present, war yaa na baray dhaqankaan horta. :idea:

Both came with COLONIALISM..including Black tea, Sugar etc etc.

The AUTHENTIC SOMALI cuisine is actually much healthier than the junk most of the world is eating these days... aduki beans, hadhuud, laxoox to name some of the healthy foods .I don't know know if its the same now but last time I've been to miyiga in spite of the abundance of livestock like sheep, camel, goats etc..the people RARELY ate meat..they only had it for special occasions. That's how healthy Somalis were..and this reflected in people's long life spans. I don't care that our cuisine isnt as exotic as those of other countries, we're nomadic people after all and our diet is simple ..and as long as its healthy then that's all that should matter.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:33 pm

Both came with COLONIALISM..including Black tea, Sugar etc etc.

The AUTHENTIC SOMALI cuisine is actually much healthier than the junk most of the world is eating these days... aduki beans, hadhuud, laxoox to name some of the healthy foods .I don't know know if its the same now but last time I've been to miyiga in spite of the abundance of livestock like sheep, camel, goats etc..the people RARELY ate meat..they only had it for special occasions. That's how healthy Somalis were..and this reflected in people's long life spans. I don't care that our cuisine isnt as exotic as those of other countries, we're nomadic people after all and our diet is simple ..and as long as its healthy then that's all that should matter.
wtf :lol:

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:37 pm

bariis is macaan isku dhex karris my dumaashi can make the best bariis ala bahalku macaana afka kaba kama qaado

baastada na bastu akhtar ah na my ex ba ii samayn jiirtay habaar ha ku dhace eeh :mrgreen:

baasto came from talyaaniga bariis na de wa bariis uu dee midle east ka iyo hindiidaaas iyo balayadasan ka barranay what else canjeelo yaroo qala lan is that what u want :mrgreen:

Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nabeela » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:41 pm

Emperior, that is not the point, the point is cunto nafaqo leh ma'ah, it only helps you grow calool wyen.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Emperior, that is not the point, the point is cunto nafaqo leh ma'ah, it only helps you grow calool wyen.
buffet eater :down:

Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nabeela » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:43 pm

Nothing wrong with going to buffet restaurants. :mrgreen: :up:

Xaaji_Waraabe-
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Xaaji_Waraabe- » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:45 pm

with Moos iyo suuqar :P

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:59 pm

Nabeela,

I hear you sister :up:

One time this lady invited me together with other people..Around 6 men and 4 women..She brought us, rice, hilib and salad...and letme not forget Bananna...Wallaahay I was so embarrased for her..Acuudu Bilaa :down: Even the food was from a Somali restaurant..
Balaayo, oo wax ma karin karto miyaa?

One can eat rice..but rice shouldn't be the main dish..it should be a small portion like two tbls...and the rest should be vegetables, poultry, meat, fish or what ever...Laakiin waa khalad iyo badownimo in wax loo cuno sidii markii ayna dadka aqoon ama awoodi karin the variety of food.. :down:

Waxaad arkaysaa, guriyo subax kasta canjeeradii laga dubo, deedna qadadii baastadii yaanyada badnayd laga kariyo..Fakhri fowqal fakhri..Kolkaasay lacag uruurin ay guryo kaga dhisaan dalkii...Anigu I have to be honest...I give priority to food and I love food..To cook, to serve and to enjoy...Yummy..Healthy food is important..One can't just stuff himself of a big plate of rice or spagetti....That is why dirica loo wada xidhan yahay si loogu qariyo caloolaha iyo cududaha..Ilaahow yaa u wada geliya T-shirt and a jeans :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.