Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Have Masjids Become Social Clubs?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
suga_n_spice
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Have Masjids Become Social Clubs?

Postby suga_n_spice » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:54 pm

K i totally agree walahay. now that u say...

i alwayz used to luv our mosque. it was such a great mosque, with great leaders until i heard one of them buy another local mosque occupied by other Somali muslims. i could not believe it when i heard. bal maxuu ugu kor gadanayaa masjid dad kale ee rabaan oo ee lagu u aruusanayaa in ee gataan. that's just unbelieveable.

Diyeeshaha_Tolka
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Diyeeshaha_Tolka » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: balaayo aan dabeecad laheen ayaa tahay,,

hadii aan ku dhahay ina adeerkaa weydii ceebta ah leedahay maxay tahay..

masjidka wuxu ku yaalaa magaalda bristol uk,,

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:59 pm

LIbaax... Ilaah khayr ha ku siiyo diyeesha , anigu waan ka soo jiida hadalka dadka :lol:

Ha waa mahadsantahay haddaba niyow , waa inaynu ogaano kuwaas oo kale , Kismayo ha u xagaa-bixiyaan dhashoda !

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:17 pm

Kolombo,

I prefer the African American ones. Its much better than going to the qabiil tainted Somali ones. Not to mention you end up meeting some very interesting people and they have great community programs.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:08 pm

No never experienced it. I have never seen front rows reserved for anyone. Whoever gets there first sits there and I have never seen parking lot lakala xigsanayo. You seem to describe some sort of a organized hierarchy which Somalis do not know or display nor have I personally seen.

Of course though more than likely there is a "group" whose friends and whatever specific ideology they subscribe to run whichever masjid so interaction between them would be more friendlier than with others but I would not say they give each other any special treatment at the expense of others.

Abdi_westldn
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Abdi_westldn » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:15 pm

I've prayed in Masjids all over the world and I've never seen Somali's who reserve the front row,park anywhere and discuss Qabil when the Imam is talking. Matter of fact Somali masjiids I've been to in the UK and here in Australia have been really good where people are there for their prayer. Socializing amongst muslims is a good thing it helps build unity but ruunti Qabil shouldn't have a place in mosques or any other place Muslims congregate.

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: nomand, first of my names, king of the andals and the first men

Postby Nomand » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:40 pm

back in the days of the shabaah and the prophet s.a.w the masjid was not only a place of worship but was the heart of the muslim community were they met up and discussed politics, religion, war and so forth.

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:58 pm

Aniga I just wondered why some "religious people" have bad attitude, they dont have likeable personalities.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 pm

Kolombo,

So I'm assuming Beesha Sade won't have any problems having a fundraiser down there :lol:

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:19 am

Qof ma aragtay aad ku odhanayso sii daacad ah " walle , oo xaggey ka dhacday arrintaasi ?"

oo kugu jawaabaya " hebel waydi isaga ku sheegi e !"

Somalidi qabyaaladi ba maskaxda ka wastay .
Mid baad ku odhanaysa " war halkaa igu sii tuur "
Intu ku kaxeeyo , o gas iska khasaariyo bu kuu gaynaya mid aad is xigtan , markaasu ku odhanaya " kan sii raac!" :lol:

Intu sii socday iyo intu dib u noqonayo , isagoo iska kaa dhiga halka aad rabtay baa uga dhawayd .
Dadkaas oo computer la soo wada daba dhigay , ka warama?

Dhibaatooyinka gudhuda haysata waa tanoo kale :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:

Paddington Bear
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Paddington Bear » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:17 am

What difference does it really make to your life if a mosque is run by some sort of clique? Will they force you to pray to their great grandfather instead of Allah? Will they change the Qibla to face their great city of birth?

It is a mosque. You go there to pray and, as long as the prayer is the same, what happens before, after or in between should really not bother you that much.

With respect, I see nothing productive in a topic such as this one.

Kukri
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Kukri » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:26 am

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Even those trying to keep their faith in trying times are not safe from the tongue of khawaarij.

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:44 am

this is true..these things happen at masjids sometimes. there was a major fallout between the admins of this one masjid here in Toronto where it got so ugly gaaladii bey isugu yeedheen pointing the finger and accusing each other..."kani waa terrorist...sacuudi iyo tora bora buu qabtey" can you believe that? cajiib.

and don't even get me started on what happens in the women's section. there are women who go to the masjid and talk loud, xan and some even bring stuff they wanna sell..acuudu bilaah, plus i can't stand those holier than thou women who act like they run the place..they are extremely arrogant and trigger happy to exercise their 3rd grade Islamic knowledge...i was like naa naga beydh.

Abdi_westldn
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Abdi_westldn » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:53 am

You know whats the worst though, those people that use the masjiid as means to get married. :down:

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:59 am

Kolombo,

Wallaahay waxaa aad sheegeyso oo dhan waan arkay. :down: Haddii aan Somaali nahay, meel kasta akhlaaq xumo ayaan la joognaa..Markaa masaajidkana dhaqan xumada ayaan la tegeynaa.

Waxaan fahmi kari waayey, sida uu qof damiir lihi u eegan karo ilmo uu dhalay ama la dhashay oo umadda dhibaya :down: Bal naagaha iska sheekeysnaya ilmahoodii oo ku bood boodaya oo buuq ka samaynaya masaajidka maxaad tidhi?

Waxaanse fahmi la'ahay, sababta ilmo ooyaya oo qaylinaya loo keenayo masaajid :down: Miyeyna ka baqayn, karaha ay dadku karahsanayaan qaylada ilmaha Salaatu Sahwiga dadka ku ridaya :down:

I just don't like people who are not considerate of other people... :x Gurayahooda joogi maayeene, way meereysanayaan :!:

Nin weynbaa la sheegay oo caruurtiisaba masaajidka ku korsaday..Intaa waxbay ka cunayaan masaajidka..waana isla fiican yahay :down:
Last edited by kambuli on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.