Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somali run masjids

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Somali run masjids

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Let me stress I dont mean somali owned, as all majids belong to Allah rather masjid somalis run, operate or are the majority.

Well my point is they just dont know how to act. :down: . Some somalis are hard headed modaf****, they seem to have some attitude problem where they refuse to listen to those in charge of the operation of the masjid. Simple instructions such as where to park, how to respect the local community etc are ignored. But when it comes to giving advice there the first to comment. Also the older generations are hypocrits and cannot take any criticism. I.E old man will tell youth to be quiet, but will continue his discussion with other old men.

Alhamdulilah my local masjid is mix of all ethnic groups. Damn i Just had to vent that out.

BODHI
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Somali run masjids

Postby BODHI » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:26 pm

lmao and the head of the masjid is always an arab/pakistani :roll: :roll: :roll:

American-Suufi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby American-Suufi » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Let me stress I dont mean somali owned, as all majids belong to Allah rather masjid somalis run, operate or are the majority.

Well my point is they just dont know how to act. :down: . Some somalis are hard headed modaf****, they seem to have some attitude problem where they refuse to listen to those in charge of the operation of the masjid. Simple instructions such as where to park, how to respect the local community etc are ignored. But when it comes to giving advice there the first to comment. Also the older generations are hypocrits and cannot take any criticism. I.E old man will tell youth to be quiet, but will continue his discussion with other old men.

Alhamdulilah my local masjid is mix of all ethnic groups. Damn i Just had to vent that out.
cheap shot for calling on young zoomalis to jihadist convert mosques u attend. do u arrange zoomali girls marriages to west indians jihadist converts? zoomalis are new to running mosques and businesses in the west and will make many mistakes. u can only learn from ur mistakes. at least they pray with their sons knowing some jihadist in another mosque will not take advantage of them and send them to afghanistan or zoomalia as a suicide bomber.

BaasAbuur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Appealing for the release of Volkert van der Graaf.

Postby BaasAbuur » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:35 pm

lmao and the head of the masjid is always an arab/pakistani :roll: :roll: :roll:
Have you ever been a Somali run masjid because it does not look like it. I doubt you have been to any masjid ever but that is another story. I say this because I have never seen a Somali run mosque where the head of the mosque or even the imaam is non-somali. They would not allow it because Somalis are power hungry wherever they are.

Nobleman......I know what you mean but it is more so in some mosques than others. Ibn Taymiya in Columbus was the worst one I have been to.

Enemy_Of_Mad_Mullah
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: In the plains out in hawdka im'a tell ya, mess with the reer and a vest could'nt help ya

Postby Enemy_Of_Mad_Mullah » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:39 pm

american soofie wallahi cuqdad baa kaa buxda do you have dreams of sheikh Osama chasing you or something :lol:

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Horta You are right about the parking lot, even if told 100 times not to park in certain areas they still do on sidewalks, neighbors private parking areas etc which causes so much complains to be written, However, people seem like they are not playing games anymore, in my area and alot others, steps are being taking starting with getting security guards to mandate parking areas, second recently somali women waa loo diidey taraawiixda after the second week because of all the problem they brought to the masjid, bunch of hard headed kids that chased each other around, women selling stuff during the prayers, bathrooms being completely messed up, it was more of a social gathering not for all but most, so when they made the decision to ban em, the place seemed so quite and peaceful right after.

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:06 pm

cheap shot for calling on young zoomalis to jihadist convert mosques u attend. do u arrange zoomali girls marriages to west indians jihadist converts? zoomalis are new to running mosques and businesses in the west and will make many mistakes. u can only learn from ur mistakes. at least they pray with their sons knowing some jihadist in another mosque will not take advantage of them and send them to afghanistan or zoomalia as a suicide bomber.
This is a masjd not no singing and dancing sufi convention. Get outta here with that B.S

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:09 pm

Horta You are right about the parking lot, even if told 100 times not to park in certain areas they still do on sidewalks, neighbors private parking areas etc which causes so much complains to be written, However, people seem like they are not playing games anymore, in my area and alot others, steps are being taking starting with getting security guards to mandate parking areas, second recently somali women waa loo diidey taraawiixda after the second week because of all the problem they brought to the masjid, bunch of hard headed kids that chased each other around, women selling stuff during the prayers, bathrooms being completely messed up, it was more of a social gathering not for all but most, so when they made the decision to ban em, the place seemed so quite and peaceful right after.

Lol @ parking same problem across the ocean as well. Somali women and men who bring real young kids and let them run havoc annoy the hell outta me. They just ruin it for the majority there to pray. Also in the UK these somali run masjids can cause problems with the local community, which makes them petition to affect the operations of the mosque. If only they understood to respect the community, as it will affect any planning permission for the mosque.

American-Suufi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby American-Suufi » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:14 pm

This is a masjd not no singing and dancing sufi convention. Get outta here with that B.S
if u hate zoomali masjids and attempt to demonise them, why r u subtly trying to advocate/encourage young zoomalis to attend salafi jihadi mosques run by west indian converts? what do they do? can you tell us? brainwash kids on jihad, scam the system and pass on to each other wives for marriage like they r some sexual deviant groups?

since u have a head full of grey hair arent these kids who cuase chaos in the zoomali masjid urs?

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:19 pm

wow :shock:

the somalis took over at dar al hijira in Virginia (where Murax and Gedo Boy go) but its never that bad when I went there before

one of the masjid near me has a few somalis, mostly Paki but the Imam is Somali...not too many problems...kids running around is a universal problem though everywhere you go

parents need to leave them home

Babygirl-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Babygirl- » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:28 pm

I know what you are talking about, the ladies talk too much :down: , the parents act like they are not responsible for their kids!!!!!!! letting them scream and roam an around the place!, ( :x ) the elders are all having conversation while telling teenagers to shut up :roll: , no one follows direction & no one respects authority but they will respect NON-Somalis qurun.. :down:

Mr. Yungnfresh
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Mr. Yungnfresh » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:05 am

lol Nobleman, me and Murax were talking about this awhile back

http://somalinet.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 58&start=0

BODHI
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby BODHI » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:25 am

LMAO WOW NOT SELLING SWEETS WHILE THE PRAYERS ARE GOING ON SOMALIS ARE A MESS :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:30 am

lol Nobleman, me and Murax were talking about this awhile back

http://somalinet.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 58&start=0
Oh snap how the hell did i miss that. You and Murax were spot on. Same problem in the UK, which means this problem is deeply embedded in the somali dhaqan. No gratitude, respect and case of everyone does as they please. I noticed Somali men hate to be told what to do. Simple instructions like please dont talk or park, they'll do the opposite, like they get a buzz from going against authority wtf.

Also iftar at the masjid, the food is consumed 90% by somalida every single day, but little do they contribute to the iftar fund which runs low or even worse the whole community will come together one day to make iftar basically making iftar for the somalis and the 10 non somalis. Then they have the audicity to say shit like 'now thats real iftar or cuunto somali cannot be tested, bearing in mind all the community came together one day to make iftar lol

But i agree with you and murax 100%.

Walahi you could undertake a study on somali mannerism, lack of gratitude etc and link it to the current problems in Somalia. But the minute you criticize somalis, u'll get accused by other forumers of being a 'self hating somali'
Last edited by *Nobleman* on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ka darag
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: He's not invisible anymore, with his father's nine and a broken fuse.

Postby Ka darag » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:34 am

Wembley mosque...they just come there to bloody gossip....u cant even hear the bloody imam wen he is talking... :down: :down: :down: :down:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.