Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DOESNT IT BOTHER YOU?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

DOESNT IT BOTHER YOU?

Postby surrender » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:57 pm

that nobody cares about Somalia? you wont hear news regarding whats going on in Somalia in western/Arab/Asian media, it doesnt hit the front pages. when there are fresh fights/disasters none of these media report it unless it concerns them. like the piracy; when the piracy happened remember how it circulated the media. all of a sudden people who didnt know much about somalia where arguing for and against the piracy.

i remember coming into a lecture called globalisation and media, a heated debate brokeout about the pricay in somalia. it was interesting to see people who asked me where was somalia located at the beginning of the year to all of a sudden debates its wrongs and rights.

another thing is when someting happenes in Iraq, Palistine, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Khalijka, in media these stories are mentioned. better yet we protest for them, made face group about them. i remember the war in iraq protest in London i was infront line, protesting for my muslim brothers, showing my love for them. but you wll never see the Iraqis/Palistinians and Afghanistan doing that for our country we even raised money for them, they never raise anything for us. we work as volunteers in their charitiy events, you will never see them do that.

I remember when the Tsunami happened we raised lots of awareness in regardes to that disaster, but not once have I heard anyone mention that Tsunami reached as far as somalia and many people die.

it is as if we are the forgetten nation, :cry: doesnt it bother you?

Queen_Arawello
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: DOESNT IT BOTHER YOU?

Postby Queen_Arawello » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:04 pm

Somalia iyada is nacday, why should the rest of the world give a toss about dad is nacay oo 20 yrs dagaalamayo dhexdooda :|

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:06 pm

No it doesnt realy bother me :|

Keyse_0208
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyse_0208 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Somalia iyada is nacday, why should the rest of the world give a toss about dad is nacay oo 20 yrs dagaalamayo dhexdooda :|
i care about somalia, i care about it so much that i have a somalia poster in my bedroom

Queen_Arawello
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Queen_Arawello » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:10 pm

Somalia is dead, it will be revived when the Mahdi arrives until then R.I.P :up:

MrPrestige
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Ceelafweyn-Bancade ' Qardhaasa cadde Yoonisoo, qoodhiyaan ahaye ~~

Postby MrPrestige » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:11 pm

No it doesnt really bother me what bothers me is the fact that somalia was a unholy union to begin with
Last edited by MrPrestige on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:13 pm

Somalia is dead, it will be revived when the Mahdi arrives until then R.I.P :up:

Dident i tell u long time ago now do what u got to do

Gatspy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gatspy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Surrender why would anyone care about what happens in Somalia if it doesn't effect them. Piracy is the effect of the Somali lawlessness spilling out of the land to the sea where it has a direct effect on anything else that is out there. So of course they'll be all over that. Even Somalis don't give a shit about what happens in Somalia, they also only report the negative events. Events that at the end of the day point out one qabiils short comings, which is why almost every qabiil has their news site reporting something about someone else.

What is happening in Palestine, Iraq and Afghanistan cannot be compared to what is happening in Somalia. If Americans left Iraq today and left Iraq all for the Iraqis, and war broke out among the Iraqis who would u protest for? who would u raise money for?. And the same goes for Afghans and Palestines, they're not fighting one another for decades they're fighting a much stronger occupying forces. Where in Somalia you have ppl of one ethnicity, one language and one religion go at it everyday.

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:17 pm

yh but is not like any of these countries that i mention before are better than us, ayaguba way isnaceen,otherwise they wouldnt be fighting, but is like somalia is really a forgotten nation.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:30 pm

No it doesnt because people care about you when you care about yourself.

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:32 pm

Surrender why would anyone care about what happens in Somalia if it doesn't effect them. Piracy is the effect of the Somali lawlessness spilling out of the land to the sea where it has a direct effect on anything else that is out there. So of course they'll be all over that. Even Somalis don't give a shit about what happens in Somalia, they also only report the negative events. Events that at the end of the day point out one qabiils short comings, which is why almost every qabiil has their news site reporting something about someone else.

What is happening in Palestine, Iraq and Afghanistan cannot be compared to what is happening in Somalia. If Americans left Iraq today and left Iraq all for the Iraqis, and war broke out among the Iraqis who would u protest for? who would u raise money for?. And the same goes for Afghans and Palestines, they're not fighting one another for decades they're fighting a much stronger occupying forces. Where in Somalia you have ppl of one ethnicity, one language and one religion go at it everyday.
to be honest with you you right in what you saying, but i guess than that means the world only cares about you when you have something they want.
but whether the problem is by foreign forces accupying the land or tribe v tribe no one ever cared that much about somalia comapred to Zimbabwe, Southa Africa, Kenya, and Ethiopia to name but a few. when Ethiopia invaded our country there werent as much media attention as it deserved, there were protest, it wasnt by far as big as the palistinians and afghanis protests in London, it was bunch of somalis gathered together in centeral london. or the Ogadenia issue, many people tday dont even know if Ogadenia exists, let alone the problem they facing. worse remember the Golf war, how much media attention it got. they even had hollywood movies based on the golf war. im not saying we should be front pages for the sake of it, but Somalia's problem should be shown to the world and yrs to come at least our future gen can see what was happenening there. or even for people of other countries to acknowlodge the problems in somalia. i guess the world is shallow!
:down:

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:34 pm

mahdi as the actual mahdi or someone else you have in mind?

No it doesnt really bother me what bothers me is the fact that somalia was a unholy union to begin with
im not even gona ask you what you mean by that because we all know where you going with this!

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Here is my advice to the Somali girls. Stay out of politics.

Keyse_0208
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyse_0208 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:36 pm

here is my advice to you voltage, stop taking trips to african countries .

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Emperior5 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:38 pm

^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think she ment Maxammad al mahdi the real one mahdiga the end of times soo bixii doona :mrgreen:
it cant be cali mahdi kaasii waabu na soo marray :mrgreen:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.