Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aerial View of Addis Ababa- A real city

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Aerial View of Addis Ababa- A real city

Postby Siciid85 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:47 am

sheekh-Farax-zero
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Aerial View of Addis Ababa- A real city

Postby sheekh-Farax-zero » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:43 am

nothing more than shiiiiiiiiiit and Habashi fart, full of poorest pple on earth, waxaad ku arki qof xiran shaar 3 qarni la garkarayay, lagana dhaxlay awoowgii 19aad :arrow: :lol:

LiQaaye_TDH
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Afhayeenka Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyada Somaliland Mudane Axmed (Silaanyo) ee Somalinet...

Postby LiQaaye_TDH » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:01 am

nothing more than shiiiiiiiiiit and Habashi fart, full of poorest pple on earth, waxaad ku arki qof xiran shaar 3 qarni la garkarayay, lagana dhaxlay awoowgii 19aad :arrow: :lol:
Yeah an Bosaaso and Hargeisa looks much better MY ASS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats a Real focking city for real big respect, even thou i always hear some shid from somali people that comes from addis ababa, that the place is dirty and ugly, it must be beacuse the somalis live in slums in Addis ababa, and not the Real posh places!!!

Addis Ababa to hold the world Cup in 2020 :mrgreen: :clap:

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:03 am

its looks like a real capital , even its poor, but look at it your self they have good infrastructure nice roads big tall buildings , adis ababa looks good i have been there a few times

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:12 am

Lets not kid ourselves with fake pride. No somaliland or somalia city looks anywhere near that good.

Plus if your carrying that Biir paper you get treated like a king. The ethopians will literally sweep the floor you walk on for some of that biir money.

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:17 am

^^ Not even Djibouti looks anything near adis ababa , laakin somalidu wa xaasidiin waxba ma qiiran :lol:

LiQaaye_TDH
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Afhayeenka Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyada Somaliland Mudane Axmed (Silaanyo) ee Somalinet...

Postby LiQaaye_TDH » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:19 am

^^ Not even Djibouti looks anything near adis ababa , laakin somalidu wa xaasidiin waxba ma qiiran :lol:
POINT!!!!!!

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:09 am

Addis from the Ground up.

Keyse_0208
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyse_0208 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:10 am

Lets not kid ourselves with fake pride. No somaliland or somalia city looks anywhere near that good.
i hear what u saying Noble, laaking i was in addis in 2008 and trust me its not all about tall buildings iyo few paved roads, these motherfukaz are the true meaning of "USKAG" . bulaacadaha magaalada dhex mara ayey dharka ku maydhaan, and the number of homeless people who live under bridges and sleep outside are more than those who actually have accomodation.

one thing aan ka yaabay in Addis is meesha waxa jooga all the Dogs in the world, as soon as it reaches makhrib time the whole city is over taken my thousands and thousands of wild dogs with rabies. you cant even sleep at night beacuse of all their wild barking and fighting and howling :lol: filthy 100%

ToughGong
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ToughGong » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:28 am

^
I was there that year too Keyse, and you're right Walahi it's like there's a never ending lingering stench man

Keyse_0208
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyse_0208 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:33 am

the one thing aan la yaabay is, there is only 1 or 2 cash machines in the whole city :lol: , when ever i needed money i had to go to sherrington hotel, with the funny little cash machine that gave you Bir. but i was kinda glad that it took my Debit card, everything is written in Amharic and when u press like 500, pocket full of notes .. i couldnt find no cash machine any where else

ToughGong
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ToughGong » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:42 am

^
I was only there for like 24 hours,transit baan ahaa.We stayed in some hotel paid for by the airline called "Abraham something or other" took a couple of hours walkabout other than that I didn't go out.But that stench! I can still smell it lol

paidmonk
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby paidmonk » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:20 pm

No thanks.

There is no city outside of Addis Ababa that is bigger than Bosaso today.

Bahir Dar, Mekelle, Jijiga, Nazret, Dire Dawa, all of them are under 200,000. They put 70% of the national budget in Addis Ababa just so they can host conferences for their neighbors.

In 20 years, Somalia will be the most spread-out and best built country in Africa, we will have 20 cities above 200,000 soon, all growing at the same time. That's the biggest benefit of the civil war.

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:24 pm

[quote="LiQaaye_TDH]

Yeah an Bosaaso and Hargeisa looks much better MY ASS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats a Real focking city for real big respect, even thou i always hear some shid from somali people that comes from addis ababa, that the place is dirty and ugly, it must be beacuse the somalis live in slums in Addis ababa, and not the Real posh places!!!

Addis Ababa to hold the world Cup in 2020 :mrgreen: :clap:[/quote]

Don’t compare Hargeisa to the capital city of the f-king oldest country on earth with full pockets of charity money. :down: That is not a fair comparison. Hrgeisa was born 19 years ago and everything in Hargeisa is built by you and I NOT foreign donors.

Addis is ok city but NOT in the same level of Nairobi or Kampala.

Xabashis are poor by nature and always will be. they have beautiful airport and great airline system but nothing else.

Cumar-Labasuul
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cumar-Labasuul » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:35 pm

Paidmonk, you know you're spot on this is ethiopia's main cities:

I guess 90% of their population must be rural maybe even more, that's the only reasonable answer. However what I'm suprised is that jigjiga and dire dawa are cities that somalis invested heavily in and their populations do not exceed 200k when I can think of a handful that exceed that it SL and PL, why is that?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.