Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Comparison of UK cities and Somali cities (statistics)

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Comparison of UK cities and Somali cities (statistics)

Postby XimanJaale » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:52 am

Salaam all,

Few days ago me and my friends were discussing about the cities in the UK and we were comparing it to the cities in Somalia in terms of majority of clans. So I like to share with you guys what we came up with. We also talked about other things. So enjoy the statistics.

London- Mix clans (no majority) (Mogadishu from 1980’s)
Birmingham- Sade and Harti majority (Gedo + Bari + SSC)
Coventry- Hawiye majority ( Cadaado)
Sheffield- Isaaq majority ( Hargeisa number 1)
Bristol- Isaaq majority ( Burco)
Cardiff- Isaaq majority ( Hargeisa number 2)
Leicester- Sade majority (Garbaharey)
Manchester- Somali cad cad (shaanshi) and Ogaden majority (Marka cadeey + Dhoobley)
Liverpool- Hawiye and Harti majority (Galmudug+ Puntland+ SSC)
Derby- Sade and Ogaden majority(Mini Kismaayo)
Luton- Mixed clans (no majority)
Nottingham- Hawiye and other Somalis majority (Afgooye)

Coventry, Sheffiel, Bristol, Cardiff, Leicester are the only cities in the UK were 1 clan is the only majority.

I was told by my friend that works for the council that the Somali population of UK for 2010 is estimated 250,000 which is massive. He also told me out of that 250,000 64.2% are unemployed and 35.8% are employed or self-employed.

There are over 1000 Somali businesses and communities all over the UK and over 500 Masjid owned by Somalis in the UK.

There are two Somali television network in the UK which are Universal TV and Somali Channel which are watched internationally. ( There used to be another two Somali channels which were Raad TV owned by Isaaq and Warsan TV owned by Majerteen and Hawiye but they went out of air because of economic problems)

Universal TV is owned by a Somali cadcad and the main headquarter is in East London.

Somali Channel is owned by 3 Marehan brothers and the main headquarter is in Birmingham.

We also concluded that Birmingham and Leicester are inhabited by religious Somalis and London is the least religious city.

Hope this statistic is useful for those that want to travel to the UK, live in the UK or wants to study in the UK. :mrgreen:

If I have made few mistakes correct me if you can.

If you have statistics of Somali people from the country you reside in, feel free to share it. :up:
:som: :som: :som: :som: :som: :som: :som:
Last edited by XimanJaale on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: The thought of gemini07 and her family getting rich sends chills down my spine

Re: Comparison of UK cities and Somali cities (statistics)

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:54 am

This was a very long and exquisite research, I appreciate the work. :)

I enjoy every qabiil-based topic and this one is definitely among my favorites. 8-)

Somalia indeed! :som:

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:56 am

This was a very long and exquisite research, I appreciate the work. :)

I enjoy every qabiil-based topic and this one is definitely among my favorites. 8-)

Somalia indeed! :som:
Thank you I just edited it again.

Executive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Executive » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:59 am

over 500 Masjid owned by Somalis in the UK.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:01 am

over 500 Masjid owned by Somalis in the UK.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its true, A masjid as in a Mosque + Madrassaha (duqsi classes)
If you have nothing good to say refrain from this thread,
Do you know that the UK is the number 1 Islamic western country?

Paddington Bear
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Paddington Bear » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:22 am

London- Mix clans (no majority) (Mogadishu from 1980’s) - Hmmm.

Birmingham- Sade and Harti majority (Gedo + Bari + SSC) - Rubbish.

Coventry- Hawiye majority ( Cadaado) - Hmmm.

Sheffield- Isaaq majority ( Hargeisa number 1) - Rubbish.

Bristol- Isaaq majority ( Burco) - Rubbish.

Cardiff- Isaaq majority ( Hargeisa number 2) - Rubbish.

Leicester- Sade majority (Garbaharey) - Hmmm.

Manchester- Somali cad cad (shaanshi) and Ogaden majority (Marka cadeey + Dhoobley) - Half a dozen families a majority do not make.

Liverpool- Hawiye and Harti majority (Galmudug+ Puntland+ SSC) - I strongly protest about this one. STRONGLY, you hear? :mrgreen:

Derby- Sade and Ogaden majority(Mini Kismaayo) - Two taxi drivers and a security guard.

Luton- Mixed clans (no majority) - A tiny town.

Nottingham- Hawiye and other Somalis majority (Afgooye) - A tiny number.

You missed good old Glasgow! :mrgreen:

djibsomali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby djibsomali » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:39 am

Can you just clarify that whatever rubish you wrote for birmingham does not have any merit!!

Maa xalay ayaad kuu riyootaay???

unless xalay anay 10 diyaradood oo sade iyoo harti sidaay anay soo deegiin where did you get your info???

There are more reer djibouti than sade plus harti oo laa iskuu daray!!

Horta wallahi i can of thinking that people that are scared of laangaabnimoo try to inflat numbers; i have never seen any hawiyeeh guy who goes around in somalinet or any where else trying to tell us hawiyeeh ayaa xalkaa deegaa iyoo hawiyeeh ayaa number baadaan!!
hadanaa hawiyeeh sidaa qashinkaa ayay meel kastaa uu deeganyahiin!!

Markaa maa anaa wallaan misseh hawiyeeh mabaa danayoo anigaa sidaan aaah iyoo anigaa intaa deegaa, iyoo awowgay muxuu kaa soo dulay iceland qarnigii 12th ???

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:56 am

In defense of this moron he did say Somali cities and not Djiboutian cities.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:59 am

London- Mix clans (no majority) (Mogadishu from 1980’s) - Hmmm.

Birmingham- Sade and Harti majority (Gedo + Bari + SSC) - Rubbish.

Coventry- Hawiye majority ( Cadaado) - Hmmm.

Sheffield- Isaaq majority ( Hargeisa number 1) - Rubbish.

Bristol- Isaaq majority ( Burco) - Rubbish.

Cardiff- Isaaq majority ( Hargeisa number 2) - Rubbish.

Leicester- Sade majority (Garbaharey) - Hmmm.

Manchester- Somali cad cad (shaanshi) and Ogaden majority (Marka cadeey + Dhoobley) - Half a dozen families a majority do not make.

Liverpool- Hawiye and Harti majority (Galmudug+ Puntland+ SSC) - I strongly protest about this one. STRONGLY, you hear? :mrgreen:

Derby- Sade and Ogaden majority(Mini Kismaayo) - Two taxi drivers and a security guard.

Luton- Mixed clans (no majority) - A tiny town.

Nottingham- Hawiye and other Somalis majority (Afgooye) - A tiny number.

You missed good old Glasgow! :mrgreen:
Glasgow I can't talk about cause I haven't been there :mrgreen:

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:03 am

Can you just clarify that whatever rubish you wrote for birmingham does not have any merit!!

Maa xalay ayaad kuu riyootaay???

unless xalay anay 10 diyaradood oo sade iyoo harti sidaay anay soo deegiin where did you get your info???

Horta wallahi i can of thinking that people that are scared of laangaabnimoo try to inflat numbers; i have never seen any hawiyeeh guy who goes around in somalinet or any where else trying to tell us hawiyeeh ayaa xalkaa deegaa iyoo hawiyeeh ayaa number baadaan!!
hadanaa hawiyeeh sidaa qashinkaa ayay meel kastaa uu deeganyahiin!!

Markaa maa anaa wallaan misseh hawiyeeh mabaa danayoo anigaa sidaan aaah iyoo anigaa intaa deegaa, iyoo awowgay muxuu kaa soo dulay iceland qarnigii 12th ???
Walaal trust me this data is very accurate I mean, I did live in the UK more than 10 years.

Regarding reer Jabuuti, the cisse tribe are low in the UK they mainly live in France and the Afar tribe I haven't seen one in the UK.

About Birmingham trust me there are loads of Sade and Harti people there, I mean look at the businesses and communities are owned by Sade and Harti, tell me one community or business owned by a Cisse or a anfar.

Btw I ain't hawiye I am Sade darood and I am not scared of Laangabnimo. :mrgreen:

RuralMan08
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby RuralMan08 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:05 am

Walaal trust me this data is very accurate I mean, I did live in the UK more than 10 years.

Regarding reer Jabuuti, the cisse tribe are low in the UK they mainly live in France and the Afar tribe I haven't seen one in the UK.

About Birmingham trust me there are loads of Sade and Harti people there, I mean look at the businesses and communities are owned by Sade and Harti, tell me one community or business owned by a Cisse or a anfar.

Btw I ain't hawiye I am Sade darood and I am not scared of Laangabnimo. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Reer Djibouti doesnt mean Cise or Canfar, there are more Gadabursi reer djibouti in london than cise and canfar combined :|

Latiifah
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Latiifah » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:08 am

Btw I ain't hawiye I am Sade darood and I am not scared of Laangabnimo. :mrgreen:
Reer Djibouti doesnt mean Cise or Canfar, there are more Gadabursi reer djibouti in london than cise and canfar combined :|[/quote]

He's talking about Somalis from Somalia and not Djibouti.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:11 am

Reer Djibouti doesnt mean Cise or Canfar, there are more Gadabursi reer djibouti in london than cise and canfar combined :|[/quote]

Jabuuti is a Cisse and Anfar country sxb, no point arguing. There are Isaaq and Gadabursi that live in Jabuuti but they are not reer Jabuuti more like Northern Somalis.

RuralMan08
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby RuralMan08 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:15 am

Jabuuti is a Cisse and Anfar country sxb, no point arguing. There are Isaaq and Gadabursi that live in Jabuuti but they are not reer Jabuuti more like Northern Somalis.
You are the product of a colonial master. Djibouti used to have a larger Gadabursi and Isaaq population than even the cisses, it was only just before independence was granted that the french brang 1/3 of all ciises from all areas to fill it up and make them the majority.

You have no knowledge of Djiboutian history so its wise for you to stay silent on this issue.

The reason why the French renamed Djibouti from "French Somaliland" to Territory of Afar and Issa was to eliminate the overwhelming power that the Somalis had as a united block in Djibouti.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:17 am

You are the product of a colonial master. Djibouti used to have a larger Gadabursi and Isaaq population than even the cisses, it was only just before independence was granted that the french brang 1/3 of all ciises from all areas to fill it up and make them the majority.

You have no knowledge of Djiboutian history so its wise for you to stay silent on this issue.
:up: ok brother, I know that there are more Gadabursi than Cisse but I used to think that Jabuuti was a cisse/anfar country. So Gadabursi have two countries Somalia and Jabuuti.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.