Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

River Dawa in Gedo

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
mudugawi
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

River Dawa in Gedo

Postby mudugawi » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:36 pm

hey guys, do any of you know any additional information about this river on the border of gedo's beledxaawo region with kenya. Gedo is blessed walahi, 2 permanent rivers in a dry area plus gold, gas/petroleum and other rich minerals. If only this region and other regions in the land could get rid of Al Sheytaan. This is what I managed to get from wikipedia:

Dawa River
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dawa River

Basin countries Ethiopia Kenya Somalia
The Dawa River is a perennial river in southeastern Ethiopia. Rising in the mountains east of Aleta Wendo, the Dawa flows south and east to join with the Ganale Dorya at the border with Somalia to become the Jubba. The river forms part of the Ethiopia–Kenya border and part of the Ethiopia–Somalia border.
The river valley is relatively wide, with gently sloping sides of exposed bedrock. The lower part flows through a valley which would be classed as a relatively young erosion cycle. Prospectors have found gold along the Dawa between the Awata and Kojowa tributaries. The titanium minerals rutile and ilmenite were found by geologists working for the Texas Africa Exploration Company in 1958.

Here is a youtube link about the dawa river in the Manheera region of Northeastern Kenya:

[youtube]J2odPbDI6qY&feature[/youtube]

qoraxeey
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: River Dawa in Gedo

Postby qoraxeey » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:34 am

what there more rivers in Gado :o

aniguu waxaan oga leeh Jubba ( aka ganaane)

udun
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby udun » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:18 am

what there more rivers in Gado :o

aniguu waxaan oga leeh Jubba ( aka ganaane)
I am moving to Gedo Qoraxeey. How about you?

qoraxeey
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby qoraxeey » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:25 pm

udun i wont move there to live .. i will just buy a house and land there like my grandaddy :lol: :lol:

it can be summer house camaal

abdirisak22
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Buurdhuubo - greater Gedo region of Somali republic.

Postby abdirisak22 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:47 am

45-50km of eastern bank of Dawa river is in Gedo from Malka harey to Dolloow, i assume its all Hawraarsame and rer Ahmed deggaan. it is a place where all contraband and shifta business is in progress 24/7. you dont have guts to go that area so dont even think about it.

ahmed yey

Postby ahmed yey » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:40 am

It is very peacefull ineed ,i would settle there inshaalah.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.