Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Foreign Al shabab members forecefully marry Somali woman

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Assisting the Mujahideen in Galgala to free their region

Foreign Al shabab members forecefully marry Somali woman

Postby Coeus » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:07 pm

Hundreds of children illegally came to birth in southern Somalia controlled by the Al-Shabaab militant group from 2008 to 2010, a new study shows.

A local independent journalists and human rights groups launched wider ground investigation and found that 1,480 children seen in areas controlled by the Al-Qaeda linked Islamist group of Al-Shabaab. Some of the children were born by mothers whose husbands fled the country for their safety.

"The man whom I gave birth the baby was a foreigner who forcefully married me. He was either Pakistani or Afghani. I don’t know his full name but I was told he was a martyr belonging to Al-Shabaab and called Abu-Salma." Sadia, 23 years old lady, said. She still lives a fearful area abundant by Al-Shabaab fighters.

"Four months ago, I have been told that Abu-Salma martyred. I saw his face only one time he showed me himself. He used to come at home in the nights only and goes before the Morning Prayer." Sadia said adding "I now fear of that Shabaab should again bring me another foreign fighter under the law of their family planning."

The report says Al-Shabaab administration ruled that all the women whose husbands are seen as enemy and fled the country for safety should be married to its fighters regardless of nationality.

"I have three children; two daughters and one son. Their father is away from the country because of the ongoing war. It happened that one day, after the Maqrib prayer around 7.00 o’clock local time, masked men of Al-Shabaab came to my house and told me that I was loved by one of their foreign fighters who came here for Jihad from thousands miles away. They said we will marry you to our brother and you should accept this. But with shocked, I answered, sorry I am married to the father of these children, but they replied to me that man has already became out of Islamic religion and we are aware of that he fled Kenya six months before so get ready tomorrow night for offer of marriage." A woman who asked not to be mentioned said.

The woman tried to escape but couldn’t afford because of heavy presence of Al-Shabaab fighters around the house.

"they came to me on the promised night and told that either of my father or my brother are not needed to be present at the wedding occasion. They said we have here the Sheikh that supposed to make the marriage. But after I and the man forcefully given to me used to talk and understand each other through body language as deaf people because his different language. And always he was masked and I never seen his face yet. He was a man from East Africa especially a Tanzanian and he could speak a broken Arabic language." The woman told Waagacusub.com

The report also estimates that Al-Shabaab militias in regions of Bay, Bakol and Lower Juba and partly Mogadishu live with 4,560 women by force as 55% of that women aged 14 – 25 years.

From 3 February 2009 to July 2010, up to 13 women were hanged to death in southern Somalia following their refusal over the illegal forced marriage with the foreign Al-Qaeda operatives fighting alongside Al-Shabaab militants as their bodies were thrown on the streets to intimidate the other girls not to disobey the order.

9 of the fathers were shot dead and the 10th was slaughtered by Al-Shabaab militias after they rejected that their daughters to be forcefully sleep with the foreign fighters.

The father of Ikraan, 18, studying in Imamu-Shafici Islamic school in Mogadishu, died of heart attack after he witnessed his daughter being dragged by Al-Shabaab men by force.

In an interview with Radio Mogadishu run by the current embattled government, the son of the dead father said his sister was later killed Al-Shabaab militiaman after she tried to escape.

The Al-Shabaab administration banned all the women in their areas from wearing bra and let the breasts remain on its nature as nearly daily, their militias stop around 150 girls walking alongside the roads and search through their breasts to ensure order. The bra is supposed to back up the leaning breasts.

"This is all about to make selection to younger women," a journalist in condition of anonymity said.

"We were four girls and stopped by Al-Shabaab militias. They started searching through our chest to make sure that we have bra on our breasts and let us free. The next day a group of Al-Shabaab men came to me willing to marry me to a foreign man. They did not go to the other three girls because they did survey on their breast and came to know that they weren’t as hard as mine." Simoon Saadaq who fled Mogadishu to Hargeysa, Somaliland for her safety said.

Al-Shabaab’s department of recording the Al-Qaeda men fighting in Somalia was quoted that the number of foreign Jihadists in southern Somalia reaches 1,861 fighters. Some of them do have two or their Somali wives like Fazul Abdallah, Al-Qaeda’s horn of Africa representative who has been living in Somalia for many years.

Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Foreign Al shabab members forecefully marry Somali woma

Postby Coeus » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Abohod ha wasan Al shabab :evil: :evil: , i cant believe the locals are just watching this happen! They should fight, even if it means their own death!!

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Abohod ha wasan Al shabab :evil: :evil: , i cant believe the locals are just watching this happen! They should fight, even if it means their own death!!
would u go and give up ur life fighting them?

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:19 pm

I find this story hard to believe along with the Bra whipping saga

Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Coeus » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:20 pm

If i lived there, i can say i would. Wallahi i would.

Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Coeus » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:21 pm

Its from Sunatimes, they publish Somali news.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:23 pm

If i lived there, i can say i would. Wallahi i would.
But u aren't willing to do so now

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:23 pm

Its from Sunatimes, they publish Somali news.
sunatimes does more creative writing then journalism

Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Coeus » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:24 pm

But u aren't willing to do so now
No...i have a feeling nobody would fight beside the "the new Isaaq guy" :|

Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Coeus » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:25 pm

sunatimes does more creative writing then journalism
Does it mean that the source is not credible?

Here judge for yourself: http://www.sunatimes.com/view.php?id=283

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Coeus,

I think u might be new to this, but take anything from Dahir Calasow and Waagacusub with a grain of salt.

Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Coeus » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:29 pm

Coeus,

I think u might be new to this, but take anything from Dahir Calasow and Waagacusub with a grain of salt.
I see, i will take that advice. :up:

However this story seems to be true enough for me, i mean its realistic with the numbers and all. I cant all be fake :?

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:32 pm

You really believe that there are 1,480 kids born out of these forced marriages with foreigners?

Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Coeus » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:35 pm

You really believe that there are 1,480 kids born out of these forced marriages with foreigners?
Its not impossible :P

Estarix
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Estarix » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:42 pm

A joke of an article what makes it worse aside with the farce stats that their using here are the grammar mistakes.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.