Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

did Amir nuur create identity called Harrari People?

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
somali_peninsula

did Amir nuur create identity called Harrari People?

Postby somali_peninsula » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:13 am

http://books.google.com/books?id=lgAUtq ... ur&f=false

Dimensions of Locality: Muslim Saints, Their Place and Space
By Georg Stauth, Samuli Schielke

in this book it says that emir nuur Mujahid ordered that all genealogies should be destroyed so that all inhabitants of harar could be considered equal.
and it says basically that amir nuur created the identity that is called harari people today.

so what do you think are we looking at assimilated Somalis into a identity that was created by amir nuur mujahid
and what could some of those lost and destroyed genealogies be you recon

BaasAbuur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Appealing for the release of Volkert van der Graaf.

Re: did Amir nuur create identity called Harrari People?

Postby BaasAbuur » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Yeah he did. Anyone who is a resident of the city(be they somali, oromo or habeshi) is classified as a harrari........

Talo alle udaa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Talo alle udaa » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:04 pm

May we see more Amiir Nuur's in our lifetime :up:

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:25 pm

May we see more Amiir Nuur's in our lifetime :up:
waa ina adeerkey, ilaahi ha uu naxristo. Viva beesha Ina Nuur ee Mareexaan. :up:

OliveOil
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: I walk this empty street on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Postby OliveOil » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:43 pm

Yeah he did. Anyone who is a resident of the city(be they somali, oromo or habeshi) is classified as a harrari........

Actually one of my best friends is a Harari with a Somali mother...she says that its an ethnic group. So I don't think what you are saying is true unless you are being sarcastic :?

St8OuttaDirree
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby St8OuttaDirree » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:05 am

The "Harari" is basicly anyone from Harar. Adaree the originals, are Muslim Axumites who migrated south.
Majority of todays Harari consist of Oromos and Somalis.

abdirisak22
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Buurdhuubo - greater Gedo region of Somali republic.

Postby abdirisak22 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:57 pm

The "Harari" is basicly anyone from Harar. Adaree the originals, are Muslim Axumites who migrated south.
I

When Iman Axmed Gurey was fighting with Sultan Abubakar of Harer, the first people who aided Axmed Gurey were people who lived south of Harer and they were muslim people called Ballaw who originated Tigray.

Ballaw are Kushitic people who live in far north of Erithrea, i believe they are Bilan people of today.

Somalis were majority in Harar since late 19 century when Egyptian-Turkey Othaman took over the region, one time they massacred all somalis in Harar for refusing to pay tax. The 5000 strong Egypto-Turki soldiers screwed every native girl in Harar and new breed of light skin Hararis came into the scene.
But dont forget Oromo factor as well.

St8OuttaDirree
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby St8OuttaDirree » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:34 pm

I

When Iman Axmed Gurey was fighting with Sultan Abubakar of Harer, the first people who aided Axmed Gurey were people who lived south of Harer and they were muslim people called Ballaw who originated Tigray.

Ballaw are Kushitic people who live in far north of Erithrea, i believe they are Bilan people of today.

Somalis were majority in Harar since late 19 century when Egyptian-Turkey Othaman took over the region, one time they massacred all somalis in Harar for refusing to pay tax. The 5000 strong Egypto-Turki soldiers screwed every native girl in Harar and new breed of light skin Hararis came into the scene.
But dont forget Oromo factor as well.
The bilen are somewhat new to Eritrea, they are agews from the gondere area.Ballaaws are Bedawi Bejas.

My friend, the people of Harar are decsendents of Axumites. The darker Hararis, are those sad self-hating Oromo and Somalis.
Hararghe province was populated by Muslim semites who were related to the Habesha but were muslim, not the Somali. majority of the population, Hararis, Argobba, Harala, Silt'e, Gurage people, and other muslim habeshas lived in this area.
Somalis were high in number in the eastern area of hararghe.

Gara Man
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Gara Man » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Somalis overvalue the accomplishments of Amir nur.

The original inhabitants of this called land haraghe or even in other surrounding areas are not Harari or adere but a savage band of black barbarians, as described in book written by arabs in the 1100's that reside in Harar somewhere. The adere know this and have successfully kept it hidden, because if brought forth might point the adere were migrators of this land and not the originals there inside harar or outside of it like they claim.

Those native black barbarians must of been of the Maya or Harlas.

abdirisak22
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby abdirisak22 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Well, lets be honest and fair about this subject:

During Iman axmed Gurey strugle against sultan Abubakar it is clear the most Somalis tribes were not on his side. except Gerri people, the Marehans and Habar Maqdi were sworn enemies of the imam Axmed and they were clearly sided with Sultaan of Harar However as the imam became victorious the Somalis joined the Jihad,

Harla: which i believe was Afar people wholeheartedly supported Imam Axmed and Sultan of Harla nation was Imam Axmed's maternal uncle so we at least know Axmed mother was not Somali but Harla.

The ancient names of that region which was Adal & Ifat both those names are being retained by Afar people which call themselves Adals and Ifat is Afar region near Awash valley.

Tha core of Adere people is Muslem habasha highlanders or people referred as Jabartis in Ethiopian highland and rest must be self loving Somali-Oromo forks as someone said earlier.

There is no mention Oromo people were among warring parties except Maya which is under Arsi federation today.

abdirisak22
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby abdirisak22 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Somalis overvalue the accomplishments of Amir nur.

The original inhabitants of this called land haraghe or even in other surrounding areas are not Harari or adere but a savage band of black barbarians, as described in book written by arabs in the 1100's that reside in Harar somewhere. The adere know this and have successfully kept it hidden, because if brought forth might point the adere were migrators of this land and not the originals there inside harar or outside of it like they claim.

Those native black barbarians must of been of the Maya or Harlas.
Well, well Gara man

even today Arabs would call you and i a savage band of black berberians, he must been writing about a same people who claim today they are originated from Arabia. what sad story.

St8OuttaDirree
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby St8OuttaDirree » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:25 pm

During Iman axmed Gurey strugle against sultan Abubakar it is clear the most Somalis tribes were not on his side. except Gerri people, the Marehans and Habar Maqdi were sworn enemies of the imam Axmed and they were clearly sided with Sultaan of Harar However as the imam became victorious the Somalis joined the Jihad,

Harla: which i believe was Afar people wholeheartedly supported Imam Axmed and Sultan of Harla nation was Imam Axmed's maternal uncle so we at least know Axmed mother was not Somali but Harla.

The ancient names of that region which was Adal & Ifat both those names are being retained by Afar people which call themselves Adals and Ifat is Afar region near Awash valley.

Tha core of Adere people is Muslem habasha highlanders or people referred as Jabartis in Ethiopian highland and rest must be self loving Somali-Oromo forks as someone said earlier.

There is no mention Oromo people were among warring parties except Maya which is under Arsi federation today.
There are Maya clans in todays hararghe, but not big clans. They are subsubsub clans.

Overall, the people in the Hararghe province are most likly to be remnants of the people of Adal yesterday.
Among the Oromo, we have Argobbas who take oromo clan names, Somalis, Afar, and others. Many of us are descendants of these people.
Me knowing this is because my family originally come from 2 ethnic groups, who lived in this area for a long time but are Oromo today.

Archerr
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: I think you are standing under me If you don't under-stand me.

Postby Archerr » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:29 pm

my family originally come from 2 ethnic groups
what was their name?

Gara Man
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Gara Man » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:18 am

I am talking prior to Imam Ahmed's existence!

Harla is not afar. Adere people like to claim they are harla, thus native to hararghe but thats false. They try to say that harla were the ancient muslims of this land but i believe they were non muslim pagans. efforts are being done to try link past cities of old and ancient muslim archeological finding with harlas but i disagree. I believe those the muslim related findings are do the old arab population that existed here which goes with my belief that arabs made harar not the aderes. the old arab population can be linked with the argobas since really the argobas are arabs!
Ar-go-ba really is the name amharas gave them which is really arab-ba. Argoba is like equivalent to mowlad.

Harla could be the precursor of this land and the stock that easterners are represented in. That meaning harlas are evident in somalis(Issa), Afars, and eastern Oromos.

As for adere they are clearly christian axumities that adopted Islam beacause of arabs establishment of harar. And the Maya are also evident that they are also are native haraghe. There are clear manuscripts accounting the maya in harar.

abdirisak22
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby abdirisak22 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:55 pm

I guess what some peoples saying are all credit is due to Arabs and Kushites are not creative nation, even when they built the greatest civilizations that world ever known like Sumeria whom their langeuge sounds like Oromo, Egypt was Somali origin, Kush was Beja, Axume and Saba were Saba-kushite nation.
when we deny our own achievement and history it is self defeating thinking. Arabs never had dominated horn of Africa, the people who lived in Harar and Zayla were more educated about Islam then Arabs.
Orgoba was more wild than Maya, Xarla and Somal

When kid beats up another kid Somali mother would say " boy! you are as mindless killer as Orgoba" when i was young i dearly believed Orgobo was cannibal nation but later on i found out the poor Orgobos were eaten alive by Oromo an Amhara and they were victims not cannibals that gave me a lot of sleepless nights.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.