Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponzi schemes and somalis

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Ponzi schemes and somalis

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Alpha, adeer, I must admit that I don't like the new "wadaads" who in my opinion do not have the pedagogical skills and a religious assets that on wisdom. You see son, in the good old days it took alot to become a wadaad; you engaged in a lo ng learning processes and became Macalim, xir and after years of knowledge accumulation, you became a sheikh. What you have nowadays are thugs, warlords, murderers etc who call themselves widaads. So, in a sense you are right. I don't like them. But, this thread has nothing to do with my dislike for them. It is about a contemporary phenomenon that is making our people poor.

Metamorphosis, the problem is when salesmen use religious arguments. The Dubai real estate bubble was blessed by wadaads.

Prince Daadi, Dalsan was a particular case of Ponzi scheme. A few thugs met (many of them gardhuubs) and decided to lure innocent somalis to put their savings. Have you visited Nairobi? The footprints of Dalsan is everywhere. Qaran is the latest.
Are you saying the Dubai real estate bubble was not a ponzi scheme? A ponzi scheme does not need to continue for awhile. It is enough to call something a ponzi scheme if the underlying model is deciet and that what the Dubai cases, the Dalsan cases illustrate.

Blackvelvet: I do mistrust the new sheikhs. It seems anyone can call himself a sheikh. Walaahi, on 6th street in Eastleigh, there is this well known preacher who was a front figure in the Dalsan scheme; romour has it that he made hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Advocate,
Sideey ku dhamaatay arrintaasi? did you fall for it?

Dr. Yalaxow;
Anigan dr yalaxoow 2006 ayaa mid shiikh isku famil nahay ii yimid wuxuu u yiri. buy a share of coming building project in Nairobi. singel share coasts 30 000 dollars. waxaa la dhisayaa sar 6 dabaq ah. markii ay dhamaatana every share wuxuu bil waliba qaadanayaa 700 dollars.

marka 2006 ayaan shiikhii garka weeynaa ee isku familka aheeyn qaainkaas 30 000 dollar lacag aan habeen iyo maalin u hurdo beelay aruurinteeda extra hours shaqo ah ayaan u dhiibtay.

gurigii 6 dabaq ahaa central nairobi ayaa laga dhisay. 2008 ayey first time yiraahdeen daartan waa ku qasaarnay. sidoo loo maleeynayey ma noqon. every share will only get 250 dollar anigoo yaaban. 2008 inay lacagta ay balan qaaden inay bixinayaan bilaabi doonaan ayaan u maleeyey. nasiib xumo. no money 2008. not even 2009. dhamaadkii sanadkii 2010 ayaa la ii soo wacay waxaa la igu yiri. your share provit of this year 2010 is 200 dollars i ask them where is the money from 2008 and 2009. they said to me those years they were paying deeman lagu lahaa sidaa darteed qof wax la siiyey ma jirto.

2011 ayaan waxaan isku dayey inaan my origninal 30 000 soo ceshado. walaahi ilaa iyo hadda from diseembar 2011 ilaa iyo hadda lacagteeydii originalkii xitaa 5000 dollar ka iska qaateen kaliya 25000 hadii aan ka heli lahaa nacalada GARARKA WAAWEEYN tuugada ah.
War ninyahow waad dhacantahay! Why didn't you inform the authorities?
Last edited by Lamagoodle on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AgentOfChaos
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AgentOfChaos » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Interesting.

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:14 pm

sxb the authorities aan uga dacwoodo maa jirto? Islii ayuu degan yahay midka sharesna laga aruursaday. :lol: kenya maa authorities ka jirto.

Wallaahi waa magac ilaaheey. that wadaad dude. actually hes very close juffo hoosaas my clan. like that jews guy in newyork who schemed hes yahuud ilmo adeero.

this wadaad guy first me only one share(30k) and my big brother( 60 k) waxaan tiriyey 8 people some of them 4 shares ayey iibsadeen. 2006 only in sweden dadkuu lacagta ka aruuriyey waa 50 people ugu yaraan more than million dollar ayuu ka aruuriyey sweden qaasatan jufo hoosaadka aan ka dhashay isagana ka dhashay. UK waxaan maqlay 3 million calaa ku xaal nimankii waxba kama soo socdo.8 qafood xaafado aan deganahay 2006 waqtigii maxkamadaha( wadaadoos biggest time) hal qof oo last 5 years wax helay ma jirto. xitaa markii lacagta iga qaadayey waxaa leeyga qaaday every month you get 700 dollars.

i ask them will i waite yearly payment or? they said no noo every person will be paid monthly hes or her 700 dollar per share. saaxiib sanad sanad ma jiro bil waliba ayaa la kala baxayaa( yaa akhii baaraka allah) intaas waa la sii raacsiinaa.

anyway iam victim of ponzi scheme qof looga dacwoodana ma leh walaahi. qori maa qaataa sxb. dad ayaa 4 share min 30 k ka qaman tahay 120 k.
marka walaahi nimankaas wali waa wadaan ponzi. universal tv wali waxaa laga xayeeysiiyaa animated houses waxaana xayeeysiinaya aw gar weeyne( surwaal gaaboow) :lol: :down:

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Dr. Yalaxow, yes, it is often an affinity crime; they approach their relatives first and create trust. That is what Maddof did in the USA. His victims were mainly jews.

Waxaan u maleeynaayey inuu kula degan yahay Sweden.

Waa arrin naxdin leh walaahi. Dubai islaamo badan oo masaakiin ah ayaa laga gaday guryo aan dhisneeyn. Qaarna waxaa laga gaday guri dhisan and they are in shit.

Universal TV wuuu fahmay. Waxaan maqlay in lacag la siyo markii aay wadaada u fasaxaan inaay lacag "misaajid" lagu dhiso aruurinayaa. One of the guys who collects money and I were good friends in the old days; shaam shaam ayaan isla ahayn :lol: :lol:

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:30 pm

ninkaas wuxuu deganaa asalkiisa UK. wuxuu africa u guuray 2003kii. baasaboor UK ayuu wataa. maanta waa multi millionare waliba gar weeyn ayaa la leeyahay wadaad xitaa iminka madiina ayuu degan yahay. islii iyo madiina ayuu u dhaxeeyaa.

2006 waqtigii wadaadada ugu jirtay ayey aheeyd . waqtigii maxaakiimta. millions ayuu aruuriyey. ninkaas kaligiisna maaha waa koox 2 guri ayey dhiseen aniga sharekeeygii sar 6 dabaq ayey ku jirtaa. from 2008 ilaa iyo hadda shilin kama haayo. waliba si cad leeyma dhihin lacagtaadii waa luntay. waxay i yiraahdeen kaliya Share(kaaga ma sii iibin karno qof rabtaa ma jirto) marka micnaha waa sarta ay dhiseen inta yar ka soo baxda iyagaa ku baashaala. lacagtiina majorty lacagtii ay aruuriyeen mar hore ayey kala qeybsadeen.

marka wax la sameeyn karo ma jirto. i almost forget that money walaahi. waa runtaa DUBAI dadkii iibsadey apartment oo universal tv laga xayeeysiin jiray dad kala baxay 100 thousend k for animated 4 rooms apartment even naag booyaaso ah iyo masaajid animated ah iyo aadaanka aad maqleysid dhamaan magic ayaa hadda walaahi waxba heeynin iska samray. marka PONZI scheme soomaalida si xun ayuu noo galay the authorities aan uga dacwoonana oo taqaan arintan ama magac soomaali ah(ponzi) ma jiro. xitaa dadka somaalida ma yaqaanaan arintan inay tahay wax dunida caan ka ah.

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:36 pm

Dr
Universal TV wuuu fahmay. Waxaan maqlay in lacag la siyo markii aay wadaada u fasaxaan inaay lacag "misaajid" lagu dhiso aruurinayaa. One of the guys who collects money and I were good friends in the old days; shaam shaam ayaan isla ahayn :lol: :lol:

hadda leeyn cusub ayaa socda oo new wadaado lacag ku aruursadaan waa leeynka charity aruurinta lacaga saddaqah live tv. universal TV does it. somali channel almost every night does it. all other channels. and 90% of the callers to the tv station is Somali women. masaakiin ah. xitaa Somali channel they were collecting dahabka hooyooyinka somaliyeed.( walaallo janadii misaanka allaha kuu saaro yaa bixiya rubuc dahab ah qiimahiisa baarak allah ) aaa
walaahi every night. this is just another way inay dadka masaakiinta magacooda lacag lagu xado.

wadaaaad :clap: :clap:

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Dittore,
Ciyaarta ayaay fahmeen. Waxaay ogaadeen in naagaha aay lacag bixiyaan. Reerka ayaay isku dirayaan. Anigu Universal TV ma fiirsado badanaaba laakin muddo laba bilood laga joogo ayaan guri soomali tagay; waxaan arkay barnaamij "call in"; sheikh af minshaar ah ayaa daadahinaayey barnaamijka; islaamo ayaa soo wacayey; waxuu ku yiri mid; haddii aad 1000 pound dhiibtid waad janno tageeysay.... :lol: It was like auditioning for paradise; He seem to promise all of them Janah

SOM1960
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby SOM1960 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:12 am

sxb the authorities aan uga dacwoodo maa jirto? Islii ayuu degan yahay midka sharesna laga aruursaday. :lol: kenya maa authorities ka jirto.

Wallaahi waa magac ilaaheey. that wadaad dude. actually hes very close juffo hoosaas my clan. like that jews guy in newyork who schemed hes yahuud ilmo adeero.

this wadaad guy first me only one share(30k) and my big brother( 60 k) waxaan tiriyey 8 people some of them 4 shares ayey iibsadeen. 2006 only in sweden dadkuu lacagta ka aruuriyey waa 50 people ugu yaraan more than million dollar ayuu ka aruuriyey sweden qaasatan jufo hoosaadka aan ka dhashay isagana ka dhashay. UK waxaan maqlay 3 million calaa ku xaal nimankii waxba kama soo socdo.8 qafood xaafado aan deganahay 2006 waqtigii maxkamadaha( wadaadoos biggest time) hal qof oo last 5 years wax helay ma jirto. xitaa markii lacagta iga qaadayey waxaa leeyga qaaday every month you get 700 dollars.

i ask them will i waite yearly payment or? they said no noo every person will be paid monthly hes or her 700 dollar per share. saaxiib sanad sanad ma jiro bil waliba ayaa la kala baxayaa( yaa akhii baaraka allah) intaas waa la sii raacsiinaa.

anyway iam victim of ponzi scheme qof looga dacwoodana ma leh walaahi. qori maa qaataa sxb. dad ayaa 4 share min 30 k ka qaman tahay 120 k.
marka walaahi nimankaas wali waa wadaan ponzi. universal tv wali waxaa laga xayeeysiiyaa animated houses waxaana xayeeysiinaya aw gar weeyne( surwaal gaaboow) :lol: :down:

Thats really bad, is there a way you can get back your money? did they build the houses? Odayaal ma laga dhacwoon kara sii somalinimo ama dowlada kenya??

I know 4 ladies that bought land to build a hotel in dubai and lost everything :down:

Cinque Mtume
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cinque Mtume » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:40 am

:shock: si xun baa lagu galey, adiga iyo walaalkaaba, ma albaabkasta garaacdid to get your money back, see waaye? War waxaan caadi maahan ninyahow. Dad kaa baxsan karo na maahan, ee waa tolkaage.

Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twist » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:48 am

Bloody hell! That's a lot of money! :shock: You know 30K can buy you a house in some states in the US now?

I don't know why Maryooleys want invest in Africa & the Middle East that much. Anyone who has got some money in their savings, the best time to buy property in the US is now. Foreclosed house are as cheap as chips.

zingii
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zingii » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:10 am

Go back and isbaaaro hordhigo dabaqa.

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:50 am

guys i was trying inaan lacagteyda soo ceshado from 2011 ilaa hadda . first yes they built 5 floor building in nairobi oo bussinies dukaaman laga furi lahaa. laakiin what i hear was 80% of the bulding waa empty sababtoo ah waxay ka dhiseen meel central townka u dhaw oo aan cidla imaan. lacagteyda soo celi markaan dhahay waxay i yiraahdee we will try to sell your share to the people who want to buy. but year later wax shares oo aad dad kale ka sii iibiyeen ma jirto sababtoo ah sarta ay dhiseen everybody knows waa sar aan waxb qiimo ah laheeyn.

nairobi walaalkeey ayaa ugu tagay isagaa gacmo maran ayuuna ka soo laabtay. marka samir iyo imaan ilamaha aha inay rajo jirto laakiin inshalah i will try to get back even 50% of original money. :up:

dont trust surwaal gaab and wadaad people :down: lacag haddii aad heeysataan waxaa idiin fiican inaad idinka ku baashaashaan intii ah wadaad iyo beenloow fake investment ay lacagtaada ku baashaali lahaayeen.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:00 am

Dr. Yalaxoowbow,
The problem is that alot of somalis have capital which they want to invest. The logic is simple; they want yields that will see them through retirement, help their offsprings etc. They listen to wadaads who tell them that interest rates/investing in stocks are xaaram; these weirdos (sorry Alpha- I hate them with passion) will not call for an end to welfare, marriages of conviniences etc; they cannot buy a home in the diaspora because their money flow from social security will cease. SO, the only option is to invest in sinister endeavours.

In other words, double standards. It is like BAQTIGA MA CUNI EE FUUDKIISAAN CABAA

My suggestion is that you invest in broad portfolios; blue chips, utility stocks, retirement funds and more importantly in a home in your town.

Buying a home in Africa and the middle east is not a good investment; developing countries in general have weak institutions which do not guarantee property rights.

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:06 am

You have a lot of hate for "shaykhs"/"wadaads"/anyone who appears pious and seem to include them in nearly every rant. Interesting.
Nothing new there. He is another member of the shifty brigade still in the closet.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:08 am

You have a lot of hate for "shaykhs"/"wadaads"/anyone who appears pious and seem to include them in nearly every rant. Interesting.
Nothing new there. He is another member of the shifty brigade still in the closet.
What are you talking about?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.