Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Diamond League: Mo Farah wins 5,000m in Oregon

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:10 am

Britain's Mo Farah says he is targeting the 10,000m at the London Olympics and will wait to see how he feels before deciding whether to go for a double in the 5,000m.
"I am going to run the 10,000 for sure because it is the first race," said 5,000m world champion Farah after winning the 5,000 at the Diamond League's Prefontaine Classic in Oregon.
"I will see how I feel after that. It depends how I come off in the 10,000. I would like to be fresh and not have any niggles."
Continue reading the main story

The crowd got behind me. I was really pleased. It was awesome

Mo Farah
Farah's time of 12 minutes 56.98 seconds in the US was the fastest in the world this year and easily beat the defending Olympic champion, Ethiopia's Kenenisa Bekele, who finished in fourth place.
Kenya's Isaiah Koech came second with American Galen Rupp in third.
Farah's time was the second fastest he has ever run over 5,000m and broke the Eugene meeting record.
"The crowd got behind me. I was really pleased. It was awesome," said the 29-year-old Farah.
"It was kind of an up and down pace. I started reasonably good then slowed down in the middle and then towards the end I picked it up again.
"The conditions were a little windy today so I wasn't as perfect as what I wanted. But at the end of the day, I think the most important thing was to get a win under my belt."
Despite having won silver in the 10,000m as well as 5,000m gold at the World Championships in Daegu, South Korea, last year, Farah insisted he would not save anything for the 5,000m which comes seven days later in the Olympic schedule this summer.
Analysis

Steve Cram
BBC athletics commentator
"It's a confidence-boosting win [for Farah]. It was a solid last 1,000m. It's a message to everybody, saying 'I'm still fast'."

"I'll definitely put my eggs in one basket," he said. "You can't be thinking that you want a double."
Bekele, who is recently back from a calf problem, produced a season's best of 13:01.48 but it was not enough to seriously threaten the Briton.
Earlier, America's 2004 Athens gold medallist Justin Gatlin won the 100m in 9.90 seconds - despite a sluggish start - and remains unbeaten this season.
In the 110m hurdles, Britain's world bronze medallist Andy Turner came last, despite the fact that his time of 13.46 seconds was inside the Olympic A standard.
There was disappointment for Holly Bleasdale in the pole vault as she could only manage to clear 4.28m to finish seventh.
Barbara Parker ran a new British record of 9:24.24 to finish fourth in the 3,000m steeplechase, bettering Helen Clitheroe's four-year-old mark of 9:29.14, set at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Anguilla-born Briton Shara Proctor won the long jump with a leap of 6.84m, a new outdoor personal best. Proctor, the world indoor bronze medallist, moved up to fifth in the world rankings this season.
Phillips Idowu had less joy in the triple jump after he withdrew from the competition following three jumps. The world silver medallist pulled out after fouling his third attempt and had to settle for third with a best of 17.05m.

Tiburon
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Diamond League: Mo Farah wins 5,000m in Oregon

Postby Tiburon » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:19 am

good :up:

CaliBurco
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliBurco » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:39 am

:clap: :clap:

InaTaKar

Postby InaTaKar » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:46 am

:down: :down: :down: With shaydaan Flag.. UUFF

miskeen86
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby miskeen86 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:51 pm

Britain's Mo Farah
why he call himself Mo? is he afraid to use Mohamed as his name?

Alchemist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alchemist » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:09 pm

:up:

Saraxnow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Saraxnow » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:47 pm

He did the M celebration move :lol:

Mabrook :up:

Alchemist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alchemist » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:54 pm

He did the M celebration move :lol:

Mabrook :up:
:lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.