Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What the deal with the SNM/USC relationship

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Calibesteen
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: What the deal with the SNM/USC relationship

Postby Calibesteen » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Caydiiid was a Lion, a mujaahid. The man who Afwweyne desperately wanted on his team but Caydiid was a man of honor. He was a man of his word and he said he could not accept the injustice the regime of Afwweyne was causing and he surely dismantled them and made them flee. Only a lion can do that.

Takbiiir, Allaaaaaahu Akbar!

The sons of Irir hunting faqash. Allaaaahuu Akbar :stylin: :stylin:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Was aidiid on SNM's ceeb or something?

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:13 pm

is it true aidiid died leading his men into battle? if so, he was very brave and should be respected for that :up:
The title of the thread says otherwise.
Agent,

Well put.

Herndon,

You know very little about AIdid (AUN). He was a man way ahead of his time and a reluctant warrior. If he had the same level of hatred as his opponents, there would have been a true genocide in Somalia.

herndonhomer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby herndonhomer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:19 pm

is it true aidiid died leading his men into battle? if so, he was very brave and should be respected for that :up:
Agent,

Well put.

Herndon,

You know very little about AIdid (AUN). He was a man way ahead of his time and a reluctant warrior. If he had the same level of hatred as his opponents, there would have been a true genocide in Somalia.
AW i was actually waiting for your response since its prob the most informative on the topic. And why do you have to say stuff like you say in the third sentence man it sounds like you are an advocate of aidid genocide :| If what happened in xamar in 91 wasn't genocide then i dont know what is. Also, can you belive I am related to aidiid through marriage? :lol: i know plenty about him

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Hernodon,

Rwanda was a genocide, 800,000 liquidated in 40 days. Somalia was not. The bombing of Hargeisa was genocide. Xamar was not. If Aidid had meted out the same kind of punishment on the enemies of the revolution he would have been the uncontested leader of Somalia. He was way too merciful. In fact, he was a liberal and not the first choice to lead the USC.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:28 pm

hern,
in that case AW is ur seedi :ufdup:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:30 pm

hern,
in that case AW is ur seedi :ufdup:
And you are about to be mine soo duceey :lol:

herndonhomer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby herndonhomer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Hernodon,

Rwanda was a genocide, 800,000 liquidated in 40 days. Somalia was not. The bombing of Hargeisa was genocide. Xamar was not. If Aidid had meted out the same kind of punishment on the enemies of the revolution he would have been the uncontested leader of Somalia. He was way too merciful. In fact, he was a liberal and not the first choice to lead the USC.
See when you say things like that again your character comes into question. you are a respected member of the forum dont advocate murder!! At least 25k people died in xamar in 91. My family even tells me they remember the mooryan coming in their combat vehicles asking us what tribe we are :| that is typical of a genocide. in fact I am very lucky to be alive and posting on this forum in general.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:38 pm

Hernodon,

In Hargeisa, and Mudug, civilians who were unarmed were gathered up and massacred. In Aidid's Mudug, nearly 2,000 unarmed boys and men were killed in just 1 week. They were not USC nor did they even realize that they were going to be killed by the regime's army. After the massacres of 1989, Aidid was forced to quit as Ambassador to India.

I am not advocating murder but neither will I let allegations go unchallenged. If brutality is to be measured it should start from the beginning. The regime started the massacres of innocents in Somalia. Even in Xamar, in the weeks leading up to the revolution, the regime went around gathering nonDarood elders and massacred them. When the USC entered town, the regime started shelling predominately Hawiye areas. So it was the regime that wanted a Darood vs. Hawiye war.

AgentOfChaos
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AgentOfChaos » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:39 pm

herndonhomer:

That's more like tribal cleansing, but I know where you're coming from.

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby barbarossa » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:43 pm

Agent,

Well put.

Herndon,

Right you are, Senhor Abdiwahab. By relating the unbiased account of you uncle Aideed's role in the Somalia's bloody civil war of 90's, you have once again, further solidified your image here in the Snet as a man of unparalleled integrity and honesty. Please, do never let it up, and continue to be voice of reason and the champion of this most worthy of causes.

eliteSomali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eliteSomali » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Dadka dhintay iska dhaafa.

herndonhomer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby herndonhomer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Hernodon,

In Hargeisa, and Mudug, civilians who were unarmed were gathered up and massacred. In Aidid's Mudug, nearly 2,000 unarmed boys and men were killed in just 1 week. They were not USC nor did they even realize that they were going to be killed by the regime's army. After the massacres of 1989, Aidid was forced to quit as Ambassador to India.

I am not advocating murder but neither will I let allegations go unchallenged. If brutality is to be measured it should start from the beginning. The regime started the massacres of innocents in Somalia. Even in Xamar, in the weeks leading up to the revolution, the regime went around gathering nonDarood elders and massacred them. When the USC entered town, the regime started shelling predominately Hawiye areas. So it was the regime that wanted a Darood vs. Hawiye war.
Im not a fan of measuring brutality at all. Injustice happened on all sides. BUt people on this forum do not recognize the injustices that happened in xamar in 91. Many people were killed in hargeisa and mudug and MJ peoples. But there is almost a code of silence for the injustices that happened to other darood people on this forum :| I HATE THAT. Also AW, I ask you if you were a authoratative dictator, how would you respond to people questioning your rule and creating rebel movements? It's a situation that leaves with no choice but to shed blood

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Hernodon,

If I was an authoritarian dictator, I would resort to whole scale civil warfare against my people. It makes no sense at all. I would realize when it is time to walk away.

Gantaal05
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gantaal05 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Caydiiid was a Lion, a mujaahid. The man who Afwweyne desperately wanted on his team but Caydiid was a man of honor. He was a man of his word and he said he could not accept the injustice the regime of Afwweyne was causing and he surely dismantled them and made them flee. Only a lion can do that.

Takbiiir, Allaaaaaahu Akbar!

The sons of Irir hunting faqash. Allaaaahuu Akbar :stylin: :stylin:

caydiid was bastard look at his people they dont have money
they are nothing in Somalia politically useless, f-king psychological sadistic Blood thirty war monger and the dumbest 'general' in
somali history.
:ufdup:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Gantaal,

WIthout him you would be sniffing glue and begging for change in Garowe instead of surfing in comfort in the developed world.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.