Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My pledge to abandon tribalism

Nolosha Qofka Muslimka Ah

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

My pledge to abandon tribalism

Postby grandpakhalif » Tue May 28, 2013 7:01 pm

Indeed tribalism is an evil that cost me alot of worry and effort for what? Will my tribe save me in my grave? Abusing other tribes in order to "uphold" the honor of your own holds no benefit, nor does partaking in chestbeating contests increase you in rank in the sight of Allah.

From here on out, I promise to abandon tribalism and be part of Beesha ISLAM.

Inshallah, it will be a long and arduous proccess but I will succeed just as I defeated the wretched herb. :eat:

DANGIRL
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: My pledge to abandon tribalism

Postby DANGIRL » Tue May 28, 2013 7:03 pm

:pac:

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Tue May 28, 2013 7:06 pm

:pac:
DANGIRL, you are more than welcome in Somlia it is not my land it is God's. :stylin:

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Tue May 28, 2013 7:07 pm

I also support ONLF, god give them victory

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Tue May 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Lol, I put my money on a few hours.

Talo alle udaa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Talo alle udaa » Tue May 28, 2013 7:21 pm

This is a welcome step, especially since you have made your personal objective to consistently attack certain people for reasons I could not understand.
This is also a good timing, considering the holy month is up on us.

btw, change your signature

SANDIEGUY
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SANDIEGUY » Tue May 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Masha Allah bro :up:

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Tue May 28, 2013 8:51 pm

This is a welcome step, especially since you have made your personal objective to consistently attack certain people for reasons I could not understand.
Brother I was utterly shocked when I read that the preIslamic Arabs used to have a saying

"Support your brother whether he is the oppressor or the oppresed"

ie support your clan whether he is just or injust, whether he kills or is being killed. Aren't we somalis following the wretched behavior of preislamic Quraish? :mindblown:

Tribalism is truly a sick disease.

btw, change your signature[/quote]

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Tue May 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Says the guy with a odd eternal vendetta against Majerteens.

Talo alle udaa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Talo alle udaa » Tue May 28, 2013 10:09 pm

GP, I always knew you are a good kid at heart, even the long sermons on how certain clans are "xabashi" servants along with Hutuking.

Sxb, it's difficult to rise above tribalism, especially on a web portal such as this one. I would first try not saying negative things like blanketed statements, since this is danbi.

Ultimately, if you wan't to quit something, you have to leave it's gathering.

afisoone
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: We all want to become president even though Amisom controls Mogadishu

Postby afisoone » Wed May 29, 2013 9:06 am

Yes we are all in Beesha Islam. That is our way...

Vengeance

Postby Vengeance » Wed May 29, 2013 9:24 am

I doubt you will ever abondom trabalism. Howerver, if you are sincere about your claims, what do you have to say to the beesha Majeerteen considering your were extremely unpleasant to them.One recongnizes his mistakes, asks for forgiveness and repents. That is how it goes.

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Wed May 29, 2013 9:26 am

Im sorry beesha majeerteen, indeed I was very harsh and rude against you. I even hated my ownself as I am 1/4 MJ blood in me I beg for your forgiveness.

zamindawari

Postby zamindawari » Fri May 31, 2013 2:02 am

Brother I was utterly shocked when I read that the preIslamic Arabs used to have a saying

"Support your brother whether he is the oppressor or the oppresed"

ie support your clan whether he is just or injust, whether he kills or is being killed. Aren't we somalis following the wretched behavior of preislamic Quraish? :mindblown:

Tribalism is truly a sick disease.
Surely it is a disease and a plague, an ideological plague, because it is contagious. Like all plagues, we must be vigilant in containing and exterminating it wherever we find it. And there is no better place to begin than within ourselves. May Allah ta'ala reward you for your sincere efforts in this struggle. And certainly asabiyyah (tribalism, nationalism, ethno-centrism) is among the worst traits of mankind because this is one of the traits embedded in our base human nature that draws us away from the haqq and the light of Islam and towards the batil and towards this dunya. This asabiyyah is prevalent and has extensive history in Pashtun society, infact the entire society is based around it and I suspect the same may be for Somalis. This is a problem for all of mankind though. In the West, we see asabiyyah take the form of nationalism where the nation-state is elevated above all else and assumes the position of an idol. But when do our tribes assume the position of taghut? When we elevate them, in importance and in relevance, above our Creator (SWT) and his deen; when we find ourselves giving them a greater or more frequent consideration in matters of decision-making than we give to Islam and the commands of Allah azawajal. Allah (SWT) has told us why he has created the different nations and the different tribes and it is not so that we may establish superiority between each other! But only so that we may recognize each other, nothing more. يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَى وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا
"O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another." [49:13] We are elevated by Islam not by our tribal lineage! The ayat continues by informing us that it is only those who possess taqwa (genuine fear of Allah ta'ala), which is a sign of belief, who are elevated in the eyes of Allah (SWT). إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَاكُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ "Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is the believer who has at-Taqwa. Verily, Allah is All Knowing, All Aware." [49:13]

Unity among Muslims is obligatory! We are united by our imaan, by Islam - not by our tribes, or race, or because we were born within the confines of a specific territory. Allah (SWT) says in the same surah quoted above إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ إِخْوَةٌ "Verily the believers are a brotherhood" [49:10] Mujahid, the student of Ibn Abbas (RA) said "This verse is referring exclusively to the Muslims". Rasulullah (SAW) said:
"A Muslim to another Muslim is a brother; he does not forsake him nor oppress him"

"The similarity of the Muslims is like a single body, if one part suffers the other feels the pain"

"The Ummah is one at the exclusion of all others, their land is one, their war is one and their peace is one"

With such definitive evidence condemning and forbidding the division of the ummah, one must naturally question why our Ummah is in the pitiful situation that it is today. It is easy just to blame the jahilliyah prevalent among Muslims today and say why don't we practice Islam and why do we allow this to happen. But I believe that we need to look further and examine a bit of history. I'm sure those learned Somalis are familiar with the old divide and conquer / divide and rule scheme and it shouldn't be undermined, dismissed or reduced in relevance! Since the advent of Islam there have been many plots to destroy the Ummah and the deen of Allah (SWT). Even in the time of the Prophet (SAW) the mushrikeen of Quraish tried many times to destroy the Islamic State in Madinah. Even those residing within Madinah such as the munafiqeen and the Yahood (Jews) betrayed the covenant they had with Nabi (SAW) by taking sides with these mushrikeen, these kuffar - the enemies of Islam. We should therefore not be surprised that those outside of this brotherhood of Islam will do all they can to destroy it!!! Allah azawajal says, مَّا يَوَدُّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ وَلاَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ أَن يُنَزَّلَ عَلَيْكُم مِّنْ خَيْرٍ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ "Neither those who disbelieve among the people of the Book nor the mushrikeen should be sent down unto you any good from your Lord." [2:105] The strategy of "Divide and Rule" is constantly used by the kuffar to plant the seeds of discontent and disunity among the Muslims. We need only to examine history and see how Andulus (Spain) was taken from the Muslims by the Christians who entered under false pretenses and went on to aid the Muslim governors against each other (sound familiar?), only finally to oust the Muslims all together. More recently in history, the plot to exploit the ethno-centric values and nationalism of the Arabs and Turks in the Ottoman Empire; they essentially manipulated the Muslims and positioned the Arabs against the Turks and were ultimately successful in destroying the remnants of the last Khilafah! Why?!? Asabiyyah, our own jahillyah and deficient knowledge of and adherence to the commands of Allah (SWT)! This process continues today all around the world, especially in Muslim lands ruled by taghut puppet regimes, where the media always make reference to ethnicity rather than Islam or Muslims. Even Palestine which is a concern for all Muslims is reported as an "Arab-Israeli Conflict".

Again, I congratulate you on taking this pledge to abandon the plague of tribalism. And we should take lessons from our Prophet (SAW) who issued stern warnings against asabiyyah in any form. He said, "He is not one of us who calls for asabiyyah (nationalism, tribalism) or who fights for asabiyyah or who dies for asabiyyah." Think about that and compare it to the state of the ummah today. And the next time you encounter another Somali or someone from any background on the internet engaging in this, remember the words of our Prophet (SAW), he is not one of us. Actually in another hadith, Nabi (SAW) said regarding asabiyyah, "Abandon it, it is rotten." It is only through the abandonment of tribalism and nationalism and a return to actual adherence to the commands of Allah ta'ala and His Messenger (SAW) that we can regain our former glory on the global stage and see a change in the pitiful conditions that currently exist.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.