Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st of july, What are we really celebrating?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
saacJabshee
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

1st of july, What are we really celebrating?

Postby saacJabshee » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:46 pm

Somalia's independence is upon us. Even though i enjoy the celebrations and party atmosphere we have in London and every other city with a somali majority. One must ask why we celebrate on this particular day." Did we 'fight' for independence or was we granted independence?" I asked myself these 2 questions without being nationalistic. What i found was a strange correlation of other nations which were in our predicament who also gained independence in 1960. This has shocked me to the core as I have always had the belief that we fought bravely and savagely for our independence unmatched by other african bajuns and bantus. This then lead me to ask myself another question; "Is Somalia's independence worth celebrating?", "Or is it shameful excuse for a party"

I wont go too far back in fact ill start from 1960. 1960 was known as 'The Year Of Africa', the reason being 17 African countries declared independence. Some of these countries include Gabon, senegal,Mali, Cote D'ivore, niger and many more. In July 1960 however Somalia (July 1st) along with Ghana (July 1st) and Republic of Congo (July 11) declared independence. Now after world war II The colonizing countries had massive work to do back home. Work like rebuilding the nation infrastructure wise and also start up businesses and get all public services back on track again. I think a major reason they (Europeans) stopped colonizing is because it cost huge amount of money to keep soldiers posted in garrison half way across the world. They (Europeans) were not ready to pay for all that. Plus young men were needed back home for whatever reasons. The idea that the colonizers ran with their tale between their legs therefore us gaining victory which then leads to a independence is just preposterous. The colonizers couldn't not afford to keep pay for colonizing us.

So why is this not mentioned to us growing up? Why do our elders exaggerator our 'fight' and 'struggle' for independence? The fact we didn't do anything extraordinary compared to our 17 other African counterparts. Similar struggle and songs we have lool. The colonizers couldn't afford their colonization plus they lost the zeal and zest to colonize! After world war II America became the superpower and they aren't into colonization.

After this i feel very shameful Celebrating our independence day. An independence to be proud of is one where there is a huge war and us against them like Vietnam. Fact is this didn't happen.The colonizers came and we carried them from the shoreline on our backs onto the dry beach. What made the colonizers stay more comfortable is the traitors who were always willing to sell out there brother and fight shoulder to shoulder with christian colonizers. After they was done with us, they just left without fear or any problems. It seems after colonization these traitors became powerful tribesmen and 'noblemen' and they were never made to pay for their crime. immediately (10-30yrs) After colonization what have we achieved other then tribal animosity, coups and dictatorship? nothing i say.

Fast forward to 2013 skipping the brutal civil war. Where are we? Are we in a better predicament? Would you brag about Somalia? my answer for all the 3 is no no no. Today the africans who were colonized and granted independence same time as us are slaving us and we are proud of it. look no further then Snet. Some are slaved by Ethiopians, some are slaved Ugandans along with amison. Now recently the big kukuyo enemy in Kenya has decided to play along and now look at Kismayo. What gets me is, how can a SOMALI with SOMALI blood accpet to lower himself to a christian madow gal and take orders and follow them with deadly accuracy? Maybe like someone was saying earlier today. Somalis wont be around long enough because they'll be in cooperated into Amxaar and Sawahili clans and Somalia as we know will cease to exist.

Our hardship will only end after a dictatorship installed. One that executes ALL TRIBAL leaders, Fights all armed factions and defeats them emphatically. Dissolve the parliament. Dissolve the milatary. Dissolve police. Arrest every single 'landlord' occupying houses in Mogadishu illegally and even fights them if need be. Arrest and throw in jail ALL squatters without any chance of defending themselves in court.When released they should promise never to claim the house or land Forgive no one who has killed! Fight all somalidids regardless of tribe. No to democracy as it simply has failed us. No to african union friendship or arab league. Since these 2 organization's don't lift a finger with a green light from their white masters. So we might aswell deal with the devil himself rather his servants. Lifetime imprisonment for all leaders regardless of

That's just my view. there is more but no point in writting it all. For those of who may be offended by this. Remember I am as much somali as you if not more.

After all who am I? :wow:

SiennaEarth
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: 1st of july, What are we really celebrating?

Postby SiennaEarth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:48 pm

I don't celebrate 1st July. There is nothing to celebrate. Celebrate what? Being a failed state for 20+ years? :lol: :lol:

MrPrestige
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Ceelafweyn-Bancade ' Qardhaasa cadde Yoonisoo, qoodhiyaan ahaye ~~

Postby MrPrestige » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:53 pm

Celebrate what? Being a failed state for 20+ years? :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Finally a Walanweyn is making some sense.

saacJabshee
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby saacJabshee » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:58 pm

I don't celebrate 1st July. There is nothing to celebrate. Celebrate what? Being a failed state for 20+ years? :lol: :lol:
euphoria sister my problem is not 20 years of failure, its how we portray our self as freedom fighters when in fact the whites colonizers just left!!!

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:00 pm

here we f-king go

MrPrestige
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Ceelafweyn-Bancade ' Qardhaasa cadde Yoonisoo, qoodhiyaan ahaye ~~

Postby MrPrestige » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:03 pm

Hey birdie stop following me around, Wankaweyn girls are hardly my cup of tea.

SiennaEarth
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SiennaEarth » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:04 pm

Hey birdie stop following me around, Wankaweyn girls are hardly my cup of tea.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:30 pm

I don't celebrate this, what is there to celebrate ? hmm jokas. :lol:

Keyblade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyblade » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:13 am

umm Canada Day duh

GalliumerianSlayer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GalliumerianSlayer » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:24 am

here we f-king go
This ,let's not start this clan bullshit now, for the Love of Allah (SWT)

ElfRuler
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ElfRuler » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:56 am

People fought and died for our independence. The failures of the generations that came after them shouldn't tarnish the hard-work of those that initially helped us get our independence.

God Bless them, they did their people and nation proud. :som:

abdisamad3
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdisamad3 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:03 am

really there is nothing to celebrate.

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:12 am

I am celebrating Canada's independence. I could have been some polio infected skinny in Somalia but Canada gave my family a safe haven and the kids a bright future. I urge all Somalis in Canada to go out and show appreciation to your adopted nation on Monday. I still remember stupid Somali youth eyeballinh me when I was waving the flag last year in the large crowd despite themselves being at the event. May God protect Canada and may Canada enjoy its 146th birthday. Reer Toronto, Ottawa and Alberta and the rest. Go out and show some love.Also, show some love to Somalia

I am,

Abdi "O Canada" Johnson

Vivacious
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Life is waking up an hour early to live an hour more :)

Postby Vivacious » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:43 am

People fought and died for our independence. The failures of the generations that came after them shouldn't tarnish the hard-work of those that initially helped us get our independence.

God Bless them, they did their people and nation proud. :som:
:up: :up: :som: :som:

Corruption1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Corruption1 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:00 am

we are celebrating the arrival of the christian bantus in mogadishu and the kenyan occupation of kismayo :snoop: god help somalia, ileen ciil looma dhinto

:troll:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.