Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Incorporating selfish preference...Look at the consequences!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Quruxley
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Incorporating selfish preference...Look at the consequences!

Postby Quruxley » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:54 pm

It seems that more and more men(I'll focus on Somali because that is the only nationality I am familar with)are twisting things in the Qu'ran and weave personal preference to suit their needs.
-
The topic I am probably most angered by is polygamy.Here's the reasons why;
Since the civil war alot of Somali families have fled their home country.Wars have happened all over the world.Lakiin it's the way some of us have adapted to the western world that is worrying.I mean look at all the ciyaal that have been effed about in qurbaha.It is a FACT that children under the age of 6 have no self control and need decent parenting to help them mature into socially concious and aware young adults!I have noticed how important it is to have a STABLE father role,Particularly for males!
-
Ok so here's what is becoming oh so common in Somali society in qurbaha.Aabo is married to 2 or more wives(he usually has a favourite wife who he is with more then the others)....Kiddies see their dad once in a blue moon....Hooyo is left trying to raise kids 'almost'single-handedly.
-
Ok this is NOT a attack on Somali men because I have seen many successful families who's father wasn't around.But I can personally say that if the fear factor of my aabo wasn't around I'm pretty sure my brothers wouldn't be the way they are wallahi.There are those males that have been raised without a father and have come out fine,Masha'Allah,I know.Lakiin the way the some fathers skip from one wife to the other when they're prohibited from marrying the other ladies in the first place(there are ways and situations where you are ALLOWED to marry another woman in Islam....if your brother has left a widow ect ...you cant just marry like that)
-
Anyways I have seen some success stories and only because the men had great women to raise their kids or they balanced it by trying to treat them equally.BUT a child needs their father as does a wife need her husband.

-
Just think about it!...If one single man concerntrated ALL of his love and energy into one family and raised those kids and loved his wife to the best of his ability....Imagine the beauty that would follow?
-
Enough love to all those men who are commited and trying...Masha'Allah we need more men like you!
Last edited by Quruxley on Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sultan-Kenadiid-of-Hobyo

Postby Sultan-Kenadiid-of-Hobyo » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:09 pm

thanks for the article baby.

i don't pay attention to the Muslim extremists in the net. They are full of hatred sis and their biggest aim is to distort Islam. They are firmy determined to take us back 100 centuries yet our dear religion teaches to seek knowledge and progress.

Quruxley, macaaney, don't pay attention to them. Are you attending university?

Axlaan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Axlaan » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:10 pm

Somali men are God's gift to women. They have every right to bread and marry as many women as possible to make up for all those people we've lost in the Civil war. I would encourage Somali man to marry atleast four wives in this life time, and deflower 72 virgins in the hereafter.

Sultan-Kenadiid-of-Hobyo

Postby Sultan-Kenadiid-of-Hobyo » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:13 pm

[quote="Axlaan"]Somali men are God's gift to women. They have every right to bread and marry as many women as possible to make up for all those people we've lost in the Civil war. I would encourage Somali man to marry atleast four wives in this life time, and deflower 72 virgins in the hereafter.[/quote]

Axlaan , depends on the reproductive system of girls. i have seen many men who married nine wives and haven't gotten more than 5 children. On the other side, some men only get one wive with 14 children. Some healthy women can breed so many beautiful children.

Quruxley
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Quruxley » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:14 pm

Axlaan you had a bit of Zamalek in you?I lie? Cool Very Happy
-
Sultan,macaanow I am not discussing the ones on the net but rather the ones who are impreganting left,right and centre and then not giving a shit about the baby nomads Sad Evil or Very Mad Anyways walaal what has my education got to do with you?Looking for a rich sonkor momma?Well nice try but I saw through that macawiis from when you addressed me as ''baby'' Wink Laughing
-
I wrote that it's not a cut and paste Evil or Very Mad

B-MAX
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby B-MAX » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:16 pm

^^ If all Somali women were like You and think like You,we would never had a Somali Civilwar!
Isn't tha true Axlaaney? Smile

The-Screw
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The-Screw » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:23 pm

you cant just marry 4 wives and father tens of children, this isn't somali 1950, this is 2005 and if you can't financially support your family you're f.ucked. divorce is more than likely and you'll end up at tim hortons and your wive collects welfare and your kids are hangin' out doing drugs. i am a firm believer in marrying ONE woman that you love and being there for your kids for the rest of your natural life.

Quruxley
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Quruxley » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:24 pm

Thank you screw!
-
B-Max who are you pointing to?

Sultan-Kenadiid-of-Hobyo

Postby Sultan-Kenadiid-of-Hobyo » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:27 pm

yeah quruxleey those in the net defend the polygamist, namean. macaaney i feel what u saying. I knew it was ur article, eloquent, that is why i thought u are student.

Look quruxleey, a friend of mine, only yesterday was saying to me he will go to Bosaasoo and marry a beautiful young girl besides his main wife who has beautiful children for him. Therefore, for those of us who reside overseas and got the money and education wonna stick to our culture, no matter any condition that assessed upon us, we ready to fullfill. Our girls are in a dillema too, they wonna one perfect man and i know it is hard to get thus becoming frustrated about us. Some of them couldn't handle the pressure by bidding their families, friends, relatives, and every loved ones Good bye for a distant strnager.

I feel ya, it is a complex thingg.

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:30 pm

[quote="Axlaan"] I would encourage Somali man to marry atleast four wives in this life time, and deflower 72 virgins in the hereafter.[/quote]

Laughing Laughing Laughing

why don't stop 'deflowering' good intentioned posts with your acidic sarcasms.

Sultan-Kenadiid-of-Hobyo

Postby Sultan-Kenadiid-of-Hobyo » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:48 pm

Laughing Laughing dhuusadheer. i knew axlaan was very sarcastic

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:53 pm

Quruxley,

So is this your personal declaration against polygamy? Surprised

B00
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby B00 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:05 pm

Quruxley,

Sometimes Somali men have to make a conclusion to save there family because of social and domestic problems, Which a family is confronted with at some point or time, Many are the times when the welfare of the couple depends upon the husband marrying another wife. He must proceed his life with a new wife in arrangement to save his family. But most people find that as in excitement of the Somali males do these affairs for his own desires which I assure in most case thats not the predicament.

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:42 am

All somali men deserve to be castrated. They will never amount to anything. They are disgrace to teh rest of "MAN"kind.

raindance
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby raindance » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:43 am

Second wives rule..

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.