Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Turkey wants your Uranium and Oil

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Turkey wants your Uranium and Oil

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:05 pm

And they will get it cheaply because they built a few hospitals and schools. You heard it here first folks...
Last edited by LiquidHYDROGEN on Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hodan94
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Turkey wants your Uranium and Oil

Postby Hodan94 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:27 pm

the turks were never trusted even during their empire...

like the british, the Somalis told them to stay on the coastal areas...
ppl at the time were very wary of them....

but at least they're better than the un, us, uk and so on...but still they're there for their own interests.

I honestly laugh when you call them walalaha turkiye.....in this world its self service not brotherhood..

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Even if Somalis were able to extract it by themselves, some govt officials would pocket all the revenue. None of it would go to the people. Or qabiil X and qabiil Y would fight over the rights of the resources.

Its still a lose-lose situation. Corruption and clan wars will continue for the next 500 years. I'm not pessimistic but a realist

I would make an agreement with the Turks. I'd let them have 50% of the resources for themselves. Sell it or consume it, I don't care. The remaining 50% is for the Somali people and I would put the Turks in charge with ofcourse Somali officials overseeing. This revenue is strictly for development. Schools, public services, bureaucracy, roads, bridges, orphanages, highways, homes for the poor, etc. I would have this for 10 years. The Turks will teach the Somalis to be honest and trustworthy in the process with the nation's money and resources.

I don't trust Somalis one bit. They are worse than the Westerners who come to exploit Somalis.

I am,

Abdi "Somalis need to accept this agreement" Johnson

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Even if Somalis were able to extract it by themselves, some govt officials would pocket all the revenue. None of it would go to the people. Or qabiil X and qabiil Y would fight over the rights of the resources.

Its still a lose-lose situation. Corruption and clan wars will continue for the next 500 years. I'm not pessimistic but a realist

I would make an agreement with the Turks. I'd let them have 50% of the resources for themselves. Sell it or consume it, I don't care. The remaining 50% is for the Somali people and I would put the Turks in charge with ofcourse Somali officials overseeing. This revenue is strictly for development.
Schools, public services, bureaucracy, roads, bridges, orphanages, highways, homes for the poor, etc. I would have this for 10 years. The Turks will teach the Somalis to be honest and trustworthy in the process with the nation's money and resources.

I don't trust Somalis one bit. They are worse than the Westerners who come to exploit Somalis.

I am,

Abdi "Somalis need to accept this agreement" Johnson
Is this guy for real?

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: nomand, first of my names, king of the andals and the first men

Postby Nomand » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Contract are under review every 20 years the Arabs started with only 15% of the oil while the rest went to western oil company, now they have 90% . But those times are gone it should be 70% to Somalia 30 % company and after 20 years we can increase our share.

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Some deals already in place are 75/25. This is the reality. Extracting takes a lot of effort, labor. Did you just expect the oil companies to get a couple of percent? It's not a charity. This is business

Either wait 1000 years until Somalis can extract it or you be humble and accept such deals. There's threats of clan wars popping off even in the safe areas and you expect the Turks to get some petty percentage? Their lives are at risk, they deserve danger pay. Hebel this might take 100 Turks hostage because they are drilling in their lands even though they got the go ahead from the elder of the same qabiil but from a different camp.

I took into consideration my people but also the business aspect with the 50/50 arrangement. We can all eat.

Somalis need to get the point that we don't have the upper hand. I would prefer we extract on our own but Somalis are in misery and poverty at the moment and besides, we cant extract it. I swallow my pride because we have no other choice. I want Somalis to prosper and won't have some misguided pride get in the way of Somalis succeeding. We can't demand everything we want when Somalis are eating their own shit for dinner. We have to make sacrifices at the moment.

I am,

Abdi "Now swallow that spit" Johnson

Estarix
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Estarix » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:58 pm

For somalia pursuing a special relationship which involves establishing privileged economic deals with Turkey is a right step in repaying turkey for its assistance and good will towards somalia.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:05 pm

If we can't extract it ourselves today, then we should leave it until we can. I am jn favour of Somalia's resources being left untouched until it has sufficient stability, institutions and expertise to exploit them. What you're suggesting is treason and is exactly the kind of short-sided, selfish mind-set that destroyed the country in the first place. The future of energy is nuclear, particularly fusion. We have all the leverage in the world. Somalis won't prosper by handing trillions of dollars worth of theyir national treasures and resources to ruthless foreign corporations for pennies.. Anyway, Somalis already have a million other issues to fix that should come first.
Last edited by LiquidHYDROGEN on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:13 pm

For somalia pursuing a special relationship which involves establishing privileged economic deals with Turkey is a right step in repaying turkey for its assistance and good will towards somalia.
:up:

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:19 pm

Adigu do you just regurgitate crap you learn in social studies, economics 101 and all the other bullshit liberal arts courses?

I give up. I am talking to people who accepted mafia-money to dump toxic waste in their own waters. :snoop:

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:23 pm

It's not treason, its reality.

Listen, in ten years the contract can end. In that 10 years, Somalis will get the expertise and knowledge and equipment. We can't wait any longer. We are already behind as it is. We can't wait another 50 years and be in the same situation.

There's no shame in this temporary arrangement. Everything will be solved. There will be proper urban planning because we can finally invest in it. Our cities dont have to be zig zaging in satellite pictures. There will be roads in every corner. Our kids can have access to proper health care. The elderly can get medicine. People don't need to go hungry anymore. People will stop fighting. There will be jobs directly and indirectly from the resources being extracted. People will live in dignity

I am,

Abdi "Dont think about the temporary cons" Johnson

Estarix
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Estarix » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:26 pm

What did you deduce from my comment?

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:33 pm

It's not treason, its reality.

Listen, in ten years the contract can end. In that 10 years, Somalis will get the expertise and knowledge and equipment. We can't wait any longer. We are already behind as it is. We can't wait another 50 years and be in the same situation.

There's no shame in this temporary arrangement. Everything will be solved. There will be proper urban planning because we can finally invest in it. Our cities dont have to be zig zaging in satellite pictures. There will be roads in every corner. Our kids can have access to proper health care. The elderly can get medicine. People don't need to go hungry anymore. People will stop fighting. There will be jobs directly and indirectly from the resources being extracted. People will live in dignity

I am,

Abdi "Dont think about the temporary cons" Johnson
And what happens after ten years when none of those things are done and the little percentage we get in revenue from the minerals and resources are pocketed by corrupt politicians. When the majority of the benefits are taken by turkish corporations and other multinationals. What happens when your dream scenario never happens and Somalia just becomes another Congo or Zambia? You are advocating, in effect, the recolonisation of Somalia. Aqli cabiid.

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:49 pm

There will be systems in place. I suggested the Turks make sure our 50% share is spent on development and not in the hands of any politician. Politicians can see with their eyes, not their hands. There will be firms and Somali officials who oversee. I'm way ahead of you. I know how Somalis are. I personally got robbed by an uncle. I know how corrupt Somalis are, even those you share blood with.

My scenario will happen if they choose to accept it. Are you saying we won't learn and have the means to extract on our own in a decade?

You have to learn to swim and dedicate your years before you get to represent your country at the Olympics. You claim to be Michael Phelps but you'll drown in the shallow end

Liquid, take an economics and business course. You are economically illiterate

I am,

Abdi "There is a cost to the loss of opportunity" Johnson
Last edited by AbdiJohnson on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AbkoowDhiblaawe
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbkoowDhiblaawe » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:51 pm

No shit liquidhydro....

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.