Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

abtirsi.com

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
jamal9
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

abtirsi.com

Postby jamal9 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:23 pm

I went to abtirsi.com to "learn" about somali qabils. wow, somali people in the past used to have very ugly names. wtf do these mean?

Gorgate
Galshiredle
Rarane
Jambele
Gungundabe
Hodenbari
Balyiri
Haskul

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: abtirsi.com

Postby zulaika » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:50 pm

I don't know what these names mean but they sound so original and interesting...

I will add this to list of names I'm collecting for future baby names :)

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:00 pm

This must have been before the Arab brainwashing and mental abuse

Those names right there is your real history. You had an identity before Ahmed, Mohamed etc. Now you are a slave

A slave you are. Insulting your own original heritage like 95% of all Somalis.

I am,

Abdi "Get the Arab testicles out of your mouth" Johnson
Last edited by AbdiJohnson on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Some names from the Marehan lineage that sound so original and Somali.

Baalyiri= Baal said

Gaalshiirdle= camel meeting?

Gashishoor=

Soonfure= Fasting broken?

Amaanreer= compliment family?

Warwaajecle= loves to hear news?

Hodenbari= Rich east?

Xiinle= ?

Mamaasame= ?

Hawraarsame= he went...?

Wagardhac= hit with spear?

Raadamiir= foot step..?

Awsame=?

Uurmidig= pregnant right?

They are all interesting.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:43 am

^Wagardhac is not hit with spear. His real name was Maxamad and his sisters name was Wagar and she had a lot of xoolo so one day he stole her xoolo and so they called him WagarDhac, walaashiis wagar buu dhacay :lol:

Hodan94
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hodan94 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:38 pm

I went to abtirsi.com to "learn" about somali qabils. wow, somali people in the past used to have very ugly names. wtf do these mean?

Gorgate
Galshiredle
Rarane
Jambele
Gungundabe
Hodenbari
Balyiri
Haskul

from the oromo 'jidwaaq' language... these names are not even on my lineage whatsoever.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:37 pm

^Wagardhac is not hit with spear. His real name was Maxamad and his sisters name was Wagar and she had a lot of xoolo so one day he stole her xoolo and so they called him WagarDhac, walaashiis wagar buu dhacay :lol:
Yes some tribe names have some eventful meaning to it.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.