Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Gacanyare Script - Future SL Script? (Khalid Ali)

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

The Gacanyare Script - Future SL Script? (Khalid Ali)

Postby Hawdian » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:49 pm

I saw one of Khalid Ali aka Gacanyare's posts where he was proposing for Somaliland not only to adopt but inherit the Ancient script of the Berber people called Tifinagh. In the old times, the world's leading civilizations believed Somaliland was part of the Berber people and its people (Somaliland) were called Berber. It's ancient city also known as Malao was called Berbera (probably renamed Berbera in the 10th-12th centuries). It remains Berbera to this day.

Thus it makes sense to inherit part of the Berber legacy including script and even renaming Somaliland the ancient Numidia etc.

Khalid suggested we replace Siad Barre's Latin script and while I support this move, I suggest we replace it slowly by replacing few characters. We should start with the two most characters that Wanlaweins abuse the most; KH and DH. No two letters differentiate us from Wanlawein more than these two so we should tackle them.

In due them, the other letters will follow. There is no point claiming to be separating yet taking Siad Barre's favorite jacket to your bedroom. Cut all ties and cut all historical relations is the way to go. Completely reinvent the nation is the right step.

The new DH is an "X" joined at the bottom while the new KH is half "H".

Next letter is Q and removing all the double vowels from the language. No more AA, II, EE, OO BS. It's designed to save money (print cost) and time. No need for double letters just to make one point for example DH, KH, ii, ee, oo, aa. This is shortsightedness in my book. We have to be on the go and keep cost low by removing unnecessary characters.

In short the Berbers are much much closer to us linguistically, culturally, geographically and historically than the Latin people and their script.

Ancient Berber cave paintings in Algeria

Ancient Somaliland cave paintings in Las Geel.

Ras Hawdian-------I'm still the same Berber that found Berbera.
Last edited by Hawdian on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gabre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: The Gacanyare Script - Future SL Script? (Khalid Ali)

Postby Gabre » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:14 pm

Berbers and their script have virtually nothing to do with Somalis.

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:28 pm

And what has Latin script got-to do with Somalis? At least Berber and Landers once shared common land under the African sun.

Like I also stated once this land was called Berber and its people Berbers and its capital Berbera.

Gabre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gabre » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:33 pm

And what has Latin script got-to do with Somalis? At least Berber and Landers once shared common land under the African sun.

Like I also stated once this land was called Berber and its people Berbers and its capital Berbera.
Actually qaldaan, although I know for you guys Siyaad Barre was the devil incarnate, the one thing you have to give thanks to him for is the Somali Latin script. This was a big f-king deal that allowed us to communicate and not be completely left behind in the 21st century. Hands down best decision he ever made.

Noolow Aabe Siyaad. :up:

LeJusticier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: base of sufism. Imam Le Justicier ...Xerta Dareenka

Postby LeJusticier » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:35 pm

I wonder how they paint and what color consistent about?

Gabre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gabre » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:49 pm

I'm actually surprised you haven't called for Somaliland to adopt Ge'ez script yet, ante doma-ras :pac:

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:56 pm

Gabre,

The Ge'ez script is not suitable for Somaliland for many reasons and Ge'ez is not an easy script. It's far far more complex than any other script in the African continent. Somaliland should focus on simplicity, saving resources and being unique. The Berber script is not used that much and remains secondary to Arabic in the Maghrib.

Ge'ez is way too complex, costly and already it has strong foundation in Ethiopia.

In Somaliland it has the chance to thrive as a solo and I don't recommend using all 36 Berber characters just some that will help Somaliland distinguish her from the southern troubled region (Somalia).

Somaliland has the chance to be the leading literature region for Somali people and it should use her position to develop something entirely hers from the past.

I am calling for a hybrid script that combines Latin and Berberi. This is called the Gacanyare script. Wa ina gacantu fudadata oo qori tanku yarada (gacanyare).

Example of new "KH" - Khayradka

Example of "DH" - Dhamac

Next we can replace "SH" with a single character, abolish all double vowels and tackle other unnecessary double character letters to reduce space, print resources including books and improve quality of education by creating simplistic script.

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:15 am

Example of "SH" and symbol of the unit of currency.

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:23 am

This guy and his historical revisionism. Smh.nobody ever believed that the people of somalia and the berbers of north africa were part of a civilization or were related.they only shared a name.

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:32 am

Hawdian uncivilized people don't have a far aka alphabet. Im suprised you didn't beg Ge'ez.

It's funny only one people in the north are without one nearly everyone else has their own Far. Hilarious lol . Their ancestors should have created an alphabet.
Why you begging the berbers for their alphabet? Your ass originated from the burnt Guban wastelands not Libya.

Stop the begging.

Waste foqol waste.

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:46 am

Caesar, the emotional kid.

Tell me what script did your Cise Warabe had other than qori ismaris? You don't even speak Somali let alone write one. I also know that you're fake Cise Warabe because you don't speak French like them.

No Somali has his own script and please don't quote the 1922 Osmaniya or the 1933 Borama or the 1970ish Siad Bare Latin adoption (not an invention adoption).

These little one village scripts were yesterday.

Today we are creating similar one that is far more intelligent on this forum :D

I need you to input without injecting your emotions in every topic. Use the stick (qori ismaris) more often. Sometimes the hyena shade has higher IQ than your human shade.

By the time I am done, Somaliland will have new name, new identity, new script and will focus on enlightenment rather than wasting her time on too many useless Somalis surrounding her. Somaliland Renaissance has to come about by focusing on quality and internally rather than Somalinimo and all that trash package that comes with it. To achieve this SL has to be different from un-driven Somalis and their Somalia.

The Somaliland hybrid Gacanyare alphabet

Ras

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: No one feels safe from hypocrisy except the hypocrite.

Postby ZubeirAwal » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:23 am

It isn't so bad, Hawdian since you're good with digital graphics why don't you make a sheet showing the entire gacanyare script and the phonetic sound translations.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:55 am

Great thread there is a berber Somaliland connection there were original barbaraawis in SL 1500 BC , There is absolute no connection between latin and Somaliland, and even prior to the Colonialists came to Somaliland there was no latin script in the Xplaya historic thread.

You will find a Somali from Somaliland writing af Somali history in latin script.Prior to Colonialism Somaliland Mullahs Culema used to write in Arabic, because the Arabian peninsula was closer to Home. But we have to go further in the roots of SL the original Barbaraawis. By the way i promote Uniqueness, there is no point of sharing a script with our neighbors in the south. Somaliland had its distinct history that it never shared with Somalia. :up:

The Righteous Gacanyare :sland: :sland:

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:13 am

^^^Good point guys. We will work on this and for now we will replace certain characters that are repetitive or double. Our aim should be:

A) To be unique
B) Save resources by using no more than 20-30 characters
C) Revive the history in order to find the future

We should eliminate characters such as KH, DH, SH (too long and too costly. Image you had to print one million books with over ten million characters each. Each character uses an ink and ink is money). Equally, people learn simplistic stuff faster and thus our literacy will grow in rapid speed.

Just by being three characters different from the south, we are already different. We print our own books in Berberawi Print House.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:23 am

This thread should be made sticky i ask Righting to make it sticky a modification in the script similar what we have seen in some eastern European countries its Latin but its not latin there are other elements. Berberawi style.. :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.