Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mac Lipstick

This forum is dedicated for women, beautiful Somali ladies.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Mac Lipstick

Postby Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:23 am

my favorite mac lipstick is rebel ..its Purple With pink undertone.... lasts longer..and compliments my caramel skin. I also have diva and sin.

MissFiora
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MissFiora » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:44 am

These are the mac lipsticks that I always get ( one is missing is in action, im forever losing my lipsticks don't know if u can relate?)

1. Lady Danger ( very summery, orangie-red)
2. Girl About Town ( hot pink but its tasteful depending on your complexion)
3. Modesty ( nice nude, usually wear this when I do a smokey-eye)
4. Twig ( I LOVE THIS! Hence why its finished lol, dunno if u can see its my everyday lipstick ..its a nude but with a hint of a rosie pink)
5. Hung-up ( nice deep red/burgandy makes me feel/look fabulous)
6. Russian Red (missing in action, I lost it it was brand new! UGH)

I always get the amplified finish or satin finish, can't do matte it cracks and dries out my lips.

Now I have the sudden urge to hit up mac and do a lipstick haul. Hope this helped Love.

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:35 pm

These are the mac lipsticks that I always get ( one is missing is in action, im forever losing my lipsticks don't know if u can relate?)

1. Lady Danger ( very summery, orangie-red)
2. Girl About Town ( hot pink but its tasteful depending on your complexion)
3. Modesty ( nice nude, usually wear this when I do a smokey-eye)
4. Twig ( I LOVE THIS! Hence why its finished lol, dunno if u can see its my everyday lipstick ..its a nude but with a hint of a rosie pink)
5. Hung-up ( nice deep red/burgandy makes me feel/look fabulous)
6. Russian Red (missing in action, I lost it it was brand new! UGH)

I always get the amplified finish or satin finish, can't do matte it cracks and dries out my lips.

Now I have the sudden urge to hit up mac and do a lipstick haul. Hope this helped Love.
Are those your lipsticks in the photo? I noticed the shapes..made me think of lipstick personality..

you are ambitious :mrgreen:

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Postby EvolSyawla » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:27 am

^ hahaha @ lipstick personalities

Thank you Bonita, That hung-up has been on my mind as well, so funny that you have it! I'm glad I reminded you to restock loll

SLSR...I LOVE rebel! I forgot about that, lol have restocked.=)

Thank you for your input ladies! :heart: :heart:
Purchases:
Cyber,
Heroine,
Rebel

and Black Currant lipliner *drool*

MissFiora
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MissFiora » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:36 pm

Zulaika ..lol yeah those are mine, that's so cool thanks for sharing xx

Love .. np happy shopping :)

P.s ladies if you have 6 empty mac product containers u get a free lipstick if you return them to your local mac shop.

YummyMummy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby YummyMummy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:26 pm

Me darling LoveAlways, I am not a lipstick enthusiast but I have learnt much from this thread, sorry I couldn't help :lol: :up:

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Postby EvolSyawla » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:43 am

lol I learned as well Yummy! Np, I learn your recipes anyhoo :heart:

omgomgomgomg

WARSAN2015

Postby WARSAN2015 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:27 pm

I am obsessed with verve!

Julkimi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Somalinet boycott by Puntites in effect 12/24/14. GB,Quark, Righteous I will miss you my brothers.

Postby Julkimi » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:51 pm

I wear MAC, I just saw this topic :lol:

Here are my favorite lipstick from M.A.C

MATTE

Viva Glam
HoneyLove
Lady Danger
Ruby Woo
Russian Red
Diva
Please Me

P.s

Before wearing a matte lipstick or a lipliner, make sure to use lip balm or even Vaseline on your lips, while doing foundation, even dressing, then when it's time to put on the lipstick wipe the lip balm or vaseline off with a tissue. It will hydrate your lips.

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby EvolSyawla » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:57 am

Funny you mention the moisturizing while you dress... I learned that tip while shopping online and it work's wonders! Thank you. :kiss: I don't know if it's the weather here, but even the Satin lipstick line is insanely drying, so that really helps.

I wear vaseline before bed now also. Easy to exfoliate in the morning and makes my lips super soft ^__^

lol @ all the strong reds. Because of the clash with my hair, I like to stick to burgundy/darker colors, but great choices. I want to get Diva next time also.

How do you wear the Honey Love? I must confess, I can't wear it without a brown lipliner, and even then, it makes me uncomfortable lol

Warsan...Nice, I've never even seen Verve :up:

Julkimi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Somalinet boycott by Puntites in effect 12/24/14. GB,Quark, Righteous I will miss you my brothers.

Postby Julkimi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:57 am

I religiously put on Vaseline before bed during the winter, but if it's Summer, I moisturize my lips with a regular lip balm or Vaseline while getting dressed. Speaking of Vaseline, I put it on my eyelashes before bed, it will grow your eyelashes. :up:

I don't wear honeylove alone, I use it with a lip liner, my favorite so far is the Milani lip liner color "Spice". :up:

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby EvolSyawla » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:54 am

Propahh, I'll have to check that out then.

Vaseline on your eyelashes? :? lool Sounds dangerous given that I don't sleep pretty in one spot. :up:

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby EvolSyawla » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:15 am

Just bought Taupe.

:snoop: I have never had more annoying buyer's remorse lol...

MissFiora
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MissFiora » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:13 pm

WHY?! I love that shade lol

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.