Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'ethnic' somalis are diverse why discriminate others

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Substance
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: 'ethnic' somalis are diverse why discriminate others

Postby Substance » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:26 pm

Discrimination exist in Somalia but I'm sure that this thread is not intended to have that discussion

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:33 pm

the poor girl is a rape victim, her clan is murjerten.

28:47

YummyMummy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby YummyMummy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:38 pm

PO: What exactly transparent & obvious? Unless you're caalimul gheyb I don't think you can make such a baseless assumption.
That she is a lil reer baadiye qabilist. Take off your hj goggles and pay attention to what she says and you will see.
Was I wearing them in the first place? :lol: PO mostly you make sense, here you're barking at the wrong tree sxb. Move on :up:

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Can't view video.someone summarize it please

Hodan94
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hodan94 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:48 pm

PO: What exactly transparent & obvious? Unless you're caalimul gheyb I don't think you can make such a baseless assumption.
That she is a lil reer baadiye qabilist. Take off your hj goggles and pay attention to what she says and you will see.
Was I wearing them in the first place? :lol: PO mostly you make sense, here you're barking at the wrong tree sxb. Move on :up:
just because she happens to be darood doesn't mean im qabilst it is you who has the tribal goggles on. I have not mentioned anything to diss anyone, im making a valid point if you feel insecure about it then that's up to you.

dissing minorities because they look 'weird' is wrong when you have people that look exactly like them or even worse from the bigger clans.
that's why minorities need to be treated fairly.

LightAtNight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LightAtNight » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:59 pm

The lady may not be covered and everything, but she seems like she kind of has a good heart. I like her laid back attitude

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:03 pm

why discriminate? she is from one of the major clans in the country of Somalia. why discriminate on jareers and others??
bare in mind these people have been living with y'al for hundreds of years, you all act like they came last week.
there needs to be minorities like these kind in top positions or else your country will never recover.
She makes it clear she is talking about "US" but not "her", and you think she is:
^ What pill did you swallow caawa PO? :lol:
Seriously though, I see no mention of Daarood, and in any case Hodan made a valid point; we're far too obsessed by competing on maalaa yacni things like qabiil and tying it to complexion, nose and hair (among other things), and fail to see that there is huge variation within Somalis themselves. Look at SNet for example!
You come in here immediately to her defense making some false argument that she is trying to make an insightful topic about discrimination, that involves all of us, and not obviously everyone else except her and her country i.e. somaliland.... and you think you don't have your HJ goggles on? Give me a break.

And if you watch the video, the lady claims she is majeerteen and ogaden, so where do minorities come into the discussion if the girl in the video is Daarood? :?

Cherine
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cherine » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Naaya Hodan joogso.

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Just because someone claims to be from a certain clan does not mean that the majority of his or her ancestors are from that clan.

Also, I would not trust acculturated Somalis living in the West on their ethnic origins.

There are many cases of Midgaans and Jareers claiming to be from an ethnic Somali clan as they fled to the West and try to rebuild a ''cleaner'' name in a new place.

YummyMummy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby YummyMummy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:19 pm

PO: illeen sxb when you wanna dig for, you dig deeeeep soomaahaa? :lol:
I fail to see how my stating that I don't get where you're coming from = defending her due to qabiil? If that's the crux of your argument then I'm disappointed PO, better luck with your evidence next time :lol: :up:

And wallahi I read that "you" to mean all Somalis. Shouldn't fault others for your faulty interpretation walal :lol:

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:23 pm

This woman is an obvious fraud, you guys are fools for believing her so-called roots.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:45 pm

PO: illeen sxb when you wanna dig for, you dig deeeeep soomaahaa? :lol:
I fail to see how my stating that I don't get where you're coming from = defending her due to qabiil? If that's the crux of your argument then I'm disappointed PO, better luck with your evidence next time :lol: :up:

And wallahi I read that "you" to mean all Somalis. Shouldn't fault others for your faulty interpretation walal :lol:
Look at the topic, YOU are the only one that doesn't get it. And if she meant you as all Somalis, what do you think she means by top positions in YOUR country. Was she talking about SL? :?

LightAtNight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LightAtNight » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:58 pm

Her children were taken away from her :( I hate to see hooyo ilmaheeda laga qaadey really sad. Also pay attention to the part where she describes the struggles her mother went through in her life, and her dream to get her mother married again :(

incognito1
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby incognito1 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:24 pm

her father was a tribal chief and a doctor of the hawiye clan, but both her mother and her father were from the darood clan loool. her mother and her father were from Waring tribes, her fathers mother was saying kill the ogaden kill the ogaden,which was her mothers clan. her fathers clan owned half of the city, her fathers clan didn't like her mothers clan.her father was a rich merchant who also was a military man.he moved them to hawiye clan territory, where they lived in a house with a farm next to an army base. then she got to know the hawiye clan,who did not want to be ruled by the government, who were darood. they didn't like her, she wasn't welcome, but they sang song and praised her father because he was their chief looool. the hawiye use to throw her in the river, rape her, and beat her,her mother use to farm while she herded the cows. the hawiye called the darood the bass loool. her father was a pirate loool.

stopped at 11:59 min couldn't hear more bs she is not somali

how can a darood man be a hawiye chief, how is he praised and respected while his daughter is rapep and abused, how does a wealthy merchant who is also a doctor get involved in the army.why would a darood man move his family into the hawiye heartland in a time of war????

let me answer this, its a fake sob story to make cadaan people feel good about themselves, but since no somali is desperate enough to degrade themselves. they use what is available ,like they did in black hawk down, cadaans and their freaking superiority complex man.
Last edited by incognito1 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Chinaman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Chinaman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:32 pm

I thought the "diverse" origins of Somalis were already established by you Qabilsits, Isaaqs are from Iraq, Daroods from Yemen, Hawiye was native according to some whilst others also say he was a migrant....So what is surprising about the "diversity" seeing as to how we have different origins according to Ya'll?Image

The Sheer Hypocrisy is amazing Lol

Somalis are nothing more than an old neolithic mixture of a "Dinka" like people and an old Middle Eastern group anyway, this happened around what is now Southern Egypt roughly 5-7 thousand years ago.

Here is where Somalis cluster on a world population plot (though some-what a limited list, at least this has Somalis as a reference, usually they use Ethiopians whom cluster around the same place as us) between the "Nilotic" Dinka and "Bedouins" & Mediterraneans. The Maasai are Cushitic-Nilotic 50/50. This is why they cluster towards us, for more purer Nilotics, Dinkas are the most representatives and Somalis seem intermediate between them and Eurasians.

Btw, Mozabites are Berbers from Algeria, most North Africans, Arab or Berber cluster with them. North Africans usually seem about "20%" Native Black African.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.