Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I need help. I want to go to India to study medicine

Soomaalida waddankan ku dhaqan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
13moham

I need help. I want to go to India to study medicine

Postby 13moham » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:02 pm

I need information about studying medicine in India. I live in america and education is so expensive and long. That is why I want to go to India for medicine.
What is the admission criteria?
What is the tuition?
What are the chances of getting accepted?

Libix
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: I need help. I want to go to India to study medicine

Postby Libix » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:03 pm

Google kala tasho asaga kuu sheegayee.

anzeloti
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby anzeloti » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:13 pm

[youtube]?v=m8RYeiZFPdk[/youtube]

:steviej:

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:16 pm

Wait, u live in America and u wanna goto India to study medicine? What would you do after you get ur degree? Are you planning on staying in India? Because I don't think the U.S. accepts Indian medical degrees.

Libix
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Libix » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:16 pm

[youtube]?v=m8RYeiZFPdk[/youtube]

:steviej:

lool inaad dadka wadno kukur kurido maahe maaro kali malihid adi.

anzeloti
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby anzeloti » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Libix :lol:

The Indians are fleeing their country to study in the west and this dude wants to go down there :snoop:

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Alot of the Somalis from Africa and the Middle East study in India. In fact my cousins from Qatar are there.

All you need is money to study there as I've been told. Besides this is India. You can stick a few thousand rupees to some admissions officer so dont worry.

I am,

Abdi "You're guaranteed admission whatever your GPA" Johnson

Libix
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Libix » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:39 pm

Libix :lol:

The Indians are fleeing their country to study in the west and this dude wants to go down there :snoop:

lool The Indians are everywhere like cockroaches. meel eysan ididin maba jirto! bisinka iyo yaasinka. lol

lasanodboi
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby lasanodboi » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:47 pm

Indian medical education is high quality the recent indian immigration to the United States including a lot of doctors is due to arriving with their indian degrees in my country finland which has one of the most advanced health care systems indian doctors with indian degrees has free acess

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:34 pm

Indian medical education is high quality the recent indian immigration to the United States including a lot of doctors is due to arriving with their indian degrees in my country finland which has one of the most advanced health care systems indian doctors with indian degrees has free acess
India is a shithole. I wouldn't let anyone with an Indian degree get near me, let alone touch and operate on me.

13moham

Postby 13moham » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:02 pm

Horta how many years is medical school in India??

Malachite
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Malachite » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:07 pm

Hopefully you are not trolling. Im assuming you want to jump right into Medical school and avoid the 4 years of under-graduate we do here in the USA, and save all these years by going to India...You can certainly do that and hope for the best, but I would personally advice taking that route....The MBBS( which is bachelor's in medicine in countries outside USA) is 4.5 years plus 1 year of Internship. I'm not trying to scare you but I heard some students from the US do not pass on time ( meaning they take anytime between 6 months to 2 years extra to finish)..There goes the 4 years undergraduate you are running from. There are various reasons for the delay..The most blatant issue is that of the anti USA( student) attitude,which will play huge role and affect the outcomes. This could all be due to the fellow students, professors and the outside examiners who decide your fate every year. The learning style can be different. The yearly exams are not tested in a way thatt lectures can be helpful. At the end of the day all it creates is worry, passing the exam and moving on. Memorizing textbooks from front to back just to regurgitate them in essay format exam.....The culture and the psychology effects of being away from home...These obstacles alone usually cause an immediate lost of 6 months first year...Ohh and when you come back, think of how long it's gonna take you to study for USMLE step 1 and 2

The learning environment too can be challenging. Students will usually discuss medicine in their native language, and patients will only speak in their language. So there is learning curve to deal with initially. I'm not trying to bash them, but to weight the pros and cons of both places....Medical school is tough itself, no doubt about that and comparing the two is hard and not really fair. Two different beast systems. In the USA, it's difficulty to get into Med school...but then passing rates are nice( you are given all the resources to succeed here and it's all about learning and not competition) and the the residency is sweet...There is that "weeder" system that starts picking student off early in under-grad, so by the time the admission to med school comes, the competition is high. It also takes extra 1 year for students to pad their resume, to apply and work on bunch of other pre-requisites that aid your application....

Where's in India, it's hard to get into, just one entrance exams. You can imagine, the admission process for students from US can be different from Indian students as their is quota allotted to such students as well as students from india willing to pay much higher tuitions PLUS, you go to India, it's be harder to get residency in USA. Re-entry to the US medical system is more difficult than it once was. It can close off your chances competitive Us residency. You will not need a lot of time to study for boars, although you do interact with patients from early on, clinical integration is practically non-existent

A lot of think the grass is greener on the other side, but if you know by moving from USA to India for medicine, you are doing it the opposite of what so many people want to do...

I'm not saying don't do it under any circumstances, weigh the options......Good luck

Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Federal Republic of Soomali-Galbeed Capital of Dira Dhabe

Postby Jabuutawi » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:31 pm

First it was Somali girls and how to find one, blah, blah, blah. Now this. I suggest you go to your nearest library, or better yet, surf the web for these types of information. The last place I would go for ANY advice is Snet. You are a moron! That said, how did you do on the MCAT and GPA? If you are at the 99th percentile, apply for an Ivy League university, rest are sheegato.

India? Bwaaahahahahahahahah!

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.