Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can a non-religious man marry a religious woman? Serious relationship topic

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Can a non-religious man marry a religious woman? Serious relationship topic

Postby XimanJaale » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:14 pm

A group of us whom were all men have been discussing this question and we got conflicting opinions. I was wondering what your opinions are?

This is the scenario.

A Somali guy who is not religious has been courting a Somali girl who is religious. The guy is not religious, he is your average Somali guy. He prays and tries his best to be a practising Muslim.

The girl is religious and her family are religious too, she is well-knowledgeable in the deen and is a Quran hafiid. Whereas the guy does not come from a religious family and does not have much knowledge in the deen and neither is he Quran hafiid.

However the guy and the girl click very well, they have the similar personality and characteristics. They also similar ambitions and are physically attracted to each other. For example she finds him good-looking and he finds her good-looking.

Now the question is..Should the guy pursue marriage with this girls or should he end courting her? Do you think their difference in religiosity will put a strain in their relationship in the future? Though they are similar in other ways, do you think this similarity is enough for them to make their relationship a success? Also do you think the a religious girl like her does not deserve a non-religious guy like him?

three6mafia

Re: Can a non-religious man marry a religious woman? Serious relationship topic

Postby three6mafia » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:16 pm

Serious Relationship topic
posted by a nigga

:comeon:

What has this forum come to.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:18 pm

^

Waryaa stop trolling. This is serious a thread.

three6mafia

Postby three6mafia » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:22 pm

I'm not trolling. Just sick and tired of seeing all this relationship shit. Mods should start thinking about opening a relationship sub section here.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm not trolling. Just sick of tired of seeing all this relationship shit. Mods should start thinking about opening a relationship sub section here.
I come across different threads that do not amuse me. I simply ignore them and do not participate. It best you ignore this thread and do not participate.

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:28 pm

His muslim and she's muslim. I say all the best and go for it.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:30 pm

His muslim and she's muslim. I say all the best and go for it.
:up:

Amira143
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Amira143 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:43 pm

The guy is not religious, he is your average Somali guy. He prays and tries his best to be a practising Muslim.

That says it all really. :up:

SiennaEarth
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SiennaEarth » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:18 pm

As long as he tries his best, prays his 5 a day, makes sure everything from his food to his money is halal, goes to Friday prayers and is willing to improve then why not?

But then at the same time it's not a good idea because the husband is the head of the house and if he's not what you want him to be, it's not going to work out too long. She might get tired of teaching the kids the deen and the quran herself. She might want a guy to pray night prayers with, read quran with, seek more knowledge with etc. Personally I'm not religious but I would love to marry someone who's either a teacher of knowledge or a student so I can learn from them. What's better than being taught by your husband?

COOL-MAN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby COOL-MAN » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:20 pm

A group of us whom were all men have been discussing this question and we got conflicting opinions. I was wondering what your opinions are?

This is the scenario.

A Somali guy who is not religious has been courting a Somali girl who is religious. The guy is not religious, he is your average Somali guy. He prays and tries his best to be a practising Muslim.

The girl is religious and her family are religious too, she is well-knowledgeable in the deen and is a Quran hafiid. Whereas the guy does not come from a religious family and does not have much knowledge in the deen and neither is he Quran hafiid.

However the guy and the girl click very well, they have the similar personality and characteristics. They also similar ambitions and are physically attracted to each other. For example she finds him good-looking and he finds her good-looking.

Now the question is..Should the guy pursue marriage with this girls or should he end courting her? Do you think their difference in religiosity will put a strain in their relationship in the future? Though they are similar in other ways, do you think this similarity is enough for them to make their relationship a success? Also do you think the a religious girl like her does not deserve a non-religious guy like him?
If I was courting that now and wasn't married I will run away with it. Only a stupid man will end courting a gal because she is very religious.

It might be, through her you become a better person.

Bandit
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Bandit » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:25 pm

Females are females in the end of the day if they think they love some guy they would throw away all the requirements :Shrug:

tmac
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby tmac » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:27 pm

I'll give you an example of my mum and dad.

Mum is very religious. Prays a lot, and take cashars regularly at masjid and online. Dad hardly prays, have very liberal views on many issues. They've still been married for over 20 years, and get along fairly well.

That said, when they first met both were irreligious. My mum became religious over the years but my dad stayed the same.

If they are both mature it can work.

SolidCamel
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SolidCamel » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:32 pm

If he's still Muslim and not tryna make sure his kids aren't Muslim no big deal. They'll make it work, and it'll help him in the long run.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:34 pm

As long as he tries his best, prays his 5 a day, makes sure everything from his food to his money is halal, goes to Friday prayers and is willing to improve then why not?

But then at the same time it's not a good idea because the husband is the head of the house and if he's not what you want him to be, it's not going to work out too long. She might get tired of teaching the kids the deen and the quran herself. She might want a guy to pray night prayers with, read quran with, seek more knowledge with etc. Personally I'm not religious but I would love to marry someone who's either a teacher of knowledge or a student so I can learn from them. What's better than being taught by your husband?
Yh I can see how it can be easy if the guy is religious and the girl is not. Since the guys are usually the authority in a relationship they can easily help or teach their spouses to become religious like them or teach them the deen. If I was religious I wouldn't necessarily force her to become religious, I would just teach her the deen thats all. However there are some religious folks that enforce their spouses to become religious like them i.e. change their attire such as Niqab or Jilbaab. I believe this will bring conflict and strain in a relationship.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:38 pm

I'll give you an example of my mum and dad.

Mum is very religious. Prays a lot, and take cashars regularly at masjid and online. Dad hardly prays, have very liberal views on many issues. They've still been married for over 20 years, and get along fairly well.

That said, when they first met both were irreligious. My mum became religious over the years but my dad stayed the same.

If they are both mature it can work.
That is kinda different scenario. Your parents were both in the same leaf before and had no religious expectations of each other. But nonetheless it could be ongoing example. I wonder if your mother has different expectations of your father now?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.